How To Increase IQ in Thailand from 89... to HK Level, 107? Any Ideas?

GammaGlobulin

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I will die with my Thai GF at my side. If I am in a hospital, she will be sleeping on the floor next to my bed.

This I know, because it has been demonstrated previously.

Yes,.

We know.

She worships the light that shines from your adze.

You have stated so in past comments.

I feel sorry for her, actually.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Have you ever even been to an ocean?  I worked on a boat for 25 years and the sea level isn't rising.  Do you think wealthy people would be buying oceanfront properties if they were about to get washed away? 

Pry your lips off of Al Gore's mouth and have a look around! 

Yes. Wealthy people buy expensive waterfront property because they believe they can flip them, and get a decent ROI.

But, such things will not happen in the near future.

• Haha 1

An average IQ is 85-115. The scale is adjusted to ensure that's the range. Anything within it is average. In terms of being able to do a regular job, there will be no discernable difference between someone with an IQ of 89 or 107. The tests are not that precise. You are reading far too much into them.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes,.

We know.

She worships the light that shines from your adze.

You have stated so in past comments.

I feel sorry for her, actually.

I feel sorry for a person for whom nasty posts are normal behavior. I have no doubt you will die alone, and unloved.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I will die with my Thai GF at my side. If I am in a hospital, she will be sleeping on the floor next to my bed.

This I know, because it has been demonstrated previously.

Don't be so mean. Use a private hospital where she can sleep on the couch like I did when my wife was in hospital.

Anyway, unless you are a proponent of suttee, you are the only one to be experiencing death.

On 12/1/2023 at 5:29 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

IQ is important.

How can we increase the average IQ in Thailand, 89, up to 107, like HK?

This is SUPER IMPROTANT.

IQ is IMO of no importance at all, not even a little bit. The human world survives quite nicely without most even knowing what their is.

Anyway, you have it wrong, IMO. The Thais are far better off than Hong Kong Chinese, which means that higher IQ is an indicator of a worse life, not a better one.

Thai Beach Lover seems to think you can increase IQ through social engineering. IQ can be stimulated to some degree, but not much. This is where I (and many scientists) get accused of racism. To survive in Northern Europe you do need a certain amount of intelligence to survive the winters, planning ahead etc. Here, food is available all year round so even the less fit tend to survive.

• Like 1

IQ in a single person is given through the gene pool given at birth and can not really be increased. What CAN be increased is knowledge through education (which some people mistake for IQ), but unfortunately, good education is a spare good in Thailand.

That said... the overall IQ level in Thailand could be increased by getting rid (deportation or other measures) of all the foreign drunks sitting in bars from opening time to closing... some of which have also found their way onto AseanNow pub and frequently open posts...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't be so mean. Use a private hospital where she can sleep on the couch like I did when my wife was in hospital.

Anyway, unless you are a proponent of suttee, you are the only one to be experiencing death.

Thousands of Thais sleep on the floor next to their loved ones in public hospitals, it's part of the culture.

Let's say I follow your suggestion, and die in a private hospital instead. In doing so, I run up a bill of 300,000 baht.

That is 300,000 baht less she will receive, in what I have willed to her. Need I say more?

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 1:02 AM, Bday Prang said:

You must be bored ,   why would anybody  care about the average Thai IQ  ?   If you want HK IQ  then go to HK    (better for all of us)

The low Thai IQ affects all of us who live here at some time or another. Trying to reason with a Thai is like banging your head against a wall. Low IQ = no common sense.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

The low Thai IQ affects all of us who live here at some time or another. Trying to reason with a Thai is like banging your head against a wall. Low IQ = no common sense.

I have found taking the line of least resistance is more effective.

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

IQ in a single person is given through the gene pool given at birth and can not really be increased. What CAN be increased is knowledge through education (which some people mistake for IQ), but unfortunately, good education is a spare good in Thailand.

Only eugenic breeding can raise general IQ. I know some high IQ Thai people but they have the fewest number of kids. Meanwhile the low IQ Thai have the most kids. 

In the US and Europe we have social programs that fund dysgenic breeding so expect IQ to continue to fall in those countries.

