Very strange situation with Moneygram

My parents sent money to my daughter as a gift for her new born baby. When she went to the office

to collect the money, the lady at the desk said the money were already taken. But my daughter doesn't take the amount. As well, checking the online tracking transaction, it's says as well that the money were taken.Never happened. Strange situation.

This makes also a problem with my parents thinking we are lying them.

Thank you

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Deserted said:

Someone has taken it or someone has given it to the wrong person. Since ID and codes are required, I suspect the latter. If so you should report it because that is theft. 

How is it possible that someone got the money as you said, transfer number and ID are required? This is make me "crazy". How is possible? I used both WU and MG for years, and never happened something like this. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The moneygram office needs to prove who took the money, what ID was used. They'll  have CCTV. Office may show no interest so may need to escalate to head office or call centre if need be

I already contact main office, still wait a response. Thank you.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

you may want to step back and think. its almost impossible to pick up money without a valid ID and the Transaction code. To have it happen by 2 different companies is even harder. Either someone you know is scamming you or someone has the ID and info for the transactions and know that they were made and by what service. look in your own backyard first. both companies record the pickups so they will have you answer

1) The Western Union issue has nothing to do with pick up money

2) This Moneygram, the money were sent on 2 November at 5.55 pm, Belgium time. I did not share the transition with anyone. Went yesterday to pick up the amount with my daughter under her name....cannot as wrote.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mika78 said:

1) The Western Union issue has nothing to do with pick up money

2) This Moneygram, the money were sent on 2 November at 5.55 pm, Belgium time. I did not share the transition with anyone. Went yesterday to pick up the amount with my daughter under her name....cannot as wrote.

How were you given the transaction code by your parents? If via email, Facebook etc.. it's possible either your or your parent's devices are compromised. Moneygram should be able to tell you at which location the money was picked up which would be helpful for you to know.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

How were you given the transaction code by your parents? If via email, Facebook etc.. it's possible either your or your parent's devices are compromised. Moneygram should be able to tell you at which location the money was picked up which would be helpful for you to know.

Whatsapp.

49 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

Whatsapp.

Next step is to get the location where exactly the funds were collected from Moneygram then. Western Union/Moneygram are frequently used by scammers in certain countries where either an ID is not required and you only need the transaction code, they possibly use a fake ID or they are in collusion with corrupt pick up staff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freeworld said:

A question,

You seem to have two topics to be having problems with western Union and now moneygram.

What is going on?

If you read the topics, you know what is going on. Or are you trying to say something else?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, NextG said:

Off-topic, I used to send scammers off to check Moneygram and Western Union for transfers when they tried their scams with me… until they begged me to leave them alone 🤭

So why do you start this topic here, if you basically write exactly what is 99% sure the cause of your issue. You got your karma back, dangerous game to play with those call center scam gangs, they have a lot of budget and resources. Your money likely is in nigeria or india then lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So why do you start this topic here, if you basically write exactly what is 99% sure the cause of your issue. You got your karma back, dangerous game to play with those call center scam gangs, they have a lot of budget and resources. Your money likely is in nigeria or india then lol.

I’m not the OP….

• Haha 1

I was in Thailand recently, and before my return flight someone sent me $200 through Western Union to shop for some items for them. It was a pain to pick up the money.

First I went to a Bangkok Bank branch just near my accommodation where I dealt with a very obnoxious female staff. While filling out the form, she was taking pictures of me with her phone, then I noticed that after making a copy of my passport, she kept it away from where I could reach for it instead of handing it back.

Then she asked me to sign the photo copy and she took the passport and was looking at the signature and how I was signing, even though I'd already signed the same signature on the western union form. By this time I was really pissed, but held my peace.

After all the drama, she dialed a number and was telling someone she won't be paying out because my middle name was missing from the transaction. So I reached out to where she'd kept my passport and took it, but as I was standing up, she tried to grab my phone which was on her desk. I was lucky I spotted her. I picked up the phone and announced I was going to Central.

Big mistake!  They called central to alert them before I got there, and the cashier said I needed 2 forms of ID to pick up the money.

Very annoyed and frustrated, I left and went to the post office to pick up the money. The reason for the long winded explanation to to let the OP know that it's not easy for someone else to pick up the funds without collusion. 

On 11/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

So why the defamatory OP about something that is in the process of being resolved?

Because after more than a week I still haven't received a person. I would have a perfect adjective for a person of your caliber for having defined me as defamatory... but I avoid it otherwise they will kick me out of the forum.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mika78 said:
On 11/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

So why the defamatory OP about something that is in the process of being resolved?

Because after more than a week I still haven't received a person. I would have a perfect adjective for a person of your caliber for having defined me as defamatory... but I avoid it otherwise they will kick me out of the forum.

I did not "define" you as defamatory, I referred to your implication (that you assume, clearly, that MG were at fault) as being defamatory.

I doubt that you do have an accurate adjective for me if that adjective would get you banned but if you really do, why not PM me with it?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did not "define" you as defamatory, I referred to your implication (that you assume, clearly, that MG were at fault) as being defamatory.

I doubt that you do have an accurate adjective for me if that adjective would get you banned but if you really do, why not PM me with it?

I don't seem to have accused or defamed MG of having appropriated the sum, but I simply told what happened to me by writing that it is a strange situation, especially given the fact that we often use MG and nothing has ever happened.
For the rest, I apologize for what I wrote towards you, but I don't like being accused of what I'm not. I apologize and I hope you will accept my apologies.

10 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

I don't seem to have accused or defamed MG of having appropriated the sum, but I simply told what happened to me by writing that it is a strange situation, especially given the fact that we often use MG and nothing has ever happened.

The clear implication of your OP was that MG had done something that deprived a customer of their funds without waiting for the resolution. 

Problem solved and in the meantime I have to ask another thing: it was no hacker, no identity theft: my son read the digit code to withdraw the sum and the amount, the only information necessary to deposit the money into the bank account of wo will receive the money. He did so and then transferred the entire sum to his account. All this, being a PEA, to buy some material. Unfortunately, but now she has learned her lesson, my daughter does not use passwords or other "security systems" on her phone.

What punishment would you give for such an act? I have already said that he will not be able to participate in the next FCGs in Hua Hin. For a PEA it's like losing 10 years of your life.

• Confused 1