Israel says it is carrying out ‘precise and targeted operation’ in Gaza’s Al-Shifa Hospital

CharlieH

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The US has also independently confirmed there is a Hamas command center under the hospital and at other hospitals, its not only the IDF

Where did the US get its information from?

The USA is supporting Israel.

Do you truly think that they would NOT accept everything that the Israeli government under Netanyahu or the IDF as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

quote "The US has also independently confirmed there is a Hamas command center under the hospital and at other hospitals, its not only the IDF".

Which organisation "independently confirmed" that nugget of information?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Do you truly think that they would NOT accept everything that the Israeli government under Netanyahu or the IDF as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

quote "The US has also independently confirmed there is a Hamas command center under the hospital and at other hospitals, its not only the IDF".

You ask them, not me, you said you wouldn't believe anything coming out of Israel or IDF well I gave you another source, I'm not going to debate how the US gathers its intelligence as I have no frigging clue....lol

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

"all's fair in love and war" and in the case of the Hamas terrorists attacking Israel, so let it be. Israel has every right to do what ever it takes to kill the vermin Hamas.

And even the right to kill innocent Palestinian men women and children and chalk them up as "collateral damage".

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We don't know what the israelis really plan for "after", so let's wait and see on that.

BTW, 6,000 bombs was weeks ago and they've dropped lots more than that since, but I haven't seen a published number.

@thaibeachlovers

Not knowing doesn't seem to stop your from specific speculations, allegations and so on. It's only when you're confronted with facts that you retreat to the 'we don't know' bunker.

You're digging yourself even deeper - if there are more bombs, but the casualty figures rise at about the same rate it just proves the point that things aren't what they claim them to be.

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Ok, let's dismiss the 14000 dead Palestinians, Israel will not be satisfied till every last Palestinian is dead, I think it's called genocide!

More hyperbole.

If Israel was intent on killing civilians, the death toll would be much higher, and there wouldn't be any options for evacuation, humanitarian pauses etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

How did Hamas even get into southern Israel, where were the IDF on the 7th Oct???

This was discussed on numerous posts by now. Plenty of articles, reports and so on.

If you're shooting for some conspiracy theory nonsense - good luck with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That of course applies only if you believe the truth and honesty provided by the IDF and the Israeli government.

IMHO, I don't believe anything that comes from that source and neither do I believe anything that comes from Hamas sources either.

I would far rather believe verified news from an independent source.

That is hard to find, as either one side or the other, is preventing independent news outlets from investigating any reports. I suspect that both sides have things that they would prefer not to be revealed.

@billd766

You claim you do not believe this side or the other, but keep posting Palestinian and Hamas talking points.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

@billd766

Apart from standard intelligence coverage the USA routinely have on Israel, there are now a whole lot more Naval assets in place, which would include intelligence platforms. The USA also runs drone sorties over the Gaza Strip.

Add to that the UK base in Cyprus, with it's rather impressive coverage, and countries sharing intel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You ask them, not me, you said you wouldn't believe anything coming out of Israel or IDF well I gave you another source, I'm not going to debate how the US gathers its intelligence as I have no frigging clue....lol

What source did you actually give me?

You even admit to not knowing how the US gathers its intelligence. Therefore IMO, how can I accept your word that it is correct?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, billd766 said:

What source did you actually give me?

You even admit to not knowing how the US gathers its intelligence. Therefore IMO, how can I accept your word that it is correct?

I gave you the US as source...........lol

Do you mean you want a link to my claim? If so.......................

Israel-Gaza war: US says Hamas has command centre under Al-Shifa hospital

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67414091

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Which part of 75 years of oppression don't YOU understand, Wobbly?

Vile oppression my giddy aunt, the Palestinians have had all the chances they could have been given, you have been sucked into the Hamas propaganda like a lot of the Free Palestine cult, because that's all it is, it is about hating Jews and not 'freeing Palestine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

How did Hamas even get into southern Israel, where were the IDF on the 7th Oct???

What's that got to do with anything, I'd wager the people that were getting butchered, raped and tortured weren't thinking 'mnnn I wonder how they got in' why do some posters have to go with conspiracy theories to justify this perverse act of butchery, you should be ashamed.

And as usual you have not answered one question put to you, all you do is embark on a journey of deflection!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I gave you the US as source...........lol

Do you mean you want a link to my claim? If so.......................

Israel-Gaza war: US says Hamas has command centre under Al-Shifa hospital

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67414091

Thank you for the link.

From what I have read 

The US says it has intelligence that Hamas has a command centre under Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City.

National Security spokesman John Kirby said the group stored arms there and were prepared for an Israeli attack.

So it seems as though the BBC were told by US National Security spokesman John Kirby that is what has happened.

Hamas has denied it as you would expect.

Nowhere in the report mentioned independent verification of that report.

So, IMO it is a second or third hand he said/they said report with no independent confirmation.

Either Hamas is lying or the IDF through the USA is lying.

This is one reason why I don't believe most things that come from any government sources  unless they are confirmed by a disinterested independent third party.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for the link.

From what I have read 

The US says it has intelligence that Hamas has a command centre under Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City.

National Security spokesman John Kirby said the group stored arms there and were prepared for an Israeli attack.

So it seems as though the BBC were told by US National Security spokesman John Kirby that is what has happened.

Hamas has denied it as you would expect.

Nowhere in the report mentioned independent verification of that report.

So, IMO it is a second or third hand he said/they said report with no independent confirmation.

Either Hamas is lying or the IDF through the USA is lying.

This is one reason why I don't believe most things that come from any government sources  unless they are confirmed by a disinterested independent third party.

No problem, you now have this collection of untrusted sources:

Israel

IDF

US

BBC

Noted, please keep that in mind for future debates

• Like 1

If you want evidence from an 'unbiased source' about Hamas' tunnels, how about Al Jazeera;

Some of these are serviced with oxygen tanks, water pipes and electricity lights. An exclusive video from Al Jazeera Arabic from 2021 shows concrete-reinforced corridors leading to an underground office with a functioning phone line and rooms storing weapons.

The system is believed to have a periphery, with shallower tunnels easier to destroy from the surface, and a core which is where the commando centres, weapons storages, missiles and, more recently, some of the about 240 Israeli captives taken by Hamas, are believed to be. Tunnels allow fighters to conduct surprise attacks and to move quickly across the strip without Israeli eyes being able to trace them.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/13/very-risky-israel-faces-months-long-campaign-against-hamas-gaza-tunnels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

What's that got to do with anything, I'd wager the people that were getting butchered, raped and tortured weren't thinking 'mnnn I wonder how they got in' why do some posters have to go with conspiracy theories to justify this perverse act of butchery, you should be ashamed.

And as usual you have not answered one question put to you, all you do is embark on a journey of deflection!

Answer one for me Wobbles, do you condone the deaths of 4000+ children? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If YOU were a Palestinian under illegal occupation and daily humiliation, would YOU accept it, or want to fight back any way YOU could?

I certainly wouldn't have done what they did on the 7th of October. Nor frankly, would any decent human being.

But well done for coming clean. Way back at the start of these threads, within 24 hours of the attacks, I recall suggesting that you were an apologist for terrorism, and barbaric slaughter. Good to know I called it right, good to know that you haven't changed your tune. We know exactly where you stand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorgal said:

This has been debunked in the other topic.

4 rusty machine guns as the CNN reporter says for 21 men...LOL

Send me a credible link to where it has been debunked, this means a credible source, not someone's dodgy opinion. Specifically debunking it.

• Like 1