You-tube Premium or death?

Toolong

Help needed. I seek information & advice regarding using 'You-tube Premium. 

If I have ro listen to 5 seconds of the 'Shopee!' commercial one more time, I may lose control over my actions, resulting in calamitous tragedy.....potentially. 😉

So I beg those who know: How much is it? And is it worth it?

And....importantly.......if it's reasonably priced (let's say, under 400 baht per month) and worth it, how do I sign up to it, without a credit card or any kind of online payment set-up? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Toolong said:

Right. Low cost and my phone package is with AIS. I'll be down there tomorrow. 

Thank you. 👍🏻🙏🙏🙏🙏

Oh, by the way, is it a genuine NO-commercial thing? 

Or...will I still sometimes hear that 'shopee' horror, but just less often?

I ask, because I would prefer NO commercials like that ever again! 🙂

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toolong said:

Oh, by the way, is it a genuine NO-commercial thing? 

Or...will I still sometimes hear that 'shopee' horror, but just less often?

I ask, because I would prefer NO commercials like that ever again! 🙂

I don't see any adverts. I don't know how anyone can tolerate the adverts, especially when they interrupt videos/songs. 

• Agree 1

Thank you. 👍🏻🙏🙏🙏🙏

That was the information you were asking for.

But Morch gave you the free solution.

It works.  Took 30 seconds to locate and install the uBlock extension for Firefox.  Works perfectly once other adblockers are disabled on the Youtube page.

• Agree 1

since i use  uBlock Origin  with my firefox browser i don´t see ads  anymore.

for my phone (android) i use newpipe, it is basicly a youtube client just without the ads.. you can downlaod all video and audio files very easy plus the app is running in the background, so you can open other apps and still listen to audio or video...

Edited by hadock
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you. 👍🏻🙏🙏🙏🙏

You don’t need to go anywhere. You can apply immediately.  You just make sure you have enough credit each month. First month is free with the next three months for 139 baht per month. Then 159 baht. If you don’t use it for music, there’s an option for 89 baht. 
https://www.ais.th/en/consumers/package/exclusive-plan/youtube-premium

I became a Premium member a few months ago and have not regretted it. All adds are removed with the exception of those inserted by YouTubers themselves into their videos. It's easy to fast forward through these to avoid the ubiquitous adds for the green gunk they all seem to have for breakfast.

For details on plans, costs, payments, etc. I simply clicked on the "Premium" item in YouTube's index. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

But there is the problem that more and more YouTubers include advertisement videos within their videos. There is no skip button.

The good news is that one can forward to the place after the advertisement, but sometimes, especially with long videos, that is difficult.

Summary: If you don't want to see ads then you have to click here or there. You can't completely avoid them. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, theblether said:

I don't see any adverts. I don't know how anyone can tolerate the adverts, especially when they interrupt videos/songs. 

Well, I guess if you don't see 'em, I shouldn't either.....hopefully. 😉🙏

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

That was the information you were asking for.

But Morch gave you the free solution.

It works.  Took 30 seconds to locate and install the uBlock extension for Firefox.  Works perfectly once other adblockers are disabled on the Youtube page.

So ublock's free? That's good to know. 👍🏻 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I became a Premium member a few months ago and have not regretted it. All adds are removed with the exception of those inserted by YouTubers themselves into their videos. It's easy to fast forward through these to avoid the ubiquitous adds for the green gunk they all seem to have for breakfast.

For details on plans, costs, payments, etc. I simply clicked on the "Premium" item in YouTube's index. 

May I ask....how many different devices can you use it on? I have 2 android phones (one is without sim card) and two tv's (one's in another location. 🤔

May I ask....how many different devices can you use it on? I have 2 android phones (one is without sim card) and two tv's (one's in another location. 🤔

You are obviously asking ‘awkward’ questions ☺️ You might have issues with applying an adblocker to your TVs. 
Personally, I don’t like the idea of being signed in and tracked. But if Premium at the equivalent of US$50 per annum is acceptable to you( @lopburi3 ) then why not?

1 hour ago, sipi said:

I have used YouTube premium for years and wouldn't be without it.

Purely for the ability to download videos over wifi and watch them later in my own time.

Yes, sounds good. I wish I'd looked into this much sooner. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Another option for payment is yearly CC, without automatic billing, of 1,590 baht.

As said the music is worth the extra cost for many people.  For others downloads are an attractive option.

Interesting option. Will look into that. 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are obviously asking ‘awkward’ questions ☺️ You might have issues with applying an adblocker to your TVs. 
Personally, I don’t like the idea of being signed in and tracked. But if Premium at the equivalent of US$50 per annum is acceptable to you( @lopburi3 ) then why not?

Actually I meant with Premium, on different devices not ublock. I should have been clearer about that, sorry.