Israel and Hamas fight house-to-house battles across Gaza

CharlieH

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you actually trying to say that the settlers have a right to be on Palestinian land?

If so, why?

Two million Palestinians live in Israel as Israeli citizens , Israelis could  live in a Palestinian  as Palestinian citizens , although I expect that they would insist on having dual nationality 

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yet the israelis give the finger to the international community and carry on with the illegal occupation regardless, as they think they have the Americans in their pocket.

Perhaps they will go too far one day and be in for a shock.

So the Americans are the real problem in the conflict in the ME?

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Who shouldn't vote for a ceasefire? How is support for Israel contingent on vetoing a ceasefire resolution?

Even Biden is confused now, well I know lol, they condemn what Israel are doing yet feel they are obliged to continue supporting them. This is what happens when you support a terror regime like Israel.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

So do I. Someone else may though.

It's ridiculous we have to ignore them, they are  like Israel when they refuse to enter talks about peace; amazing arrogance just because they have a superpower to hide behind.. 

As I said earlier -

Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories are considered to be wrong due to their contravention of international law, disruption of the peace process, human rights abuses, and contribution to regional instability. Addressing this issue is crucial for fostering a sustainable and just resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

Back on topic and some excellent footage here of the house to house fighting. Last time I saw the terrorists throwing grenades they were at innocent civilians hiding in safe rooms and bunkers at the music festival. Here we have a Hamas terrorist throw a grenade out of the room he's trapped in, the IDF soldier is hit but comes back to finish him off, close up. Its the second kill he had within a few seconds. Great stuff.

"This might be the most badass video released by the IDF yet.

Headcam footage shows a reservist of the Combat Engineering Corps’ elite Yahalom killing a Hamas gunman in an apartment in Gaza City’s Shejaiya neighborhood, before a grenade is hurled at him by a second operative. The soldier, despite being wounded, gets up and rushes at the second gunman, killing him from point-blank range."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

One can't help wandering where António Guterres' letters were expressing concern over the slaughters many many thousands of people in Syria, Yemen, Myanmar and umpteen other places?

Lost in the post perhaps - I understand that there are problems with the New York mail system.

That is a deflection. This is about israel's conduct in Gaza.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@thaibeachlovers

Interesting. You don't seem to have such reservation when yourself and others bring up whatever issue not strictly on topics, so long as it supports the general thrust of your agenda.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No it is not a deflection. It is very relevant that Guterres wrote and published this letter, but has not seen fit to to do the same regarding other (Muslim) states killing civilians indiscriminately and in much greater numbers in other recent conflicts in the region. An entirely valid comment.

The real hurt, I suspect, is the extent to which the fighting has revealed the close connection between Hamas and many of the UN agencies, UNRWA for example, to all intents and purposes an arm of the Hamas regime, actively involved in preparing and commissioning acts of terror against Israel.

Edited by herfiehandbag

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess I'll never know what his attempt to justify the unjustifiable is, unless someone quotes him.

I don't believe you, you claim to have me on ignore but I often see a laughing emoji pop up on a post when you are the only other online..............lol

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't believe you, you claim to have me on ignore but I often see a laughing emoji pop up on a post when you are the only other online..............lol

He responded to my posts several times today....

I think it's kinda lame putting someone on ignore, then posting about wishing you could see their posts, or asking a third party to quote it so you can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess I'll never know what his attempt to justify the unjustifiable is, unless someone quotes him.

You can just click "Show this post" and you will be able to see the post .

Your ignore list and Neernamas ignore list should become its own separate topic

Have you thought about starting a thread about it ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

On the screen where it says *So and so had posted and you've ignored it, do you want to view the post*

Oops!

As I have never put anyone on ignore, although I am sure it has been applied to me, I was not aware of that facility. 

Sorry for the pointless question! 

I sort of thought it worked another way!

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Oops!

As I have never put anyone on ignore, although I am sure it has been applied to me, I was not aware of that facility. 

Sorry for the pointless question! 

I sort of thought it worked another way!

I did put one person on ignore , but I spent time clicking "show this post* to read the post  , that I just took him off ignore

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I did put one person on ignore , but I spent time clicking "show this post* to read the post  , that I just took him off ignore

LOL, snap, did that last year, the temptation is too much, never bothered with ignore since.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

No it is not a deflection. It is very relevant that Guterres wrote and published this letter, but has not seen fit to to do the same regarding other (Muslim) states killing civilians indiscriminately and in much greater numbers in other recent conflicts in the region. An entirely valid comment.

The real hurt, I suspect, is the extent to which the fighting has revealed the close connection between Hamas and many of the UN agencies, UNRWA for example, to all intents and purposes an arm of the Hamas regime, actively involved in preparing and commissioning acts of terror against Israel.

It's still a deflection. I could deflect all day long with references to the past, but it would be deleted.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

You provide no proof of that vile accusation against an organisation that has been supporting the population of Gaza under an illegal israeli blockade. Unless you can prove it, it's a foul lie.

• Haha 1

Just to add to that, more UN enabled Terrorist training for kids:

"They teach us that the Zionists are our enemy and we must fight them," says one 12-year-old boy. Another says: "They teach us that [Jews] are bad people. They killed our young"

"We know what there is on every page in every textbook of 12 or more Middle Eastern countries, and while all the important Sunni countries have been improving their textbooks in recent years – only the PA is going the opposite way"

How UNRWA Became the Second-most Influential Organization in Gaza After Hamas

With a budget of over $1 billion a year, control over half the schools in the Gaza Strip and reported connections to Hamas, critics charge that the UN agency is playing a key role in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict

https://archive.ph/m07fO

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/2023-12-12/ty-article-magazine/.premium/how-unrwa-became-the-second-most-important-organization-in-gaza/0000018c-5deb-d798-adac-fdefaf450000

• Like 1

why was one of the Israeli hostages held by a UN teacher in Gaza?

What children at UN run schools in Gaza learn:

"I'm ready to stab a Jew and drive [a car] over them." Another says: "We have to constantly stab them, drive over them and shoot them." Yet another adds: "Stabbing and running over the Jews brings dignity to the Palestinians. I'm going to run them over and stab them with knives."

Links already provided

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1