Chinese beggars taking advantage of visa exemption to operate in Thailand

webfact

10,000 baht per day for 6 hours of begging?  Make it believable.  Thaksin and his family would be out there dancing the jig and washing windshields for that kind of cash.  

Is begging prohibited on a retirement extension? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

10,000 baht per day for 6 hours of begging?  Make it believable.  Thaksin and his family would be out there dancing the jig and washing windshields for that kind of cash.  

Indeed...   if these amounts were anywhere close the realistic there would be no more taxi drivers or TEFL'ers left.. 

• Like 1

So they arrested and punished disfigured people who are victims of human trafficking gangs? I guess they want to get back on the Trafficking in Persons watchlist, as the last TIP Report noted specifically that

"government officials did not identify the majority as trafficking victims, placed foreign victims in immigration detention centers, and arrested victims, including Thai citizens, for unlawful acts committed as a direct result of being trafficked in these illicit operations"

- exactly what they're doing here, yet again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

I would want a lot more than that to have scolding water thrown over my face and to have my hands chopped off?

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I would want a lot more than that to have scolding water thrown over my face and to have my hands chopped off?

I'm fine with scolding water, but scalding water and amputations are a bridge too far. 

Your reply shows that I need to read the entire story before commenting. 

8 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

More like 100 baht. 10,000 what BS

• Like 1