Anyone Else Finding AseanNow Almost Unusable Recently❓

Skeptic7

For approximately the past week, whenever I click on a topic from the daily newsletter it nearly always malfunctions. There's myriad popup ads and other ads loading top & bottom. The page bogs down and fails to load...or even when it does occasionally load, soon as I push on a reply or an emoji, another full page popup which needs to be x off. Then this happens repeatedly. Many times it totally crashes Google Chrome and it shuts down. Happens on both my Android devices. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, you have to reload the page to be able to click links on the right side...they won't open on first load of the page on firefox macOS anyway....

Nor on Chrome or Brave. Been like that for weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Browser dependent then good to know...they should fix that glitch soon I guess.

No, it is NOT browser dependant. Same problem on Firefox for you, Chrome, Edge & Brave for me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I started a topic on this yesterday, every time I click to change topic I get a full page blurry photo from one of the ads, click on the “X “ to remove.

My topic on the support forum was replied to by george then promptly closed !

How does that help me or anyone else for that matter ?.

TOTALLY agree. The ads are way out of control and more invasive and boggy than ever, which should mean revenue, yet the site continues to deteriorate with each and every passing month. Does no good for anyone to sweep this under the rug and not address the problem. 

On 11/15/2023 at 1:21 PM, Skeptic7 said:

For approximately the past week, whenever I click on a topic from the daily newsletter it nearly always malfunctions.

I haven’t been able to click on anything for the last week, the entire site malfunctioned 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well it's back but still slower than ever and plagued with popup ads from every direction. With the bombardment of constant of advertising, would think the site would have plenty of funding to run smoothly. Worked much better a decade ago. :coffee1:

• Like 1

Dreadful experience trying to view any topic right now. Click one and it takes at least 20 seconds to start loading. Way too many ads and pop-ups appearing. I appreciate the website is a free resource but there is a limit to the number of totally irrelevant ads I will put up with appearing on my screen. Can't fathom why the user experience has declined by so much over the years. It's coming to the point where I'll probably sign in once or twice a year to catch up on any Immigration changes come extension time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, doctormann said:

Nice to see the forum back up and running.

A couple of things need attention, when you have the time:

1.  The return to top of page arrow has gone missing again.

2.  No option to delete notifications.

I mentioned that but no reply 

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

I ended up on some page needing to sign-up to Invision Power for $39/month

Was this site hacked or something similar ?

I got the same thing using Google Chrome initial;ly, on closer inspection it was at site www.aseannow.com whereas correct site is https://aseannow.com

Try correcting the URL

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I got the same thing using Google Chrome initial;ly, on closer inspection it was at site www.aseannow.com whereas correct site is https://aseannow.com

Try correcting the URL

yes,  so stupid me thought that this was the new AN site,  so I try to access the trial period 1 month, but nothing worked, no access, no log-in acceptance ... nothing so I closed it off.....   hahaha   .... glad I did.

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Still torturously slow. It's mind-bogglingly unacceptable and totally do not understand what is so difficult We've all derided Thais and Thailand for myriad inabilities (especially IT) and deservedly so...but this eclipses even Thai tech ineptitude. Webpages in the 90s worked better and faster🤣

Agreed. In a race also involving a snail and a tortoise the Asean Now website would definitely cross the finishing line in last place at the moment!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Still torturously slow. It's mind-bogglingly unacceptable and totally do not understand what is so difficult We've all derided Thais and Thailand for myriad inabilities (especially IT) and deservedly so...but this eclipses even Thai tech ineptitude. Webpages in the 90s worked better and faster🤣

Yes very slow, i thought the upgrade was meant to fix that 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes very slow, i thought the upgrade was meant to fix that 

Yea, very slow here also.

But the way I understand it, there was a cyber attack at one of the servers where the forum was hosted, and they had to move it to a different server. As such they are experiencing moving issues that I am sure they are working very hard to resolve. I am sure it will be Ok in the next few days.

Otherwise I am asking for my money back:laugh:

• Haha 1