British Man Arrested after Dropping Gun in Rawai Nightclub

webfact

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

If it was a blank gun and not modified to fire real bullets, there is no law against them yet as far as I know, even though the Interior Ministry has been seizing them and asking owners to register them since the Paragon murders by the 14 year old fruit cake. It takes some time to amend laws in Thailand.  They need draft a bill first which needs to pass three readings in parliament and then usually comes into effect 90 days after publication in the Royal Gazette.

I was wondering what the legal status of "blank guns" were.  I didn't think they were regulated but wasn't sure.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, sambum said:

If he had previously been in prison in his "home country" for selling drugs and firearms, why was he let into Thailand in the first place?

If they screen every tourist, no one would come.  Few people will want to vacation here if part of the 30 day visa process was submitting criminal background checks for your entire family.  Just saying.

2 hours ago, Terry Juhlin said:

Having been a law enforcement officer for 30 years in the States, I know all too well you don’t carry or tuck a handgun in the small of your back an rely on your belt an trousers to keep the handgun secure. Many holster makers or manufacturers offer secure concealed inside your pants type of undercover or off duty holsters. Try running or even doing simple yet silly back flips without a handgun being secured in a holster. Unsecured handguns with or without an exposed hammer can easily be accidentally discharged by doing simple but stupid tricks. Individual departments or agencies provide policies regarding the carrying of concealed weapons both on duty and off duty. Violations of your department or agency’s policies and procedures could cost you your job or you being subject to disciplinary action or both not to mention the civil liabilities you’d face in regards to negligence…

They do in the movies.  Good way to shoot your nuts or your coccyx off, or worse, put a bullet through your femoral artery.  A good holster is a must when carrying concealed.  And it shouldn't "fall on the floor."

14 hours ago, JayClay said:

I think you made a bit of a faux pas with your ratial stereotyping there.

Hint: The UK is not, by a long stretch, the nationality most associated with guns...

No, it´s not, but it is one of the countries in the world with most imported criminals based on per capita. The reason for why not most guns, is just that the idiots are to dumb to know how to use one.

Edited by Gottfrid

29 minutes ago, connda said:

If they screen every tourist, no one would come.  Few people will want to vacation here if part of the 30 day visa process was submitting criminal background checks for your entire family.  Just saying.

I am led to believe that all visitor's names and personal background information are fed into a computer after you have boarded the Airplane at your country's International Airport. This is then accessed by the Immigration Authorities at your destination International Airport.

This makes sense from an immigration/police perspective, as they then have a few hours to prepare a welcoming committee...

I may be wrong, but if this isn't the case then the immigration authorities are missing out on an opportunity to apprehend wanted individuals worldwide... JMHO

5 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

New to the list of most popular names for boys are: Ahmed, Mateo, Musa, Sam, Austin, Cody, Hamza, Frankie, Harvey, Felix, John, Eddie, Elias, Jake and Junior. New to the list of most popular names for girls are: Ayzal, Sarah, Lyra, Delilah, Hazel, Riley, Clara, Niamh, Ariella, Ophelia, Zahra, Athena, Cora and Amelie.Jul 11, 2023

That’s probably the reason the bigots left the uk in the first place. To go and be an immigrant in a foreign country! 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, here we start again with discrimination? Is Sunak a British name? They are all British citizens. Please respect!:smile:

so what respect, exactly, would you like to see extended to this wannabe gangster piece of trash?  

An Idiot is caught with a gun and you are more concerned about a bit of "discrimination"  !!

10 hours ago, gravity101 said:

So much  xenophobia. I wonder if my beautiful Thai kids are described this way with Thais with their British surname? By your rationale, are they not Thai with a British surname?

Are they not British cause they look somewhat Asian?

When they go to Britain, will they be accepted by your ilk?

probably depends how they behave themselves with regards to carrying guns etc. 

11 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

They should put him behind bars (for 6+ months, say) then deport him. 

unfortunately it will probably not be possible to deport him from the UK.  Might be able to lock him up for a bit though, didn't the UK change their  laws to allow this a few years ago. I think the original intention was to catch pedo's

A quick internet search tells me that a blank gun is one that only fires blanks.  Why would anyone carry such a thing? 

For most people in most circumstances carrying a real gun in more likely to get them into trouble than get them out.  I can't see how a blank gun can do anything but get one into trouble and nothing else.

12 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

New to the list of most popular names for boys are: Ahmed, Mateo, Musa, Sam, Austin, Cody, Hamza, Frankie, Harvey, Felix, John, Eddie, Elias, Jake and Junior. New to the list of most popular names for girls are: Ayzal, Sarah, Lyra, Delilah, Hazel, Riley, Clara, Niamh, Ariella, Ophelia, Zahra, Athena, Cora and Amelie.Jul 11, 2023

Before I left Germany after spending more than 35 years there there was an inter-school competition throughout Germany to find who could speak the best German, the children had to read out loud a complicated text and then explain it to the audience to show they had understood it. The winner was a 14 year old Turkish girl with a, for Germans, unpronounceable name.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

so what respect, exactly, would you like to see extended to this wannabe gangster piece of trash?  

An Idiot is caught with a gun and you are more concerned about a bit of "discrimination"  !!

Sorry, I'm not into your gutter language👎

• Haha 1

This clown drops his gun in the middle of a nightclub, gets away, then comes back to be arrested.

We are not talking the sharpest tool in the shed (= stupid criminal) and was obviously going to end up in Prison. I am surprised that you can be that stupid, and survive in that world, until middle age. Darwin usually takes care of these guys. I hope he also suffers for all the ones he "got away" with.

IH

16 hours ago, Terry Juhlin said:

Having been a law enforcement officer for 30 years in the States, I know all too well you don’t carry or tuck a handgun in the small of your back an rely on your belt an trousers to keep the handgun secure. Many holster makers or manufacturers offer secure concealed inside your pants type of undercover or off duty holsters. Try running or even doing simple yet silly back flips without a handgun being secured in a holster. Unsecured handguns with or without an exposed hammer can easily be accidentally discharged by doing simple but stupid tricks. Individual departments or agencies provide policies regarding the carrying of concealed weapons both on duty and off duty. Violations of your department or agency’s policies and procedures could cost you your job or you being subject to disciplinary action or both not to mention the civil liabilities you’d face in regards to negligence…

Hand guns in the movies seem to sit under their belts in all sorts of acrobatic moves..

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, it´s not, but it is one of the countries in the world with most imported criminals based on per capita. The reason for why not most guns, is just that the idiots are to dumb to know how to use one.

"The reason for why not most guns,...." is that the UK has stricter gun controls - even the Police are not allowed to carry guns as a matter of course :-  

"In Northern Ireland, all police officers carry firearms whereas in the rest of the United Kingdom, firearms are carried only by specially-trained firearms officers."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, connda said:

Many years ago a friend of mine went from the UK to the US to visit the Mardi Gras. He was interrogated, denied entry and sent back to the UK on the next flight. The reason? He had a conviction in the UK for possession of a small amount of marijuana. Just saying! :smile:

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"The reason for why not most guns,...." is that the UK has stricter gun controls - even the Police are not allowed to carry guns as a matter of course :-  

"In Northern Ireland, all police officers carry firearms whereas in the rest of the United Kingdom, firearms are carried only by specially-trained firearms officers."

Yes, right. And that take down the volume of the illegal gun market in what way? It will boost the market instead.

10 hours ago, newbee2022 said:
13 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Sorry, I'm not into your gutter language👎

Exactly which part of the above do you consider to be "gutter language" ?    I think you may be a little oversensitive   Thailand might not suit you