Israel pounds ‘250 Gaza targets in a day’ as UN chief warns order may break down

CharlieH

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

It has to stop asap

There was an Israeli/government/military spokesman last night on BBC World News, and he was asked about the carnage, and a possible ceasefire or an end to it all, and I liked his reply: – "the war can stop now, after all it was not started by Israel, all Hamas has to do is to surrender and give up their weapons, and it will all be over".

Simple really and I fully support his viewpoint.

The spokesman knows that the laying down of arms and surrender will not happen because of the degree of hatred between the 2 nations . Hamas will never be completely wiped out . What is worth mentioning is that the U.S.A. vetoed the U.N. Security council resolution for a humanitarian ceasefire . This veto will not only prolong the war but brings in the possibility of Palestinian allies joining in . The U.S.A. reasoning being that a ceasefire would enable Hamas to re-group .  Not only are the U.S.A. just as guilty of war crimes carried out by the Israeli troops , because of being complicit and also as an associate , plus a supplier of 92% of all Israeli weapons .  The indiscriminate bombing and murdering of innocent people in Palestine is barbaric and indefensible . Shame on Israel and America .  It is beyond me how there is any support for the actions of Israel .

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, superal said:

The spokesman knows that the laying down of arms and surrender will not happen because of the degree of hatred between the 2 nations .

Well the interviewer asked what was necessary to end the war and the Israeli spokesperson told them. Hatred or not, the solution is there for all to see, plain and simple, and if Hamas do not agree to surrendering, then they will reap the catastrophic results of the war they started and the death and misery that they have brought upon the Palestinians.

That is the way forward irrespective of the degree of hatred between the two nations, that being the case, I sincerely hope that Hamas are wiped out completely and if the poor Palestinians suffer whilst this is being undertaken, then they should look to Hamas to blame, not a country which was attacked by the terrorists.

I have said what I believe is a solution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superal said:

The spokesman knows that the laying down of arms and surrender will not happen because of the degree of hatred between the 2 nations . Hamas will never be completely wiped out . What is worth mentioning is that the U.S.A. vetoed the U.N. Security council resolution for a humanitarian ceasefire . This veto will not only prolong the war but brings in the possibility of Palestinian allies joining in . The U.S.A. reasoning being that a ceasefire would enable Hamas to re-group .  Not only are the U.S.A. just as guilty of war crimes carried out by the Israeli troops , because of being complicit and also as an associate , plus a supplier of 92% of all Israeli weapons .  The indiscriminate bombing and murdering of innocent people in Palestine is barbaric and indefensible . Shame on Israel and America .  It is beyond me how there is any support for the actions of Israel .

That's a whole lot of opinions, but not so many facts.

Hamas not surrendering is up to Hamas. Same way they chose to start this war knowing the consequences. For some reason, people are shying away from holding Hamas accountable for anything.

What other allies of the Palestinians will join in? There are currently two that are 'in' on a certain level already (Hezbollah and the Houthis). I don't know that anyone else plan to do so as well.

Kinda doubt your legal expertise regarding international law in general, and 'war crimes' specifically. Asserting the USA is just as guilty is something you claim, not so much a fact. Maybe it's how you see thing, I don't know.

The bombing is not 'indiscriminate' as you claim. And obviously the casualty lists provided by Hamas do not reflect the thousands of Hamas men killed, Gazans killed by failed launches of Palestinian rockets, or ordinary deaths (such as occur on every day everywhere). It's all lumped together for the sake of propaganda.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Morch said:

That's a whole lot of opinions, but not so many facts.

Hamas not surrendering is up to Hamas. Same way they chose to start this war knowing the consequences. For some reason, people are shying away from holding Hamas accountable for anything.

What other allies of the Palestinians will join in? There are currently two that are 'in' on a certain level already (Hezbollah and the Houthis). I don't know that anyone else plan to do so as well.

Kinda doubt your legal expertise regarding international law in general, and 'war crimes' specifically. Asserting the USA is just as guilty is something you claim, not so much a fact. Maybe it's how you see thing, I don't know.

The bombing is not 'indiscriminate' as you claim. And obviously the casualty lists provided by Hamas do not reflect the thousands of Hamas men killed, Gazans killed by failed launches of Palestinian rockets, or ordinary deaths (such as occur on every day everywhere). It's all lumped together for the sake of propaganda.

I urge you to read the BBC news , under Word news and the comments of President Biden . Confirms much of what I have stated . Israel are losing support because of their indiscriminate bombing .

51 minutes ago, superal said:

I urge you to read the BBC news , under Word news and the comments of President Biden . Confirms much of what I have stated . Israel are losing support because of their indiscriminate bombing .

I agree that people use the term, I think they do so rather freely.

Same goes for 'river-to-the-sea' and other catchphrases, slogans.

On 12/8/2023 at 1:46 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Israel releases some more prisoners in exchange for hostages , as Israel needs to make space for this lot 

image.png.7212b5af1a2603135ddfe3c4509dcc17.png

image.png.a793d6833003a0da496342f7fa1508e6.png

image.png.9f7c808e5032f4f0149daa7e3bfc95b5.png

Staring down the barrel of a gun 

They look like victims of ISIS.  I wonder how many of these guys were actually Hamas combatants. Not very many I would guess.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

They look like victims of ISIS.  I wonder how many of these guys were actually Hamas combatants. Not very many I would guess.

Except that they won't be executed. Most would be released after a short questioning.

I think I saw IDF intel estimates that cite 15%-20% being either Hamas, or possessing relevant information.

Those will be held.

Unguided, or 'dumb' bombs are not really WWII stuff. It's not like you toss them out of the plane and they hit wherever. Still far more accurate than the Hamas rockets. Further, in areas where there are no civilians, or where civilians were given warning, asked to evacuate and given ample time to do so - the usage will probably be within legal limits.

The 'job' is not what you described above, that would be you injecting your own biased take into it.