Foreign duo sparks backlash for road trip cannabis cruise in Bangkok

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Two foreign men faced criticism from Thai netizens after a video of them smoking cannabis on a motorcycle on a road in the Sukhumvit neighbourhood of Bangkok went viral on social media.

Idiots on tour.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Probably they will track and make an example of this duo 

Question. We see countless checkpoints but has  one ever witnessed 

RT police actively take some effort and pull a vehicle over

for an act of reckless driving or other violation?

Haha, I have seen many times highway police being passed quickly by vehicles that were speeding and the only time I see them on the side of the road is when they stop a trucker. 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

If the story was about Thai's riding while high on drugs with no helmets, the whole anti Thai brigade on here would be tearing them down 10 times over.

But when a foreigner does it , no problem. Foreigners  do no wrong in Thailand. Pathetic

Hilarious. 

It wouldn't be a "news" story at all if it was Thais.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

If the story was about Thai's riding while high on drugs with no helmets, the whole anti Thai brigade on here would be tearing them down 10 times over.

But when a foreigner does it , no problem. Foreigners  do no wrong in Thailand. Pathetic

Anyone on this thread mentioned 'no problem' ???....  or are you using a certain degree of 'Thai apologist' bias to attack this 'Thai Bashing' you have someone how imagined ?????

As far as the topic is concerned: this behavior is idiotic and dangerous. 

The use of a 'bong' most certainly suggest marijuana use...   this is as abhorrent as drink driving and I hope the Police find these idiots and deal with them appropriately - particularly the rider for riding under the influence...

.... But 'under the influence' is actually difficult to prove unless they can catch them in time and test them - which I doubt they did...

It can only be proven that they were riding without a helmet - so I hope at least they are charged with that (and anyone else not wearing a helmet, foreign or Thai).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:
On 11/27/2023 at 2:52 PM, Jingthing said:

Get a life, netizens.

You might think differently if they were to hit you or a loved one.  Smoking weed whilst driving is much the same as drinking and driving - you think you're in control but the reality is that you are far from it.

Exactly...    

While JT is suggesting 'get a life netizens'.... those who behave in the manner he seems to condone and support are taking lives... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly...    

While JT is suggesting 'get a life netizens'.... those who behave in the manner he seems to condone and support are taking lives... 

Do you believe they are his true thoughts though Richard?  I've started to take a different view of this site since reading George's comments on moderation just before the site went offline.

I'm wondering if some of the posts and indeed some posters are simply 'planted' with the aim of obtaining more clicks. More clicks = a more appealing prospect to advertisers.

Contraversial comments and posts almost always draw the most comments but I think that far more people view and never post - again greatly assisting the 'click' ratio.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I'm wondering if some of the posts and indeed some posters are simply 'planted' with the aim of obtaining more clicks. More clicks = a more appealing prospect to advertisers.

nahh, some of us are just aholes and like to stir the doodoo

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

this is quite clear when you look at most american political threads. especially the don don ones. same crew with the same basic rhetoric and talking points. 

i like to call them the avengers. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hilarious. 

It wouldn't be a "news" story at all if it was Thais.

indeed. where's the netizens outrage at people carrying small children or babies on motorcycles, or teenagers riding recklessly, or people not wearing helmets? not specifying nationality here as foreigners are often as much at fault as locals

• Thumbs Up 1