Israel pounds ‘250 Gaza targets in a day’ as UN chief warns order may break down

CharlieH

1 hour ago, placnx said:

I don't think that I have ever linked to a BBC video, so please let us know what post you are referring to. I did not link to the BBC video this time either. I saw it on a recent BBC report. 

Trolling? Memory issues? Who cares. Earlier on these topics, you made a claim regarding poll results etc. that you claimed to have seen on a tv report. When you finally bothered to post the link, which was about 25-30 minutes long, there was nothing like you claimed there. Further attempts by you to post other links in support resulted in the same. If you wish to deny that....go right ahead.

What you claim to have seen is worthless.

My comment was with regard to recent experience with how you post.

45 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you think 7/10 attack came out of the blue?

When Gaza is completly destroyed and the people sent to Egypt or whatever other country Netanahu suggested, you'll still be going on about that 7/10 attack as if it warranted the anhilation of the Arabs.

@Neeranam

More of your constant nonsense. There was no such denial on my part. If anyone denies something it is you - whenever it comes to Hamas's responsibility and accountability for the attack. Unless you want to claim Hamas was justified in attacking Israelis the way it did....not sure what inane point you had in mind.

The Gaza Strip is not completely destroyed. The people are not sent anywhere. And there is no 'annihilation of the Arabs' (whatever you thought that meant). These are stuff you invent in order to make a bogus question/argument.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

More of your constant nonsense. There was no such denial on my part. If anyone denies something it is you - whenever it comes to Hamas's responsibility and accountability for the attack. Unless you want to claim Hamas was justified in attacking Israelis the way it did....not sure what inane point you had in mind.

The Gaza Strip is not completely destroyed. The people are not sent anywhere. And there is no 'annihilation of the Arabs' (whatever you thought that meant). These are stuff you invent in order to make a bogus question/argument.

I never mentioned denial, but many Israelis have. 

What reason could they have for flattening whole neighbourhoods? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/27/gaza-before-and-after-satellite-images-show-destruction-after-israeli-airstrikes

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I never mentioned denial, but many Israelis have. 

What reason could they have for flattening whole neighbourhoods? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/27/gaza-before-and-after-satellite-images-show-destruction-after-israeli-airstrikes

@Neeranam

Modern fighting in urban setting against insurgency/terrorists. That what it looks like.

That you attribute other elements to this means less than nothing.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

Modern fighting in urban setting against insurgency/terrorists. That what it looks like.

That you attribute other elements to this means less than nothing.

Now you are being silly. 

This is a massacre and you know that very well. 

You must admit this is beyond reasonable retaliation and is ethnic cleansing? There has to be a point where integrity supercedes national identity. 

About 18,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli bombardment since October 7. The revised death toll in Israel stands at 1,147.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/12/11/israel-hamas-war-live-who-decries-catastrophic-situation-in-gaza

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Now you are being silly. 

You must admit this is beyond reasonable retaliation and is ethnic cleansing? There has to be a point where integrity supercedes national identity. 

About 18,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli bombardment since October 7. The revised death toll in Israel stands at 1,147.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/12/11/israel-hamas-war-live-who-decries-catastrophic-situation-in-gaza

Don't forget that at least 7,000 of those were Hamas terrorists @Neeranam

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Now you are being silly. 

@Neeranam

Don't tell me what I know. Calling things 'a massacre' is a choice. You make, I do not.

Also, I do not 'have to' anything. Certainly not your meaningless comments about 'reasonable retaliation' or 'ethnic cleansing'. Nowhere in your posts is there a shred of suggestion as to what would be a 'proportionate' or 'reasonable' retaliation. As for 'integrity', doubt you have a clue.

I get it that you lump in Hamas terrorists killed in order to inflate the total. Unsurprisingly, that's exactly what Hamas does.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I never. Stop lying.

@Neeranam

From your post above:

About 18,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli bombardment since October 7

Similar comments and quotes can be found in many other posts you made. Citing the total figure, without acknowledging that a considerable part are Hamas men, is lumping them all together. Hamas is doing this intentionally, and considering you never (as far as I recall) referenced them dead Hamas men being part of the total (despite this being explained over and over again) I think what I posted is correct.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

From your post above:

Similar comments and quotes can be found in many other posts you made. Citing the total figure, without acknowledging that a considerable part are Hamas men, is lumping them all together. Hamas is doing this intentionally, and considering you never (as far as I recall) referenced them dead Hamas men being part of the total (despite this being explained over and over again) I think what I posted is correct.

Its a quote from Al jazeera , note the link I posted. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Its a quote from Al jazeera , note the link I posted. 

@Neeranam

Yes. You keep quoting stuff like that, over and over again, or repeating the total figure in your posts.

You do not, however, acknowledge that Hamas men are included, but often refer to civilian deaths.

My comment stands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

Yes. You keep quoting stuff like that, over and over again, or repeating the total figure in your posts.

You do not, however, acknowledge that Hamas men are included, but often refer to civilian deaths.

My comment stands.

Fair enough.

I have only regularly quoted child deaths, who are not Hamas. 

Do you mention Israeli soldiers in the deaths of Israelis? 

Strange the number, 1400, you said has changed to 250 less. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Fair enough.

I have only regularly quoted child deaths, who are not Hamas. 

Do you mention Israeli soldiers in the deaths of Israelis? 

Strange the number, 1400, you said has changed to 250 less. 

@Neeranam

You just referenced the total number of casualties on the post I replied to. Not the first time, not the second - not 'only regularly quoted children deaths'. Back when the Israeli casualties were more an object of discussion, yes, I did try to reference not all being civilian. Obviously not on each post, but often enough.