The West also has dysgenic government so the person with the lowest IQ and the highest IQ both have the same voting power. Full franchise democracy like in the US is highly dysgenic. At least Thailand doesn't give their low IQ citizens too much voting power or things would get much worse, probably full blown communism.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There is no way to improve the Thai IQ level without totally revamping the education system to allow Thais to ask questions and debate things without the fear of pupils or teachers losing face. And there is zero evidence of that happening.

Thai people in general don't know how to have a civil debate or handle being questioned. I guess this starts with the family but school is probably holding them back too. If you can't debate the merits of any given topic then no progress will be made.

4 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Thai people in general don't know how to have a civil debate or handle being questioned. I guess this starts with the family but school is probably holding them back too. If you can't debate the merits of any given topic then no progress will be made.

And Western posters on AN do? I don't think so! TBH there's not much difference.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IQ is IMO of no importance at all, not even a little bit. The human world survives quite nicely without most even knowing what their is.

Have you seen how IQ tests equate to profession? Average IQ in Thailand is the same as a janitor in the US. You can't take your average janitor and pay for their education at Harvard and expect them to succeed. No amount of money or education and fix this. There are hard physical limits we're dealing with here.

IQ is just a proxy for other things and even if the tests are not 100% accurate the concept is still sound.

12 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

And Western posters on AN do? I don't think so! TBH there's not much difference.

That's crazy we constantly debate here, for example right now. Maybe some bad behavior but we're still doing it. Thai people tend to shut down when you say anything which contradicts the narrative they've been told (like women!). They're very good at not stepping out of line but of this is boring and leads to stagnation in the culture.

11 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Have you seen how IQ tests equate to profession? Average IQ in Thailand is the same as a janitor in the US. You can't take your average janitor and pay for their education at Harvard and expect them to succeed. No amount of money or education and fix this. There are hard physical limits we're dealing with here.

IQ is just a proxy for other things and even if the tests are not 100% accurate the concept is still sound.

IQ can be fairly useless unless EQ is there as well. Many successful people have both.

OTOH, there are some people with stratospheric IQ's who are absolutely miserable.

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Have you done one?

8 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

That's crazy we constantly debate here, for example right now. Maybe some bad behavior but we're still doing it. Thai people tend to shut down when you say anything which contradicts the narrative they've been told (like women!). They're very good at not stepping out of line but of this is boring and leads to stagnation in the culture.

Sure, but you wrote, "know how to have a civil debate or handle being questioned", that's not a good fit for most AN posters

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Amazing.

You have just expressed my exact sentiments...to a T.

Mean, indeed.

And, as to throwing oneself on a funeral pyre, that went out of style years ago, for most of us.

5 hours ago, cooked said:

Thai Beach Lover seems to think you can increase IQ through social engineering. IQ can be stimulated to some degree, but not much. This is where I (and many scientists) get accused of racism. To survive in Northern Europe you do need a certain amount of intelligence to survive the winters, planning ahead etc. Here, food is available all year round so even the less fit tend to survive.

IQ can be enhanced over generations of good nutrition, disease control, a rich environment for intellectual stimulation, and plenty of reading at a very early age, and other measures.

It is NOT racist to discuss and debate IQ or tallness in humans, or beans, or peas.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

IQ can be fairly useless unless EQ is there as well. Many successful people have both.

OTOH, there are some people with stratospheric IQ's who are absolutely miserable.

You could be successful at things and have low IQ, that's not the point, it's about the average IQ of the population and how that affects society. For every 90IQ guy who is doing well in life there's going to be many more who are the ones failing.

Even these are subjective terms, an extremely poor low IQ person in Africa can be living a good life and happy, they're just not going to developing anything or doing things at large scale, planning for the future etc...

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

You could be successful at things and have low IQ, that's not the point, it's about the average IQ of the population and how that affects society. For every 90IQ guy who is doing well in life there's going to be many more who are the ones failing.

Even these are subjective terms, an extremely poor low IQ person in Africa can be living a good life and happy, they're just not going to developing anything or doing things at large scale, planning for the future etc...

If Thais had the same average IQ as the Japanese, how many of us do you think could afford to live here?

You should be careful what you wish for.