Verify correct change at stores

EVENKEEL

Same. If I don't catch it and it's a small amount, just tell myself that I will pay closer attention next time. Although, you will find often that when you return, they will immediately just hand you the money they have to the side with no argument if they did it intentionally. I have also pointed out and returned money more than a few times when too much change was given back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Same. If I don't catch it and it's a small amount, just tell myself that I will pay closer attention next time. Although, you will find often that when you return, they will immediately just hand you the money they have to the side with no argument if they did it intentionally. I have also pointed out and returned money more than a few times when too much change was given back.

I've caught the overpayment at a few small shops nearby and have them recount my change. Once at a 7-11 I recounted change outside and was 100 thb short, my daughter was so, so mad that I wouldn't go back inside and say something.

But, I've been on the other end before where I'm running the window and have a customer come back and say they gave a 20 dollar bill and not a 10. You can't do that and expect cooperation.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MartinL said:

A couple of days ago, I took my change without checking - thinking about something else - and was walking out of the shop. As I got to the door, the girl from the till caught up with me and said 'Sorry, I got your change wrong - here's the 100 ฿ I short-changed you'.

Mr. DIY in my local Lotus's. 

That's almost as good as a Tourists-Impressed-By-Honest-Taxi-Driver story.

But yes, had more than one similar experiences. Not everyone is dishonest, not everyone out to get my money, no mileage in thinking that way all the time.

The Mrs. always checks, what with her poor-family background. Me? Not so much, and never at restaurants/shops where we're regulars.

I find that not worry about small change is better for my stress and anxiety.

Not saying it's wrong to do so.  My nature is to very much to worry about money.  I am always on the lookout for sales.  But the older I get, the less inclined I am to worry about it, too much.

But yes, I think it has to happen in the moment, if it's going to happen at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Although, you will find often that when you return, they will immediately just hand you the money they have to the side with no argument if they did it intentionally.

Happened exactly like that with me once in a 7/11. Got 100 baht short, noticed it straight away, and the scammer just picked up the 100 baht note he had placed in front of the cash register