Shane McGowan RIP

chickenslegs

F

Christmas

I always hated Christmas.

All that sad music.

And then, there was the actress who drowned...

She was one of the best to act in a Christmas film.

What was her name?

Natalie Wood.

F

Christmas

It's not good for anything.

Christmas music and Christmas songs give me the shivers.

Shiver me timbers; F Christmas.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A Drink With Shane McGowan pops up in used bookstores in Thailand. Super-fun read.

I prefer his drunken interviews to his records, but it's all good. Saw him, the band was terrible, but he held the audience in the palm of his hand Ala Rod The Mod.

-Def a loss, poss at the Tom Waits/Nick Cave-level.

15 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

A Drink With Shane McGowan pops up in used bookstores in Thailand. Super-fun read.

I prefer his drunken interviews to his records, but it's all good. Saw him, the band was terrible, but he held the audience in the palm of his hand Ala Rod The Mod.

-Def a loss, poss at the Tom Waits/Nick Cave-level.

Chris Rea, Driving Home Christmas. 

He was actually banned from driving when he wrote it.

😁😁

• Like 1

As long as I'm here, Motown Christmas Album and the James Brown Christmas record def get a yearly spin.

Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson are good too. For deep trad, there's the Christmas godfather, Andy Williams.

Chris Rea -unknown in the states at likewise unknown Nick Drake-levels. If people heard him, they'd love him.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

As long as I'm here, Motown Christmas Album and the James Brown Christmas record def get a yearly spin.

Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson are good too. For deep trad, there's the Christmas godfather, Andy Williams.

Chris Rea -unknown in the states at likewise unknown Nick Drake-levels. If people heard him, they'd love him.

You need to provide links (youtube or other) so we can all enjoy.

From an interview done with him in 1988 (Hot Press):

"Yeah, quite a lot Not doing anything else though just jacking it all in, doing nothing. I dream about going to Thailand and living there. It's the best place I've been abroad. I'm not counting Ireland, that's more of a second home. Thailand is a great bloody place. I could live there very cheaply, nice comfortable surroundings and nothing to do except lie around drinking all day. It costs virtually nothing to get pissed in Thailand. And they don't speak English so I wouldn't have to waste time talking to complete strangers. And they never even heard of The Pogues. They've also got a great, laid-back attitude to sex! It's a <deleted> dreamland."

• Like 1