Instead of ASEAN NOW: What About... ASEAN-NOW And JAPAN?

GammaGlobulin

Of Course, as everybody knows, I have always loved TV.

And then, TV became ASEAN NOW.

So, what about if TV were to become even more inclusive, to name itself ASEAN-NOW And JAPAN?

The logic behind this is that there are many, MANY people from Japan living in Thailand, and the Japanese love Thailand.

Also, there are many, MANY Farang who live in Thailand and also spend VASTS Amounts of time in Japan.

And, there are many, MANY Farang who have already lived in Japan for decades, but who now live in Thailand.

Also, Thai people love cleanliness, and love to take at least two showers per day.

And, likewise, the Japanese people love cleanliness, and often enjoy two baths per day.

There are just so many similarities between the two countries, Thailand and Japan.

This is why, logically, it might be a BOON to TV to add JAPAN to the Forum Mix, and even demonstrate this addition by adding JAPAN to the name of the forum

I can say without doubt, and in all sincerity, and based on my many years experience in Asia, both SE Asia and East Asia, that Thailand and Japan are the ONLY two countries which I would consider for retirement, and for living a long and fruitful life, not to mention a happy existence, as well.

In addition, passa Thai is one of the most difficult of languages to learn, and not to be outdone by the Japanese language in this respect.

First, one can beat one's head against the wall learning passa Thai.

Second, one can move to Japan and beat one's head against the wall learning passa Japanese.

This is a win-win language experience for almost anybody.

There are many commenters here either from Japan and now in Thailand, or those who have moved from Japan to Thailand, that might find some sort of SUB-FORUM on TV which is reserved for Japan-related Topics.

Why discriminate against the Japanese, especially now that WW2 is almost a forgotten experience for all but the oldest commenters on TV?

Sure.

I realize that most of my ideas are not good.

Yet, sometimes, when I least expect it, I am blessed with a good idea, out of the blue.

Or, maybe this idea, too, is just NG.

For sure, I have much to say about my experiences in Tokyo in the early 1970s, my experiences often visiting Okinawa and the southern string of islands in the 80s, 90s, and the following decades.

Especially, the baths, because I do have many good memories of the Japanese baths, the snow-monkey macaques bathing with me, and so much more.

I could probably write interesting Topics for days and days, just about some of my experiences in Japan during past decades.

I might start a personal blog concerning my personal reminiscences, but why bother?  And, who would read it, anyway?

Would it not be better to have a place on TV for me to add my thoughts about Japan, for all to read..."all my friends" to read, is my meaning.

So many questions I now have,

And, so little time....

Best to YOU....

Gamma Globule

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

You should just keep bumping this thread.

Remember to really hose your horrible, old man butt before hoping into a group hot tub situation. 

They think you're like a dog anyway, and they will really appreciate that extra blast up your crack.

Bringing a bottle brush along would also not go amiss.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Okinawa is #4 on my bucket list so I would like to hear your Okinawa stories.

My nephew just came back from Japan (he is Thai) and he complained Japanese people refusing to speak English, I must add he speaks perfect English and spend 8 years in Australia.

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

My nephew just came back from Japan (he is Thai) and he complained Japanese people refusing to speak English, I must add he speaks perfect English and spend 8 years in Australia.

When writing in English, grammar is paramount if one wishes to communicate clearly.

English grammar is difficult.

Japanese grammar is equally difficult, maybe.

These days, maybe due to social media, so many of us continue to lose the ability to write grammatically correct sentences.

But, still, I do not complain, much...

Just a sign of the times, I guess....

My English teacher friend there tells me that companies stopped subsidizing English classes.

And that like most of Asia, Japan has become more inward-looking and nationalistic.

English-speaking also became less fashionable. This is sad only on the women side of the equation.

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

My English teacher friend there tells me that companies stopped subsidizing English classes.

And that like most of Asia, Japan has become more inward-looking and nationalistic.

English-speaking also became less fashionable. This is sad only on the women side of the equation.

Who knows...

The Japanese language may yet become the Lingua Franca for the entire world, including India and China.

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The term farang is pretty mild compared to gaijin.

Throughout Asia, actually.

The terminologies are somewhat homogenous by definition and usually spot on by it's very nature. 

Western/Foreign Barbaric Devil.........

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Who knows...

The Japanese language may yet become the Lingua Franca for the entire world, including India and China.

The world already has a Lingua Franca. It's known as "ENGLISH".

By all means, come back to Thailand. The cultural/linguistic barriers are equally high.

Failing in Thailand? No problem. Become an alcoholic. Failing in Japan? Only acceppted way out is HARAKIRI.

Less drastic to lose face in Thailand than in Japan.

Hey Gamma.

How about a trip report with Photos.

Many of us has never been to Japan.

A photo says more than 1000 words, so that would be a win-win situation. 

Less words, more photos of:

Your room.

Food.

The area you stay.

Supermarket.

People.

Landscape and mountains.

Most of all, beautiful young Japanese ladies, (preferable with IQ 140+)

You are in Japan, aren't you? Where's the photos?

Are people welcoming to you?

Can some or many communicate with you?

What's your daily spending so far?

Learned a few japanese words and can say hello, thank you, and ...

*Are you single?

Have you joined the english speaking forum there?

On 11/10/2023 at 10:55 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Would it not be better to have a place on TV for me to add my thoughts about Japan, for all to read..."all my friends" to read, is my meaning.

Save that for the Japan english speaking forum. There you could probably get tons of information that would make daily life as a newbie, much easier.

I would be out exploring from 9am, take photos, try a few words from the dictionary daily. Not return back to the room until dark. Life is for living and exploring.

Trip report with lots of photos would be appreciated.

• Agree 1

^^^ This is it. If you want to be of use to the forum, check that big ego and self-congratulatory look-at-everything-I-have-done/know tat and chuck up some pics with minimal (READ: less wordy) descriptions with the end user in mind. You will get better feedback and be appreciated. One of the absolute best topics TV ever had is the abandoned buildings thread.