Japanese Tourist Pickpocketed in Pattaya

snoop1130

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Along the way, Mr. Toshiaki recounted that two transgender women joined them and sat next to him.

Of course they did.........they do that uninvited all the time. 

I once reported my wallet being picked from my pocket and recalled being approached by a ladyboy the previous night and convinced myself it had to have been them. It wasn't, my wallet was at home, I'd actually hidden it from the wife when I got in the night before and totally forgot.

I made a police report out too but oddly enough they weren't overly interested.

This just seems to be a photo opportunity and a chance to bash the already well-bashed ladyboy community.

They dont do themsleves any favours it has to be said but I think blaming them for everything will backfire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Strange, most Asian guys on vacation usually keep their valuables in that ugly manpurse they wear in front - like in his photo above.  I usually see them gripping it tighter than a granny grips her handbag whenever a "insert minority here" walks by her on a bus.

So how did any Ladyboy manage to 'pickpicket' this guy when his valuables were in his manpurse, and he was sitting across from his buddy?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

One hell of a thick wallet. With the largest Thai bill = 1000 THB he had to have had at minimum 40 bills in Thai currency and probably at least 10 Japanese 10,000 yen bills. So that is 50 bills in one wallet? pocket? My wallet get bulky with 10 or more bills, and if I had 50 it would close.

The pic shows he had a big handbag and i would guess the $$ was in the handbag which likely easier to steal than a fat wallet in a back pocket....

They may be transgender in the west but in Thailand they are ladyboys, always have been, and always will be. The real question is why are such a high percentage of crimes in Pattaya perpetrated by ladyboys, why isn't something done, about why isn't there some sort of program going on to address this issue? 

Are they really such desperados, is their life really so difficult, is business down for them what's going on? 

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Donbuie3 said:

Quite right. No need to play the left WOKE agenda and give it legitimacy. There are only 2 sexes, with the exception perhaps of obscure, medical, rarities, who don’t appear to be parading around dressed in all the colours of the rainbow!

What has wokeness to do with left or right? Your knowledge has to be updated. Since Darwin there happened a lot in respect of numbers of genders. Is it not ignorant to deny this? Look around in Thailand. It is probably possible even for you to see Ladyboys, isn't it?. If you like to close your eyes and ears, that's fine, but please respect science and don't talk about divers people in that prerogative way:sad:. It sounds offensive and insulting.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Gorgeous or ugly they are just cocks in frocks as far as I'm concerned.

It's extremely sad to read your post. Why you have no respect for divers people? And why you have to offend and insult them? Did this anybody to you in this context lately? We don't need to discuss science, but I ask you for more respect.:sad:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, I supposed you can read and hopefully understand? Your reply is actually what it means when speaking about Old White Men. Times have changed. As a matter of respect, we should use the right terms. Also, to avoid discrimination.  I admit for the older generation it might be not easy but exactly here respect will start. I do not demand anything, but expect respect to divers groups in our society.

Btw, I really don't understand your harsh reaction? I realized since a long time already that not having the same opinion make others as enemies. The diction is like this. :sad: Is this necessary?

Don't be such a snowflake. Respect is the wrong word usage here, politeness would be more fitting but politeness brushes cheeks with hypocrisy. Respect concerns admiration for certain qualities or achievements in a person. I respect my gay cousin who has been in a gay relationship for 40 years but that isn't why I respect him. He is a caring empathetic man who in his teens volunteered all his school holidays to help helpless, horrifically wounded men from both world wars who were permanently cared for in nursing homes, today in his old age he works with severely autistic children, he turned down a professorship at Oxford university in order to work in the social services, A real man of character in my eyes.

Now why should I respect a man trying to convince himself and others that he is a woman? Of course I could be and am polite in the few times I have a conversation with them but I treat them as men and don't encourage them in their fantasies by changing pronouns or using 'they and them'. These afflicted men have the right to consider themselves women and to desecrate their bodies but I also have the right to remain in the real world and regard them as mentally disturbed men without saying it to their face of course (polite :smile:). They, like the LGBT+, are a vociferous group who represent a small fraction of society and yet there are companies and organizations who bend over backwards for them, in talk shows it is insisted that false pronouns be used and grovelling apologies are used if that is forgotten, pure hypocrisy. We are on a slippery slope downwards with hypocrisy in general, one can't say the truth anymore because someone may burst into tears. Many years ago while shopping for dresses with my girlfriend in Germany I noticed a section marked up as 'voll (full) figure' instead of large, the shop assistant explained it to me; You mean fat, I said, the shop assistant actually blushed. In Thailand my dentist was expounding the benefits of implants as opposed to dentures, when I said that for the few years of life I had left the cost wasn't worth it she became most uncomfortable and her assistant stood with open mouth while my wife apologized on my behalf.....for telling the truth!

