Bus accident in Prachuap Khiri Khan: 14 dead, 35 injured

webfact

Rip to the people who have died in this Tragic bus crash

I use the Suvarnabhumi Airport bus to Hua Hin and feel safe travelling seat belts provided and good drivers 

There will be bus accidents in the future hopefully not involving to many people dying or getting injured as many people travel by bus in Thailand 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

yeah right the driver was probably reckless and swerving around cars at the fastest speed possible. They're too stupid or don't have enough emotional control to drive at safe speeds for the road conditions. We've all seen it a million times.

If this has happened a million times then your comment doesnt help Thanks

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

yet more senseless loss of life on Thailands dangerous roads, you can make a guess what caused this to happen - driver fatigue - speeding - lack of driving skills - mobile phone use - mechanical failure etc etc etc but the fact remains - at least 14 people are dead due to all or a combination or one of the above

RIP

I wasn't aware that Thailand was the only place with "dangerous roads". I take it that there are no such accidents where you come from? All roads are dangerous to anyone who is not careful. Wherever there is driving there are going to be accidents and fatalities. It's a statistical certainty. There are just too many people on the roads for it not to happen. But yes, the question between the lines is, what can be done to address it and can/will such measures succeed? It's up to the investigators, and then the bus companies and government to implement what they learn. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

The Tachograph will show all :whistling:   , When will they make it law to fit them to all HGVs and PSVs along with dash cams. Over to you PM and your so called Transport Minister who only seems concerned with Airports.

Along with any law in Thailand being routinely ignored, there is a difference between requiring it to be fitted and actually having it turned on and functioning. Many years ago, the building on Sukhumvit that became the Intercontinental Hotel caught fire the day before it was due to open. I happened to be passing at the time and it was spectacular, with people trapped on the roof who were lifted off by helicopter and carried across to the roof of the current Thaksin residence, the Police Hospital. An air-conditioner had exploded and, although the law had required that a sprinkler system had to be installed and it was, there was no law to say it had to be turned on, and it wasn't. Years later I was in the BP building and they had huge photos on the wall of the blaze.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I wasn't aware that Thailand was the only place with "dangerous roads".

Where did you see anyone writing that, or did you just make up that they did? This was an accident in Thailand reported on a forum about Thailand, and that is why it is reported here. What happens elsewhere is of no relevance to this forum except perhaps to compare. Perhaps you didn't realise that.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

With a population of nearly 72 millions and buss going everywhere day and night such accidents, by statistics, are bound to happen, 

good thing it doesn't happened too often...

Are you trolling or actually serious? Thailand usually has the highest road death rate per capita year on year,

Are you trolling or actually serious?  Around 80% of those accidents do not involve buses because most deaths on Thailand's roads involve motorcycles.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:
33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It happened at 1am so I think the most likely cause was the driver dozing off. We read that Thais can sleep anywhere, anytime, and we read often that some manage to do it when driving. That should be impossible if you are concentrating on your driving, but difficult if you have the attention span of a goldfish.

Again if you dont know then pipe up. Nationality does not depict if you fall asleep or not. 

You're right, of course, but, er, don't you mean "pipe down"?!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:
36 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It happened at 1am so I think the most likely cause was the driver dozing off. We read that Thais can sleep anywhere, anytime, and we read often that some manage to do it when driving. That should be impossible if you are concentrating on your driving, but difficult if you have the attention span of a goldfish.

Again if you dont know then pipe up. Nationality does not depict if you fall asleep or not. 

Clearly, your reading skills aren't very good. I wrote I think, not that I know. There's a difference. Perhaps it is you who needs to pipe up instead of claiming I wrote something that I didn't. And it has been reported on this forum countless times that drivers have admitted falling asleep while driving. How many times have you read that from your own country?

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You've obviously been in the tropics too long and haven't heard of microsleeps.

Here, I'll let Dr Karl explain it for you...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MdOhcmkI0dw

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Along with any law in Thailand being routinely ignored, there is a difference between requiring it to be fitted and actually having it turned on and functioning. Many years ago, the building on Sukhumvit that became the Intercontinental Hotel caught fire the day before it was due to open. I happened to be passing at the time and it was spectacular, with people trapped on the roof who were lifted off by helicopter and carried across to the roof of the current Thaksin residence, the Police Hospital. An air-conditioner had exploded and, although the law had required that a sprinkler system had to be installed and it was, there was no law to say it had to be turned on, and it wasn't. Years later I was in the BP building and they had huge photos on the wall of the blaze.

Oh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

You've obviously been in the tropics too long and haven't heard of microsleeps.

Here, I'll let Dr Karl explain it for you...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MdOhcmkI0dw

What Thais call a microsleep is what most of us call a lack of concentration, the mind drifting off. Anyway, shouldn't the driver be alert at all times while operating a vehicle, instead of having a microsleep or dozing off.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wrote I think, not that I know ...

...it has been reported on this forum countless times that drivers have admitted falling asleep while driving.

"...reported on this forum countless times...".

I think it is actually just three times.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

If you dont know, dont be skeptical. Saying this doesnt help the situation. There could be many reasons the Bus/Driver had this unfortunate accident

Occam's razor. statistics here back it up i'm afraid. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

yet more senseless loss of life on Thailands dangerous roads, you can make a guess what caused this to happen - driver fatigue - speeding - lack of driving skills - mobile phone use - mechanical failure etc etc etc but the fact remains - at least 14 people are dead due to all or a combination or one of the above

RIP

Thanks for narrowing the causes down so extensively...

2 minutes ago, stoner said:
40 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

If you dont know, dont be skeptical. Saying this doesnt help the situation. There could be many reasons the Bus/Driver had this unfortunate accident

Occam's razor. statistics here back it up i'm afraid. 

Which "statistics" are those that relate to accidents involving buses?

• Confused 2