Colonoscopy and Endoscopy done by university professors for 10,000 THB? Yes, it exists

LoveLanna

15 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Good information but it really doesn't save any money unless you are actually in Vietnam.

For example if you are in Bangkok....transport to airport..return air ticket to HCMC...taxi to Hotel...Hotel room a few nights...taxis to hospital/hospital costs for all test/procedures...food/misc costs in HCMC....taxi back to airport/taxi from SUV to your home.  probably some other misc costs also.

So it is going to cost way more than getting a taxi to your local Thai hospital and have the procedure done here. Plus there are always promotions for these type of procedures, which brings the cost down considerably.

All that also assumes there are no complications.

16 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

<snip>

Can't beat the price, though.

My wife had a six week stay in a government hospital in Nakhon Sawan. Among other things, she had an endoscopy performed, during the third week. Total cost would have been ฿30 (for the whole six weeks), but in the fourth week a private room became available for ฿100 a day. You can beat the price if you're a Thai.

Thank you for the information.  Depending how an individual plans to travel there it could be costly. If the person is on a very limited budget.  In certain situations it might be more feasible to go to a government hospital in Thailand.  But you gave a good option though. 
Personally I feel that people should have health insurance.  It might be costly for some.  But if you need medical care, routine testing, etc. Then you a basically have to shop around to see what you can afford.  Or jump around to different countries for affordable care. Which can possibly jeopardize a medical issue.  

I had cancer of the bladder.  First sign was bloody urine.  Local hospital did ultrasound and reckoned stones.  Referred to Kalasin Govt. hospital.  Endoscopy discovered cancer growth not stones witch was removed.  I have been having endoscopy check ups every three months for 2 years then 6 monthly now.  Each time it has cost me 2,000 baht and done by a qualified English speaking Thai doctor.  

I have used both private and public hospitals during my 20+ years in Thailand.  The first 10 years my employee provided health insurance at private hospital.  After I retired I have been using public hospitals for 10 years.  I prefer the government hospitals, a lot less bull<deleted> involved.

So there it is,  2,000 baht, Kalasin Government Hospital.,  I have receipt if you have any questions.  I cant say about colonoscopy.