Bus accident in Prachuap Khiri Khan: 14 dead, 35 injured

webfact

image.jpeg

At least 14 people were killed and 35 others injured when a tour bus left the road and crashed into a tree in Thap Sakae, Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

The incident took place at around 1am on Tuesday (Dec 5) and involved a Bangkok-Nathawi passenger bus, which veered off the road and collided with a tree near Petchkasem Road, close to the entrance to Hat Wanakorn National Park.

image.jpeg

Thap Sakae is approximately 2 hours by car from Hua Hin.

The accident was reported to Police Lieutenant Anan Totung of Huay Yang Police Station. Emergency services, including rescue units from Tab Sakae Hospital, Prachuap Khiri Khan Hospital, and foundations like Sawang Roong Rueng Tham and Sawang Prachuap Tham, were immediately dispatched to the site.

By Online Reporter

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2023-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 18
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ezzra said:

With a population of nearly 72 millions and buss going everywhere day and night such accidents, by statistics, are bound to happen, 

good thing it doesn't happened too often...

Crashes weekly i would guess but usually minor. Night buses are scary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It happened at 1am so I think the most likely cause was the driver dozing off. We read that Thais can sleep anywhere, anytime, and we read often that some manage to do it when driving. That should be impossible if you are concentrating on your driving, but difficult if you have the attention span of a goldfish.

Again if you dont know then pipe up. Nationality does not depict if you fall asleep or not. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

On foot, like me, by bike, scooter, motorbike, Van, bus etc... we are in danger of death every second. I always walk against the flow of traffic. Sidewalks are rare in Thailand and if there are they are cluttered with restaurant tables, scooters and so on. A little discipline please!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The investigation will probably conclude that brake failure was to blame.

The driver, if he survived will probably walk away with nothing more than a slapped wrist.

R.I.P to all the deceased. 

"The driver, if he survived will probably walk away with nothing more than a slapped wrist." Thank you Judge Judy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1