Immigration queues Jomtien

Hi just a couple of quick questions....I have to renew my year extension or retirement visa as i call it in January 2024....last year the queues at Jomtien immigration were horrendous....

I just wondered: 

1. Are the queues still the same? (if so which is best sort of time to go down there)

2.And as there been any separation into different queues or sections for different visa needs example: 1 year extensions, re-entry visas, tourist extensions, 90 day reports etc to speed up the process?

many thanks in advance (p.s looked for a recent thread on this topic but couldn't find one)

Except for 90 day reports, all applicants have to go to info (check-in) desk queue at the front left building. They will then give you a ticket to go into main building (you may have to wait in info building for awhile first). 

I was there on Monday at 0930 and queue was quite long but moved quickly. It took about 20 minutes to get to check-in desk

Good news is that there is plenty of waiting room seats and all air-con compared to when you went a year ago

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Except for 90 day reports, all applicants have to go to info (check-in) desk queue at the front left building. They will then give you a ticket to go into main building (you may have to wait in info building for awhile first). 

I was there on Monday at 0930 and queue was quite long but moved quickly. It took about 20 minutes to get to check-in desk

Good news is that there is plenty of waiting room seats and all air-con compared to when you went a year ago

Do they still have the free "CBI" water bottles? I was last there in September and thought it was a nice touch.

Best to avoid immigration if at all possible in high season, even if that means changing the date on your visa.

I'm not sure about Jomtien specifically but I have found over the last 10 to 15 years that going in the summer is always less busy.

I know that is a hard change to make if you're on a yearly visa extension so unless you really go the extra mile and leave the country without a re-entry permit in say June and then go through the application process again at that time it won't be possible and you're stuck with it.

Send an agent if possible.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twozeds said:

I just wondered: 

1. Are the queues still the same? (if so which is best sort of time to go down there)

2.And as there been any separation into different queues or sections for different visa needs example: 1 year extensions, re-entry visas, tourist extensions, 90 day reports etc to speed up the process?

1. Waiting time in the queue depends on your luck. Last week  I was there twice, waited 25 minutes the first visit but only 2 minutes the second visit.

2. For 90 days report go straight to the right building. For TM30 and Residency Cert, goto left building to get a number before going to the right building. All others goto the main building after taking the number.

1 hour ago, tilac01 said:

I extended my retirement visa last week at Jomtien. I got there about 1:30 pm, took five minutes to obtain a number at the check in counter and saw the immigration officer almost immediately.

Yes, that's great for November, try visiting in January for an extension when it's full on high season.

It's going to be a little different.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I have twice tried the appointment system at Jomtien, but even with a confirmed appointment, the staff just brushed it off. Is it in actual use now?

I used it in March when I extended my permission based on retirement.

Showed the email confirmation I received at the door and was let in straight away, passing the whole queue

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I love that at my local immigration office there are rarely any queues. The most I've seen there is about 10 people, and when I went to do my 90 day last week there was no-one waiting at all.

Where's that and how is it relevant to this thread? Can people who need to do business at Jomtien just rock up at your local immigration office instead?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Where's that and how is it relevant to this thread? Can people who need to do business at Jomtien just rock up at your local immigration office instead?

It's Kalasin, and its relevance is that, by comparison, I'm lucky not to have to attend those offices which are overcrowded and need an appointment. As for your second question, no they can't as they must attend their local office. I hope that is clear for you now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, vangrop said:

Use an agent. I just did a 30 day extension on 7 December with an agent. We only went to Jomtien for photos no queuing (to prove that I had been there).  I left home at 15.00 pm and was back home at 16.30 all with transportation provided by the agent. I saw still hundreds of people queuing at that thour.

Agreed.  I haven't been near immigration in 4 years.  Agent for extension, online for 90 day reports. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2