I have an non-O multiple entry, please help with 90 days rules

Hello everybody,

I have a multiple entry non-O that expire on May 31st 2024.

I went out from Thailand in June 15th and returned at the same address on October 22nd 2023, (few days ago). Did I have to go to do a TM30? When I arrived in 24 hours? I do not think, because I did not change address at all. In case where I can file the TM 30 Online? What website?

When do I have to communicate my 90 days address?

I simply went away and returned at the same address. I think I have to do my 90 days communication starting from The arrival day stamped (Oct 22nd).

I just want to be sure as I do not want to be deported for a stupid reason, please help.

In case I have to do something ASAP , please let me knon.

Thank you so much!!!

Siddharta

Edited by Siddharta

At most immigration offices (including Bangkok) no new TM30 notification is needed.

Also, to set your mind at rest, even the most blatant disregard for the requirements on reporting cannot get you deported. At worst, it exposes you to the risk of a modest fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I live in the same address where I lived when I applied for non-O multiple entry in March 2023. Same everything. The day I arrived on Oct 22nd I did not do anything (TM30) so now passed 2 weeks, I was wondering what to do. I decleare online same address or I do not do anything?

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

At most immigration offices (including Bangkok) no new TM30 notification is needed.

Also, to set your mind at rest, even the most blatant disregard for the requirements on reporting cannot get you deported. At worst, it exposes you to the risk of a modest fine.

I like your answer. Sounds good! Fair enough. Thank you so much!

6 minutes ago, Siddharta said:

Thank you, I think you meant "do NOT need" . I appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Yes sorry....typo

You do NOT need to do a new TM30.

Be aware some offices are being rogue on this ..

CM being one office 

Sorry but your posts are a little unclear.

If you registered TM30 on your first entry, as everyone else says, at most Immigration Offices you don't have to register again unless you change address. As far as I know, that applies to every entry you make on that visa - not sure if you'd need to register again when the visa expires and you enter on a new one.

If you didn't register on your first entry, do it now, they may fine you but not a lot.

Edited by MangoKorat

4 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

As far as I know, that applies to every entry you make on that visa - not sure if you'd need to register again when the visa expires and you enter on a new one.

Yes that is correct re current ME Visa and will need to make new TM30 when enters on NEW multi entry visa. 

Would I be right in saying that if he has not registered, his first registration has to be done at Immigration? That was the case when I first registered but things have changed since then and to be honest, I got sick of playing around with Korat I.O. and trying to get the online reg to work - I just don't bother now.

2 hours ago, Siddharta said:

I have a multiple entry non-O that expire on May 31st 2024.

I went out from Thailand in June 15th and returned at the same address on October 22nd 2023, (few days ago).

When you have a MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa, you receive a 90-day Permission to stay when entering Thailand.  And if you exit Thailand every 3 months (before expiry of that Permission to stay) and then return you will receive once again a 90-day Permission to stay. 

When doing that there is no need to visit an Imm Office to file a TM-30 nor to do 90-day reports (as you never stay longer than 90 days in the country).

• Like 1

Depending on your LOCAL IO POLICY you might have to file a TM-30. Find out FROM your LOCAL ( REPORTING TO ) IO

90 DAY REPORT is do 90 days ( 5 days early ok MOST IO's ) after entry into Thailand. As soon as you pass immigration, it is day 1 of 90.

Ireentered aug 12.   90 days was nov 9.  I dated my form nov 9, but reported in on nov 7.

all ok, but the next 90 day report was entered for feb 5.

they start the 90 day calculation on the day yo actually report, not an ongoing 90 day calculation, so my report was then 88 days. you do not save time by reporting early..

17 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

When you have a MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa, you receive a 90-day Permission to stay when entering Thailand.  And if you exit Thailand every 3 months (before expiry of that Permission to stay) and then return you will receive once again a 90-day Permission to stay. 

When doing that there is no need to visit an Imm Office to file a TM-30 nor to do 90-day reports (as you never stay longer than 90 days in the country).

Best answer IMHO.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Siddharta said:

When do I have to communicate my 90 days address?

As you are only permitted 90 days stay on each entry, you shall not do 90-days reports, as you leave the country after 90-days and the report period resets to 0 when re-entering.

However, you landlord shall fill a TM30 report.

• Like 1

As said above if you have a real multi entry non immigrant O visa issued by a Thai Consulate there is nothing you have to do unless you extend your stay beyond 90 days.  Those providing accommodations are required to report using TM30.  There are no 90 day reports due unless you stay longer than 90 days and on a multi entry non immigrant O visa your stay is limited to 90 days.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Best answer IMHO.

I think the answer provides good practical advice. I would though add that, technically, you are supposed to ensure that a TM30 notification has been done. Although unlikely, it is possible for Immigration in your area to do a sweep looking for people who have not complied with the rules. Their real objective is to find overstayers. However, if you are caught up in such a sweep, you will face a fine for failure to ensure the TM30 notification was done.

2 hours ago, kelboy said:

If you leave the country and return you must do a TM30 within 24hrs of returning home even if its to the same address. 1500tb fine for not doing it. Up to you to take the chance also it only take 5 minutes. 

That is what the law states. However, even the most anal immigration office will accept a TM30 notification done a few days after your return without penalty. Also, pursuant to rule changes in 2020, there is supposed to be no need to do a new notification if returning to your permanent address after using a re-entry permit, or the same multiple entry visa used for the previous entry.

• Like 2