How safe is a Isaan city at night?

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

You are doing it again. 

"In the UK" then giving certain areas of London as the only example.

I've only lived in London and the south.

Tell me other UK towns are different. I haven't because I'm basing it on experience. You need to step up and categorically say....it doesn't happen. I have said it does. Shared my experiences in the areas I've lived in. So have you!!!

It's what the question asked!!! Is it based on my experience!  Read it!! Get the specs on. They ask if my post is based on my own experience to which I replied it did, and in the area I've lived in.

Why on God's earth would I say it happened in Moss Side, or Liverpool or anywhere else?

10 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

How safe is living in Isan for you?

It depends. My village is safe as the locals know me. There was an expat attacked in a village down the road who'd strayed from his area. There was an expat beaten up in a village shop not far away. There was a fight including expats at a local bar.

Possibly isolated incidents but, like I said, the risks are there.

Edited by youreavinalaff

4 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

I've only lived in London and the south.

Tell me other UK towns are different. I haven't because I'm basing it on experience. You need to step up and categorically say....it doesn't happen. I have said it does. Shared my experiences in the areas I've lived in. So have you!!!

It's what the question asked!!! Is it based on my experience!  Read it!! Get the specs on. They ask if my post is based on my own experience to which I replied it did, and in the area I've lived in.

Why on God's earth would I say it happened in Moss Side, or Liverpool or anywhere else?

Just go back to my original post. All I suggested is " in some places in Uk". That is it. 

I dont need to step up to anything. I've never denied it happens. You made that bit up.

Edited by youreavinalaff

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Just asking because, on other threads, some posters believe it's the immigrants causing the problems. 

Have you ever been to a football match in Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria or Turkey?

Judging by your remarks regarding young British males, I would guess not.

Have in fact, but not enough to talk about them, which is what my argument is based upon. 

My opinion is on British culture as I have experience of that.

Are you now saying that it doesn't happen?

I don't get the immigrant bit nor other European countries. My point is based upon life in the UK.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Just go back to my original post. All I suggested is " in some places in Uk". That is it. 

I dont need to step up to anything. I've never denied it happens. You made that bit up.

And my point all along has been that I've never felt threatened  on the streets in Isan. Never, not once. It happens in isolated cases that people are quoting but I personally feel no threat.

In the UK, London, whatever, I have felt threatened, I do feel threatened at times and I don't see it as a safe country to live in.

6 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

Have in fact, but not enough to talk about them, which is what my argument is based upon. 

My opinion is on British culture as I have experience of that.

Are you now saying that it doesn't happen?

I don't get the immigrant bit nor other European countries. My point is based upon life in the UK.

Ffs. I've never said it doesn't happen.

I'll say this one last time. Your original post did not specify areas. You said "in UK", "in pubs".

I, more than once, pointed out you should say "some pubs" or " in some areas of UK". That is all. Just as I said " some places in Isaan can have risks".

All from personal experiences. Experiences you have difficulty accepting as you disagree.

No problem. That's it. In a nutshell.

15 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

How can you say  "young English men pose more threat of violence than any other nationality. Again, based only on my experience." without comparing?

You say yourself your point is based on life in UK. No comparison means the use of superlatives or comparaives is meaningless.

Edited by youreavinalaff

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

How can you say  "young English men pose more threat of violence than any other nationality. Again, based only on my experience." without comparing?

You say yourself your point is based on life in UK. No comparison means the use of superlatives or comparaives is meaningless.

I replied in regards to young Englishmen, British or whatever you want to say, posing more of a threat to me whilst living in England. You're actually jumping in on a debate I'm having with another member about my own experiences of crime in the UK. 

When asked if I'd I experienced it I replied yes. In England, by such young males, whilst walking home at night.

You've actually tried to assume I was talking about immigrants just now. 

Best part of all old chum...how do you know my ethnicity anyway? Or are we to assume that you've judged that already? How do you know if I'm English, or an immigrant or black, Asian?

I expressed an opinion based upon my general experiences of living in both England and Isan, and Thailand as a whole.

Instead of telling me what I should have said why not just tell people your own opinion or experience?

You could easily have said that you've experienced violence in Isan rather than pestering other people's posts.

7 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

You've actually tried to assume I was talking about immigrants just now. 

No, I didn't.

You could easily have said that you've experienced violence in Isan.

I have.

why not just tell people your own opinion or experience?

I have.

Best part of all old chum...how do you know my ethnicity anyway? Or are we to assume that you've judged that already? How do you know if I'm English, or an immigrant or black, Asian?

I have never judged anything.

Edited by youreavinalaff

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. I'm not.

I'm commenting on an open forum.

Well, I'll leave the post to others.

In summary, in my own experience I feel safe living in Isan. I don't fear locals or natives that I've encountered. Living in Isan is favourable to other areas I've lived in, both in Thailand and the UK.

If I were to worry about anything it would be driving or building faults such as electrical wiring etc.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Is it ok to walk around Udon Thani in the early hours of say a weekend morning ? Like 3am 

It's safe to walk around most of Thailand at Zero-Dark-Thirty.  It used to be in the West.  It ain't anymore.
But, of course it depends who is walking.

A typical male tourist or expat minding their own business.  No problem.
A typical male, testosterone-ladened, sex-pat at 3am wandering around drunk and belligerent?  Big problem.
A typical female tourist who thinks that their progressive rights mean anything at 3am in the morning walking alone?  Stupid. 

4 hours ago, Barnet1900 said:

May I throw the question back to you?

Do you feel at ease walking through a group of teens, young adults whatever we are to call them, at night in the UK?

In London a no-go area means that the police would avoid going into the place without full back-up? They are also advised not to wear their uniforms in some places because of the threat of violence.

I've never been to Banyang, no idea where it is in fact but is this comparable to this?

I'm not sure about the UK,but in Australia it depends on who & what area 

Again I'm stereotyping , if I saw say Aboriginal youths  in their teens walking towards me I would be nervous ,have I had problems in the past with Aboriginal youths ? ,not really,  but it's the stereotyping ,and news I hear , my mind would be saying this is high risk , maybe it's wouldn't be , but it would be far different if I was walking past say Asian youths,I wouldn't be concerned, that's how psychology works your mind ,telling you to show caution based on what you hear in your mind , your mind is telling you to do a quick risk assessment based on race , type of clothing ,body language,age  etc before they even walk past you and I admit I am cautious and if need be I cross the road to avoid problems 

Now recently I finished work late at midnight I was about to walk into a 711 I saw about 10 or more young Aboriginal youths including girls inside aged about 12yo baseball caps back to front I didn't go in .

That's could be considered stereotyping but at midnight to see such young ages I took a risk assessment ,and my mind said better to avoid just in case 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was at a Makro in Issan and some Aussie guy started getting abusive.  I asked him to hand me something off the shelf and he started blocking me with his trolley.  I took my shirt off and asked him if he wanted to go outside.  He was really starting to give me the hump so I spat in his face.  I reached over his trolley and got my tin of Pork Faggots off the shelf.  And the we moved on.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

I was at a Makro in Issan and some Aussie guy started getting abusive.  I asked him to hand me something off the shelf and he started blocking me with his trolley.  I took my shirt off and asked him if he wanted to go outside.  He was really starting to give me the hump so I spat in his face.  I reached over his trolley and got my tin of Pork Faggots off the shelf.  And the we moved on.

Doesn't sound like a real Aussie to me ,he didn't call you a "Old Cxnt !

6 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Bit warm in here.

pants on fire.JPG

• Haha 1