The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yeah, so why do you?

I just say what is true. 
Does it have something to do with this topic? How about you try to discuss the topic? Perhaps I’m super interesting to you, but you are going to have to curb your enthusiasm. Stick to the topic or buzz off 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Took a look and cannot find anything that you posted with regard to pre-1948. Then we can have a conversation about the terror groups who ended up governing the place in question. Do you think they no longer exist? 
We can talk about how the Palestinians and the Jews lived together peacefully, as Arabs and Jews did before and do now; Morocco, as an example. 
But of course, something happened to change all that snd it wasn’t the Palestinians who changed it. 

Start a new topic if you want a conversation about that as you state you do

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stop being a hypocrite then telling others to stay on topic. Simple

Yes, I can see that you are simple. Discussions with regard to the Palestinian situation is on-topic on a thread featuring ‘pro-Palestinian rally’ in it. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Then of course you have the option of inflammatory personal slurs. 

What? Do you mean like ‘hypocrite’? 
You haven’t anything to discuss that is on-topic. You just came here to Troll… so get lost, loser. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Another inflammatory slur. Bye

Bye…. loser. Next time, don’t show yourself up by being the hypocrite you accuse others of being. No a single post on-topic but literally posting to bait and inflame. Pathetic. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Yes, I can see that you are simple. Discussions with regard to the Palestinian situation is on-topic on a thread featuring ‘pro-Palestinian rally’ in it. 

What about the Kingdom of Judea... in about 1100 BCE, which then split into Israel and Judah. Israel was destroyed by Assyrians in 722 BCE and the Babylonians destroyed Judah in 586 BCE.

How long has the Palestinian claim on the land been held for ??? According the worldhistory.org the word Palestine does not appear in any written records until 500 BCE. 

Islam didn't start until 610 AD.

So... All those Hamas Terrorists shouting 'Alluha Akbar' while cutting off babies heads didn't have a god when both shared the lands initially, when the Ottomans who'd taken over the region gave refuge to the jews who were persecuted by the rest of Europe. 

The history is clearly complex - but there is noting complex about Hamas - In its current guise Supporting Palestine means supporting Hamas a terrorist organisation who would happly see all 10 million Israeli's dead... conversely, Israel has attempted to offer solutions on numerous occasions.  

How can you negotiate and talk with those who established the Three No's in the Khartoum Resolution:

- No peace with Israel

- No recognition of Israel

- No negotiations with Israel

What is left ? - destroy Israel - Supporting a 'free Palestine movement' is the same as supporting a 'murder Israelis Movement' until such a time the Khartoum resolution is abolished and those Palestinians wishing for peace can come forward and negotiate a peaceful two state resolution to share lands shared Millenia ago - can anyone see that happening ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

So you think that because I don't go out on a one-man march against Islamist terror groups, then there is no need for protests against Islamist terror groups? Great logic there Chomper...:thumbsup:

Erm no.

Rather, don’t bleat about others not doing what you yourself don’t do.

It’s not a good look.

10 hours ago, NextG said:

I just say what is true. 
Does it have something to do with this topic? How about you try to discuss the topic? Perhaps I’m super interesting to you, but you are going to have to curb your enthusiasm. Stick to the topic or buzz off 🙂

I'm responding to your post, same way (but less aggressively) you respond to others.

So, to be clear - when you employ virtue signaling its 'the truth', and when others do it it's not? Something like that?

The topic is actually about the protest, which has ended, unless you missed it. I did comment about it up topic, more than once.

14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

If I were a deeply religious person, and terror groups were carrying out endless barbaric attacks in the name of my religion, I'd want to be out on the streets telling the world "not in my name" etc. 

While Hamas are obviously Muslims, the attacks were not, IMO, religious in nature. They were certainly a response to israeli oppression and the illegal blockade of Gaza's borders.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It certainly is when during that day probably dozens of Gazan's were blown to bits. When the israelis stop blowing children to bits the protests will stop.

@thaibeachlovers

When Hamas releases the hostages the bombings will stop.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1