Thaksin’s Medical Expenses At Police Hospital Entirely Covered By Taxpayers’ Money

webfact

9 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

In Canada, prisoners who need medical operations and attention, also do not pay for it. How is this a news story?

Think about it.

If Tradeau were in the same position as Thaksin, the newspapers would be all over it, as they should. The same holds true for any country. It's about people with money and power "abusing" using the system. 

Just now, curlylekan said:

If Tradeau were in the same position as Thaksin, the newspapers would be all over it, as they should. The same holds true for any country. It's about people with money and power "abusing" using the system. 

And how is Thaksin abusing the system... the system that is holding him incarcerated in a military hospital..

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, geisha said:

An “ informed source”. Plenty of those around isn’t there. I’m quite sure Mr Thaksin would no nothing that would put him badly in the limelight. 
Yes, covered by his previous position in the Police and government might possibly be a life long advantage.  
It wasn’t greed that brought him billions and made him one of the richest in Thailand Before entering politics!! It was his own personal businesses.

So then he didn't enrich himself while PM like all the other PMs do? What legitimate, pre-prime minster businesses did he operate to make billions (after paying taxes)?

So what is the government always crying about all those dirty farang who drew the Thai healthcare business financially into the abyss?

I - for one - paid my dues into the Social Security Insurance of Thailand - according to the law. Interesting enough is the fact, that when collecting the pay out due to retirement, my birth year on their file was making me ten years old than I actually am. In addition, all contributions from 1985 to 2000 were not traceable anymore. A legal pathfinding might have resulted in clarity but the legal expenses would have been in no comparison to the amount in question.

So, I assume, that Dr Thaksin either heals his problems partly on my financial input ....... or was smart enough to get his contributions, if any, out in time! 

45 minutes ago, neeray said:

So then he didn't enrich himself while PM like all the other PMs do? What legitimate, pre-prime minster businesses did he operate to make billions (after paying taxes)?

that the billions that was sized and never returned ?

• Confused 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:05 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

ALL EXPENSES ON MEDICAL treatments of “sickly” de facto Pheu Thai boss/convict at large Thaksin Shinawatra at Police Hospital are being entirely covered by the taxpayers’ money and not his, according to an informed source.

Thaksin, who has been admitted for undisclosed “illnesses” at Police Hospital since Aug.22, marking the 100th day tomorrow (Nov.30), is not paying a single baht out of his pocket for all medical expenses which have so far incurred whilst the Corrections Department attached to the Ministry of Justice is allegedly spending millions of baht in the taxpayers’ money on those expenses at Police Hospital for the VIP patient who is ironically known to have tens of billions of baht in cash and property, the informed source said.

The “sickly” Pheu Thai boss/convict at large remains in custody of the department, the chief of which has earlier officially endorsed his stay beyond a 60-day period at the hospital where security measures have been specifically tightened.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP De facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinwatra with the Police Hospital in the background. Photo: Matichon

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-11-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Fish soup will be a few weeks old instead of just a week old to cover the cost of this.

15 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

And this is a guy who paid no tax on selling his telecoms company to Singapore. Another "poor" dollar multi millonaire who can't pay his medical bills. He should be on his own 40 baht system, but you don't get a suite on that.

Who said he could not pay ?

The 30b co-payment scheme was scrapped 10-15rs ago, it switched to 100% government funded.

Just now, Sydebolle said:

I am retired and hence no more contributions 

You could have though.. I think it is like Bt450 a month contribution to keep your social security coverage but needs to be sorted within 6 months of leaving the last employer.

On 11/30/2023 at 1:55 PM, The Theory said:

Farang tax scenario definitely was written by him. 

It the other way round. When he was PM he told immigration and labor to leave westerners alone as they spent their money in Thailand, not sending it home like others from Asian countries. I never had a problem extending my non-B visa. Only after he was removed by force did it become near impossible to get an extension to your non B visa, student visa, non O visa with-out at least 3 or 4 visits to immigration. I went 3 times with the same paperwork, refused 3 times on the fourth time went with the exact same paperwork as before and got the 1-year extension. By the way the military government proposed the tax on foreigners.NO TAX PENSIONS.

On 11/30/2023 at 4:58 AM, chrisbangkok said:

Oh that's good , I did worry he might not have health insurance what with being away so long 🤔

I thought that was perhaps why they had not discharged him... hadn't paid his bill yet. Apparently not.