The west is so boring

bignok

Just now, sungod said:

and countless other boring threads you have started with the forum back for only a few hours.

Give them a call, I think you will have someone to talk to.

Countless? You can't count past 3? Go back to school

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bignok said:

I like the walking. Flirt with women. Eat food. Cheap coffee.

West charges $5 a coffee. No women to joke with outside moles in a pub.

$3 curry.

The west is cleaner by far but stale.

Occasionally visiting Thailand to escape boredom?

15 hours ago, bignok said:

I like the walking. Flirt with women. Eat food. Cheap coffee.

West charges $5 a coffee. No women to joke with outside moles in a pub.

$3 curry.

The west is cleaner by far but stale.

Coffee sucks          never thought I would miss WAWA   think i will make a new post   " further casual observations about Thailand "  it will bring out the experts ,les miserables and some civil posts.

Edited by charleskerins
add
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I lived in LOS and was never bored.

I live in the west and would be bored most of the time if I didn't have internet.

Also, the west sucks biggly- too many regulations, too many horrible people, haven't seen a feminine woman since I returned, and forget anything resembling nightlife.

Pubs are boring. Watch sport or play pokies. 

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, sungod said:

and countless other boring threads you have started with the forum back for only a few hours.

Give them a call, I think you will have someone to talk to.

He wont do that Sungod once they reply to him he will put them on his ignore list.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I'm always intrigued by those seem to think you have to love Thailand, hate Home Country or vice versa.

I think there is a sizable sub section of this forum, who are older, and if their primary goal is cheap sex with women young enough to be their daughters, yep the West is darn boring, and can't stop telling you that

Then there are the ones who will trash Thailand at every opportunity, and I'm sure a large proportion of those got burned in some way of another, or through bad decisions are just stuck with no way out.

Both those groups are zealots, and argument is futile!

Then there are another group of us somewhere in the middle. Happily married, kids, wife similar age, who see the advantages and disadvantages of both.

I got bored of Thailand, but there are times I get bored in the US. 

We now live close to our kids and grandkids in the US, which is a joy, but we equally enjoy our snowbird trips to our house in Thailand. 

If you embrace what you like, and dislike in both cultures and lifestyles, for the non zealot you can enjoy both, warts and all!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, still kicking said:

Ilive in the west and I am not bored at all I was bored in Thailand 

Hmm.  Not 'bored at all' living in the west but, apparently, nothing to do there but post on a Thailand forum.  Another potential member for the Can't Quit Thailand Club.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, timendres said:

Visited a friend back in the US. He had what we call a "McMansion". Over spec-ed, overbuilt, semi-gaudy, gigantic house sitting on 20 acres of property. Across the paved street were a dozen more identical McMansions, albeit on smaller, perfectly manicured, lots. We were sitting on his porch, looking over the houses, and discussing how literally everything he might want to do was a drive of at least 30 minutes. Nothing within walking distance. He then commented, "Isn't this incredible?" I gave him the answer he wanted to hear, "Yeah, it really is." -- Boring AF all. I could not leave soon enough.

But. The truth is. He was genuinely very happy.

Yes good for sitting. I like walking. Thailand is more fun.

• Thumbs Up 1