Violent Altercation Erupts at Nightclub, Leaving Several Injured

webfact

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Where did you read that? From the article:- 

"In the early morning of December 3, 2023, a violent clash unfolded at a nightclub in Praksa, Samut Prakan......"

The header was changed after my post which is a quote from the actual header to this thread, it said 2022.

4 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Fault and cause aside, the one thing you can be assured of is that in bars frequented by large numbers of young Thais, the Thais are likely armed (mainly with knives but increasingly with guns). And if they aren't armed  in the moment they will be soon once an argument breakouts. Foolishly is to argue, particularly, if you are a foreigner. Step back is the only and best advise. 

I learnt many years ago. 'Discretion is the better part of valour.' Walk away.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Mavideol said:

with daily news like that or even worse how does the PM and TAT want to clean Thailand image and make tourists feel safe

Neighbour Held For Beating Italian Man To Death In Front Of His House

Young French Tourist Dead After Falling From Koh Samui Waterfall

By the RTP and Immigration officers conducting multiple heavy handed raids on large nightclubs in and around Pattaya " to make tourists feel safe" testing for drugs, inspecting passports looking for foreign overstayers and searching the clientele presumably for drugs, guns and other offensive weapons.... yet in the case of at least one such club finding nothing, which really surprises me, every time they carried out a raid.

But " up the road" at a venue in Samut Prakan just south of Bangkok apparently popular with young male Thai " tourists" mass fights break out almost nightly, uncontrollable by the venue's own security, spilling out in to the street, involving injuries including stabbings and other knife wounds ( no gunshot wounds or deaths, Thais seem to reserve these for their weddings) yet never any pre emptive raids only reactive attendance involving arrests of those foolish enough not to flee the scene. It would seem that if no foreigners there is no need for inspections or raids.

Off topic but I read today of another example of amazing Thailand and not just Pattaya or Bangkok. In Kalasin City, up in darkest Isaan where I live, a retired school teacher has been arrested charged with  procuring young girls, less than 15 years old, and providing his home as the venue for the pleasure of local officials and administrators, also arrested, for which he claims he charged a modest fee of 300 baht a session. No doubt the retired teacher, as the face of this child abuse ring, will get a very long prison ( or death?) sentence given the heavy sentences Thai criminal courts hand out for far lesser offences unless he has top quality contacts. The others arrested almost certainly have such contacts so we may hear no more about them.

It's who you are, who you know and how much you can pay. Doubt that will ever change.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I've stayed in Samut Prakan many times and it's not a place where tourists go in numbers. It's very much a Thai-style place, or it is where I have been including bars and eateries.

Agree. I’ve been a few times and considering it’s only a hop skip and a jump away from BKK and easily accessible, I saw very few farang. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 2:18 PM, charleskerins said:

Last call at 11pm   ,the way the  world works is alcohol causes many fights around the world.  "Nothing good happens after 12"

Some of the most amazing things to ever happen in my life happened "after 12".

Most of the worst things to ever happen in my life happened in the middle of the day.