England booted from World Cup

bignok

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

Interestingly the "short" (T20) version of the World Cup of which we speak will be held in the US next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_ICC_Men's_T20_World_Cup

I wonder what the crowds will be like, will there be TV education programmes explaining the complexities of the game?

Cricket is getting more popular in the US. Expats, particularly from South Asia, are well served by Willow TV who are owned by an Indian media company. 20/20 is the way to go for people with short attention spans.

50 over cricket is apparently on it's way out. 

Afghanistan have been outstanding in this World Cup.

• Like 1

Just now, champers said:

Cricket is getting more popular in the US. Expats, particularly from South Asia, are well served by Willow TV who are owned by an Indian media company. 20/20 is the way to go for people with short attention spans.

50 over cricket is apparently on it's way out. 

Afghanistan have been outstanding in this World Cup.

T20 would suit the Yanks. Similar to baseball.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

I've watched Australian football and they look like they're moonwalking. Truth is, put them on an NFL field and it would only take one or two plays for them to need to exit the field in a stretcher.

I've watched American football, boring. When it is ten minutes to half-time, and it takes half an hour to play with offense and defense trooping on and off the field, spare me.

Of course they would be off the field on a stretcher, they have none of the padding, and don't weigh 120 kg. They'd be cut from the team as too slow.

How many of those lard-a3ses could do 16-20 km in a match without blowing a gasket?

Australian Rules is about speed and agility. American football is about knocking down barn doors.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I've watched American football, boring. When it is ten minutes to half-time, and it takes half an hour to play with offense and defense trooping on and off the field, spare me.

Of course they would be off the field on a stretcher, they have none of the padding, and don't weigh 120 kg. They'd be cut from the team as too slow.

How many of those lard-a3ses could do 16-20 km in a match without blowing a gasket?

Australian Rules is about speed and agility. American football is about knocking down barn doors.

I like the strategies in it. Run or pass. Bit long though.

20 hours ago, bignok said:

Soccer? Nobody cares about soccer in Australia. Minor sport. Its ranked about 7th. Soccer is no 1 in England.

Rugby union and rugby leaque is not football . Football is football , be told . 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, itsari said:

Rugby union and rugby leaque is not football . 

Wrong! Because originally, the only way to score points in rugby league was to use your FOOT to kick the BALL between the goalposts. 

Edited by Nemises

7 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Wrong! Because originally, the only way to score points in rugby league was to use your FOOT to kick the BALL between the goalposts. 

Around 4 percent of the world's population would agree with you. 

Refer to football and 96 percent would think of a round ball.

12 minutes ago, itsari said:

Around 4 percent of the world's population would agree with you. 

Refer to football and 96 percent would think of a round ball.

I was educating you as to why rugby league was originally called football - not what people think it should be called now. 

Edited by Nemises

23 minutes ago, Nemises said:

I was educating you as to why rugby league was originally called football - not what people think it should be called now. 

From what you educated me was it was called rugby football . Rugby is rugby and football is football by at least 96 percent of the world population in 2023

1 minute ago, itsari said:

From what you educated me was it was called rugby football . Rugby is rugby and football is football by at least 96 percent of the world population in 2023

Rugby is Union. League is league. All footy though.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, bignok said:

Rugby is Union. League is league. All footy though.

Correct! 96% can call it whatever the hell they want, but the clubs official names are e.g.

South Sydney Rugby League Football Club 

Go the bunnies! 🐰 ❤️ 💚

Edited by Nemises
  • Haha 1