Russian court bans 'LGBT movement'

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Must of hit a sore point there.

Nice try about talking Thai, do you really think your the only expat that speaks Thai?

I think the Thai views on issues depends on the type of Thai you are talking with and in what situation, bar, workplace, area of the country, education, background, etc.

It good to know that you think you speak for all Thais’. 

IMG_1789.jpeg

generalizations are always abhorrent, but I'm an A$$hole, it's what I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

Must of hit a sore point there.

Nice try about talking Thai, do you really think your the only expat that speaks Thai?

I think the Thai views on issues depends on the type of Thai you are talking with and in what situation, bar, workplace, area of the country, education, background, etc.

It good to know that you think you speak for all Thais’. 

IMG_1789.jpeg

Arachnophobia and acrophobia. 

Then there are the heterophobia people. 

Edited by radiochaser

5 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Arachnophobia and acrophobia. 

Then there are the heterophobia people. 

Sorry I am a straight male and always have been, just not good at marriages (had to many). I have a few things that I do not like, but hetrophobia only comes into play when protecting my bank balance.

Copy of pics to help you.

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

The LGBT community should be entitled - to basic human rights!!

They are, all men & women are, not matter what gender you want to call yourself.  Marriage is not a human right.   Frankly, they should count their blessings :coffee1:

I wish I wasn't allowed to marry a few of my past partners.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Weasel words. You think that people who "go too far and "think they are entitled" should face long prison sentences? I was always under the impression that they were reserved for people who commit serious crimes, not people who have different sexual preferences and who campaign for equality.  

And it's no use droning on about how awful you think it is that trans women are using women's toilets to try to cover yourself. That's got nothing to do with this issue. 

If you believe in free expression you believe in the right for anyone to campaign on any issue as long as it's done peacefully. 

I wrote a follow up post, as obviously a few misunderstood my 1st, but either it got deleted, or I didn't hit submit or had an oops when I did, and didn't notice.  Can't be bothered to type it again.

Forum members should be happy they don't live in RU.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I wrote a follow up post, as obviously a few misunderstood my 1st, but either it got deleted, or I didn't hit submit or had an oops when I did, and didn't notice.  Can't be bothered to type it again.

Forum members should be happy they don't live in RU.

@Baht Simpson Check that it's still there

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The flag is an affront to the eyes. They want to be accepted and included into society but set themselves apart by having their own flag, "Hey look at me, I'm different", no you aren't, you're boring. Thais don't have a relaxed view on these issues, they are polite and avoid confrontation which you would know if you could speak Thai and listen to what is said behind their backs, but never openly. 

I donno,I don’t think people choose to be homosexual they just are,I’ve never been or felt threatened by them we all know how strong our sex drive is they aren’t a threat.what could you possibly expect from a government that trains its felons to invade its neighbor?compasson?acceptance?I’ve come to expect only the worst from Russia under Putin and it’s a shame they are better than that 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just re-read what I posted, and can't see how that got misunderstood.

As with all social issues, that is the right of the locals to decide what they want.  Same as TH or USA.  Free expression is the right to say or do, what ever you please, within the law.

By entitled, I'm referring to men using woman's restrooms, insisting on the meaning of words to be change, and all must use, whether agreeing or not to their meaning.  Having genders taught in school, to young children against parents wishes.  School is for the 3 R's, sciences, not family social issues.  

Forcing business to provide separate restrooms, or allow men or ladies to use the one not aligned with their birth sex.  Forced pronoun use, redefined and confusing as hell.

There are 2 sexes; male & female.  Genders, that's up to you, and anything you want to call yourself, but don't force everyone to conform to your lifestyle.   In my world there's 3, heterosexual, bisexual & homosexual ... pick one.  Feel free to call yourself something else, just don't expect me to agree with you.

I fail to see what you are saying here has anything to do with Russia banning a LGBT Movement, a movement that doesn't even exist in Russia. Putin needs scapegoats to take his peoples eyes off what a mess his regime is and LGBTs are an easy target. This has been done before in history. It's in the playbook for dictators. You may know that Hitler killed not only jews in his death camps, but also the mentally sick and homosexuals.

• Thumbs Up 2