I support Al Bundy (the TV series 'married with children') when he said, "Stop asking me if that dress makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat".

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Don't be such a snowflake. Respect is the wrong word usage here, politeness would be more fitting but politeness brushes cheeks with hypocrisy. Respect concerns admiration for certain qualities or achievements in a person. I respect my gay cousin who has been in a gay relationship for 40 years but that isn't why I respect him. He is a caring empathetic man who in his teens volunteered all his school holidays to help helpless, horrifically wounded men from both world wars who were permanently cared for in nursing homes, today in his old age he works with severely autistic children, he turned down a professorship at Oxford university in order to work in the social services, A real man of character in my eyes.

Now why should I respect a man trying to convince himself and others that he is a woman? Of course I could be and am polite in the few times I have a conversation with them but I treat them as men and don't encourage them in their fantasies by changing pronouns or using 'they and them'. These afflicted men have the right to consider themselves women and to desecrate their bodies but I also have the right to remain in the real world and regard them as mentally disturbed men without saying it to their face of course (polite :smile:). They, like the LGBT+, are a vociferous group who represent a small fraction of society and yet there are companies and organizations who bend over backwards for them, in talk shows it is insisted that false pronouns be used and grovelling apologies are used if that is forgotten, pure hypocrisy. We are on a slippery slope downwards with hypocrisy in general, one can't say the truth anymore because someone may burst into tears. Many years ago while shopping for dresses with my girlfriend in Germany I noticed a section marked up as 'voll (full) figure' instead of large, the shop assistant explained it to me; You mean fat, I said, the shop assistant actually blushed. In Thailand my dentist was expounding the benefits of implants as opposed to dentures, when I said that for the few years of life I had left the cost wasn't worth it she became most uncomfortable and her assistant stood with open mouth while my wife apologized on my behalf.....for telling the truth!

I support Al Bundy (the TV series 'married with children') when he said, "Stop asking me if that dress makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat".

Sorry, I don't agree with this Old White Men speech. And I disagree with your definition of respect; here my version:

"Respect means that you accept somebody for who they are, even when they're different from you or you don't agree with them. Respect in your relationships builds feelings of trust, safety, and wellbeing. Respect doesn't have to come naturally – it is something you learn."

Do you think you're not flexible to learn at your age?😶

Just now, newbee2022 said:

Sorry, I don't agree with this Old White Men speech. And I disagree with your definition of respect; here my version:

"Respect means that you accept somebody for who they are, even when they're different from you or you don't agree with them. Respect in your relationships builds feelings of trust, safety, and wellbeing. Respect doesn't have to come naturally – it is something you learn."

Do you think you're not flexible to learn at your age?😶

At least I am honest and unlike you I don't patronize, you have your opinions and I have mine. I rather think that mine are organic whereas yours are possibly due to 'new age' indoctrination, whatever it doesn't concern me. Incidentally how far does your 'respect' go regarding pedophiles?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

you're the one being a pedant. 

Actually there is a difference, katoeys refer to themselves as just that, not as women, they know they aren't although among themselves they use the 'she' pronoun. They have at least intellectual honesty regarding their chosen lifestyle. 

• Like 1

Had this happen a few times but every time the zip was broken on my bag.

Asok - two guys walked near me, one on each side, and I felt my bag moving so I turned and looked.  I just saw his hand on it then one guy walked off into the dark soi and another walked past quickly.

Chitlom - a young girl was walking really close behind me.  I stopped to look at my phone and she bumped into me and then just stood there.

Beach place cafe area - We had a picnic and walked a few metres to take a photo.  When we got back picnic has gone.  They took all the fried chicken and left the rice.  Which is funny because the way it was packed they would have to take out the rice first in that order so not a stray dog.

Lucky for me I laced it with poison.

Edited by Chris Daley

53 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

At least I am honest and unlike you I don't patronize, you have your opinions and I have mine. I rather think that mine are organic whereas yours are possibly due to 'new age' indoctrination, whatever it doesn't concern me. Incidentally how far does your 'respect' go regarding pedophiles?

What a piece of work. You may think you’re speaking “truth” but the fact is you’re clueless. Transgender people have been around for all of recorded history, and the fact that you regard it as “perversity” rather than what is actually the case (a brain that’s wired somewhat differently, as someone here characterized it) speaks to your own intolerance. Being 75 years old (or whatever you said your age was) doesn’t give you wisdom; it means you’re unteachable.