Hua Hin Train Station listed by the BBC as one of the world’s most remarkable railway stations

webfact

The station and the king's carriage house are indeed rather quaint.  What the above photo doesn't show is the brand new station

located across the lower tracks and which supposedly will be operational in a week.  I don't quite understand why the new station

is so huge.......

HuaHinTrain02.jpg

32 minutes ago, CMBob said:

The station and the king's carriage house are indeed rather quaint.  What the above photo doesn't show is the brand new station

located across the lower tracks and which supposedly will be operational in a week.  I don't quite understand why the new station

is so huge.......

HuaHinTrain02.jpg

And how do disabled persons access this new marvel of construction? let me guess they didn't even think about putting that in the planning.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

And how do disabled persons access this new marvel of construction? let me guess they didn't even think about putting that in the planning.

Was told there will be a small building on the old train station side which will provide an underground passage to the new station (or, hopefully, to

an elevator and/or escalator to scale the height).  I was sent a depiction of it (attached) but it makes no sense to me as the street that's depicted there

doesn't currently exist in that configuration.

HuaHinTrainStationPlan02.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Was told there will be a small building on the old train station side which will provide an underground passage to the new station (or, hopefully, to

an elevator and/or escalator to scale the height).  I was sent a depiction of it (attached) but it makes no sense to me as the street that's depicted there

God that is ugly...looks like a red splashed Bkk elevated station....garish.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

That looks like an escalator to me, should be fun in a wheelchair and how do you cross that road lol, or is this just an artists impression? as everybody is driving at a safe distance. :giggle:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thailand does not have disabled persons did you not know? How on earth does a disabled Person cross any major road? They have some pedestrians walk over bridges on major roads but nothing for disabled persons. I am a sort of disabled, have had 2 broken ankles and I am afraid to walk up steps or down I don't even take an escalator in a shopping centre. Had a bad experience a few weeks back in KL on a short stopover to BKK. No time for changing planes and no lift in sight, yes there was but only if you knew. So, I guess disabled people are very much neglected in Asian countries.

I think the OP was about the old station. But the new one looks rather good to me, matches the old one in style. Don't know what you'll are moaning about. I agree on the disable access though. How long did it take them to put the lifts on the BTS in BKK?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMBob said:

is so huge.......

HuaHinTrain02.jpg

It's for the new high speed Chinese trains, railway of the future!

They have become bored with adding more high speed rail to the 40,000 kilometers of their own, and now start the global spread!

We only have 107 kilometers HS1 in the UK,

Not much for the BBC to report on!

😁😁😁

On 11/30/2023 at 6:55 AM, CMBob said:

is so huge.......

HuaHinTrain02.jpg

There are several new stations just like this one on the way down south,...they are all far to big for the towns/villages they are at. Somebody had to make a huge amount of money on this,... TIT

On 11/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, CMBob said:

Not everything has to make sense in Thailand,..TIT

Thai Amazing Thailand.jpg

On 11/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, CMBob said:

is so huge.......

HuaHinTrain02.jpg

From an old Hua Hin Today newspaper I recently discovered, note the date.

BTW, the quaint building by the old station reserved for the Monarch has fallen into disrepair. From the faded paintwork to the rotting timbers It seems to have been left unloved.