As for your latest nonsense, it is not 'a number I said'. That was what the original reports cited, and that was the figure everyone was using for a while. It was adjusted downward as turned out 200+ of the corpses belonged to Hamas men and the those of the Gazan mobs that followed them. This was covered in-depth on many media outlets, and discussed on previous topics. That you try to make something out of it now - not surprising, it's what you do.

Edit:

To add to the second paragraph, find the differences between Israel and the Hamas. It would have been better for Israel, in propaganda terms, to keep the 1400 figure. Instead, Israel supplied the correct information even if it cost some 'face', and added to the pile of conspiracy theories running around.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rabas said:

Do you have any evidence for your numbers? Evidence as in factual or verifiable information. 

As per today : some 17.500 Palestinians died through mass bombing in Gaza.

Some +/- 1/3 victims (+/- 6.000) needs to be added that could not be found under the collapsed buildings.

Some +/- 3x more victims (+/- 50.000) are in need of medical care.

Exact numbers are impossible at this chaotic stage.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/how-many-palestinians-have-died-gaza-war-how-will-counting-continue-2023-12-06/

Edited by Thorgal
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Some +/- 1/3 victims (+/- 6.000) needs to be added that could not be found under the collapsed buildings.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/how-many-palestinians-have-died-gaza-war-how-will-counting-continue-2023-12-06/

"At least 17,487 Palestinians have been killed since then, according to Gaza Health Ministry figures..."

According to VOA, the GHM traditionally tries to make reasonable estimates but it is also difficult. Also: 

"The agency, however, does not differentiate the number of deaths as civilians or combatants."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Thorgal said:

All casualty figures in Gaza come from the same source. All news venue repeat the numbers, often with some disclaimer.

Hamas does not release details about it's own casualties until it suits him, nothing new - seen on past instances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Thorgal said:

So sad, and the Israelis make a big deal if 10 soldiers are killed. As usual, Israel treating Palestinians as second class citizens, the reason this whole thing started. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

So sad, and the Israelis make a big deal if 10 soldiers are killed. As usual, Israel treating Palestinians as second class citizens, the reason this whole thing started. 

@Neeranam

More like Hamas not caring about Palestinian casualties, calling them 'necessary sacrifices for the cause'.

Gazan's are not Israeli citizens.

Get back under your bridge.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I hope you are not saying Palestinian soldiers lives are insignificant. 

Did I say that? The lives of every Hamas terrorist is of prime significance. Any one left standing represents an existential threat, not just now but to mankind's future.

Humans can no longer allow such horrific barbarism in the 21st century, especially killing their own children family as human shields purely for propaganda value.  Ugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Once again, when you can't/won't answer my questions, you resort to personal attacks. 

Of course Gazans aren't Israelis. What makes you say that?

@Neeranam

I did address your bogus points. Refer to your own post above, and to the post you replied to.

Gazans are Palestinians. Palestinians are not Israeli citizens. Claiming Israel treats them as second-class citizens is nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

I did address your bogus points. Refer to your own post above, and to the post you replied to.

Gazans are Palestinians. Palestinians are not Israeli citizens. Claiming Israel treats them as second-class citizens is nonsense.

I'm getting tired of your 'nonsense' remarks. I have a different opinion to you, probably due to your nationality, which you refuse to acknowledge. I am neutral in this conflict but feel the need to point out Istraels misgiving, which the fundamentalists here refuse to admit.

I really now don't believe you think that Israelis treat Gazan, Arab/Israelis equally. I've given you proof of hoiw they are NOT trated equally before.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm getting tired of your 'nonsense' remarks. I have a different opinion to you, probably due to your nationality, which you refuse to acknowledge. I am neutral in this conflict but feel the need to point out Istraels misgiving, which the fundamentalists here refuse to admit.

I really now don't believe you think that Israelis treat Gazan, Arab/Israelis equally. I've given you proof of hoiw they are NOT trated equally before.

@Neeranam

Don't post nonsense posts, and there won't be nonsense remarks.

For example, implying Israel should treat Gazans as Israeli citizens.

You are not 'neutral'.

Your posts since the 7/10 on these topics are evidence enough of that.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

@NeeranamI am neutral in this conflict :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Morch said:

@Neeranam

Don't post nonsense posts, and there won't be nonsense remarks.

For example, implying Israel should treat Gazans as Israeli citizens.

You are not 'neutral'.

Your posts since the 7/10 on these topics are evidence enough of that.

I may lean towards the Palestinians, as I know what is is like to be dicriminated against and my country suffered Genocide in the 'Highland Clearances',  but I have no reason to be biased.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I may lean towards the Palestinians, as I know what is is like to be dicriminated against and my country suffered Genocide in the 'Highland Clearances',  but I have no reason to be biased.

@Neeranam

Your posts are almost uniformly one-sided, and contain little acknowledgement (let alone condemnation) of Palestinian/Hamas role in things.

You can claim otherwise all you want, doesn't change facts regarding your comments and views on here.

Personally, my take is that you don't really care much about the Palestinians either, but more in it for the trolling.

• Agree 1

On 12/8/2023 at 2:30 PM, superal said:

The attack on Israel by the Hamas on October 7th was indeed barbaric but so is the indiscriminate bombing of the Gaza Strip where innocent children are being killed and maimed in their thousands . The Israelis see it as collateral damage . It has to stop asap . Pure genocide and some world leaders are just as guilty by association . 

It has to stop asap

There was an Israeli/government/military spokesman last night on BBC World News, and he was asked about the carnage, and a possible ceasefire or an end to it all, and I liked his reply: – "the war can stop now, after all it was not started by Israel, all Hamas has to do is to surrender and give up their weapons, and it will all be over".

Simple really and I fully support his viewpoint.

• Like 2