Trump leads Biden in 5 key battleground states: poll

Social Media

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You are both guessing and making things up. Now go away like a good Dan.

No monitors were told to leave, but Republican monitors and members of the media left when some election employees called "cutters" wrapped up for the night.  Georgia law § 21-2-408 spells out the rules for partisan poll watchers, allowing them to be present and monitor aspects of the elections process. But having monitors there is not required — and in fact, Democrats did not have monitors present at that time.

So your post about Republican poll monitors being denied "close access" came straight from Rudy Guiliani, despite your denial.

Good to know.

Could contain:

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

I never claimed there was 0 influence on inflation. My claim is that most of it comes from global inflation (in particular global oil price).

The 50% figure comes from right-wing propaganda and absolutely doesn't make sense if one compares with other countries (see the FT chart you also cited). So maybe 2 points in 2022. However, as the graph show, the early peak in 2022 was followed by lower inflation than other countries, which compensates for the 2022 peak.

As to your claim that the U.S. is responsible for global oil prices is still ridiculous. The U.S. produces around 15% of the world production. As concerns OPEC:

"Approximately 69% came from the top ten countries, and an overlapping 38% came from the thirteen current OPEC members, in the table below. Members of OPEC+, which includes current OPEC members produce 58% of the world's petroleum."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

But most important fact, the OPEC, as its name indicates, is composed of the most exporting countries (and has the explicit goal of controlling prices). The U.S. produces more or less what it consumes, so it plays a neutral role.

Now you resort to making predictions, because you lack factual arguments.

Facts are:

- lower inflation that other G7 countries after the initial post-Covid peak,

- a GDP growth which has been twice that of other G7 countries, compared to pre-pandemic level,

- strong unemployment decrease, oscillating in 2023 around historical record.

- oil production and export increase, energetic independence improved.

- strategic independence increased,

Etc...

Not bad for a "phony loser" 😃

You mentioned other issues. What has been done is certainly not enough, but as mentioned by other posters, he had to compose with two DINOs who were eager to block some initiatives, and since the midterm elections with a GOP house majority. There's not much hope to improve the situation of the poor with a GOP majority. 

So yes, the situation is harder than before the pandemic for most people, and it's the same all over the world. However, some countries, such as the U.S., are doing better (or less worse) than the others.

You'll see what happens when all the free money is gone...

Inflation will stick, unemployment is gonna go up, companies will go bankrupted, people will restart taking on debt and the stock market will crash of course.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Inflation will stick, unemployment is gonna go up, companies will go bankrupted, people will restart taking on debt and the stock market will crash of course.

giphy.gif

Personal predictions are not facts.

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, MrPancake said:

I never said it was solely Biden's fault. But it is a fact even if you don't like it: 25 to 50% of that inflation was due to Biden's decisions. Sorry if it hurts your little heart. And the overheating of the economy comes has the same origin. You rave about the low unemployment. We'll see what happens next. As I said, I bet on a recession and another stock market crash.

Housing, education, healthcare, etc... It has NOTHING to do with the war in Ukraine. Energy prices could have been regulated. The US is the number one producer of oil in the world: zero excuses. Then of course you can argue that some decisions had to be made (industrial restructuring, etc...). That wasn't even my point. My point is I understand why many struggling Americans have been disappointed with Biden's presidency and will now vote for Trump. Totally logical. Didn't he say that he would cancel student debt at some point. Absolute phony loser.

Right, regulate energy prices.  Because we all know that nothing improves an economy more than the government dictating prices.

• Like 1

Look for the source yourself. I know it's bothering you. I like it.

Just write the text in your search engine, you'll get the result alright.

The speculation is the reason for the 25% error margin, smart ass.

No I think it's just you getting a bit uncomfortable. Overall inflation doesn't provide the necessary insight to understand why so many people are angry. Now feel free to pretend you don't understand. It won't change the fact that Biden might very well lose.

Read the forum rules.  You made the claim, you have the obligation to provide the source.  Since you still won't give your source I assume it has no credibility.  You must be very embarrassed by it.  Understandable, your out of context paragraph reads in a very speculative manner.

Overall inflation is what determines the overall increase in the cost of living.  Your unsourced claims about how some types of inflation are higher than the average and unsourced speculation about how that hurts some people more is the argumentative equivalent of flailing about.

• Like 2

Actually what I'm doing is showing that your simplistic view of "inflation was low, everything was fine" is BS. That entire conversation started because I said Biden didn't do enough for those in need which in turn is leading to the current situation of him losing the next election (maybe). So yeah, you are cherry picking the data that suits the narrative. A convenient average that hides this reral problem for the bottom 50% in the US.

You claimed that inflation began before Covid.  I gave sources showing overall inflation was around 2% for years before Covid.  So you replied with unsourced claims that some types of inflation were above 2%.  Now you are making unsourced claims that these types of inflation were hurting the bottom 50%.

Take a consistent stand and give real sources.  I won't debate someone who makes stuff up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Right, regulate energy prices.  Because we all know that nothing improves an economy more than the government dictating prices.

They did it some countries in Europe, especially in France with "le bouclier tarifaire" and the results were good.

Again you're wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Read the forum rules.  You made the claim, you have the obligation to provide the source.  Since you still won't give your source I assume it has no credibility.  You must be very embarrassed by it.  Understandable, your out of context paragraph reads in a very speculative manner.

Overall inflation is what determines the overall increase in the cost of living.  Your unsourced claims about how some types of inflation are higher than the average and unsourced speculation about how that hurts some people more is the argumentative equivalent of flailing about.

You can assume whatever you want. Don't care :)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

You claimed that inflation began before Covid.  I gave sources showing overall inflation was around 2% for years before Covid.  So you replied with unsourced claims that some types of inflation were above 2%.  Now you are making unsourced claims that these types of inflation were hurting the bottom 50%.

Take a consistent stand and give real sources.  I won't debate someone who makes stuff up.

Good. You want to debate me from the start not the other way around. Good bye :))

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Use Google or chat GPT.

It's your responsibility to cite the sources of your claims. "Do your own research" type comments make you sound like a flat earther.

Also, you really want to suggest that people should use ChatGPT to gain reliable info? Seriously?

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, MrPancake said:

giphy.gif

and of course the 1% will be minting it, like they always do in a crisis, or a war. They'll be lovin' it.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Could contain:

Seems like you are saying that nothing was proven either way by senate hearings. If so, that is grounds for suspicion that something might indeed have gone awry.

Not that it makes any difference now, of course. It's not possible to make the past 3 years go away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know why you keep saying silly things. The requirement to provide Secret Service protection for Trump negates any idea that Trump would spend time in jail. If he was convicted of an offense carrying jail time he would likely serve it under house arrest, but given the nonsense charges against him a conviction not overturned on appeal would IMO be unlikely to result in incarceration, but at most a fine and possibly a suspended prison sentence.

The Secret Service can delegate protection to US Marshals in prison, if only by deputizing them.

Once Trump is convicted, and appeals are exhausted, you will be surprised by events.

• Like 2