Chomsky On a Saturday Night: Instead of a Pattaya Bar

GammaGlobulin

Hi My Friends,

Here is one of the best Chomsky interviews I have seen in recent years.

I hope you will enjoy it.

I am a Noam Lover, and not a Midnight Toker.....

Here is where Chomsky states his views concerning things like whether or not language influences perception of reality.

This is definitely one of Chomsky's best interviews in recent years, simply because the interviewer is not a fool, and asks the right questions to draw out Chomsky on more interesting questions.

And concerning Midnight Toking....

You might like the Steve Miller Band, too....

ALL GOOD....

Any thoughts?

Gamma Gametes!

I just LOVE your Peaches!

10 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Krashen's or I'm not interested.

I am interested in second-language acquisition, of course.

But, Chomsky, here, is speaking about INTERNAL LANGUAGE, per se.

(Far more interesting at the fundamental level....)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 12/9/2023 at 10:40 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Hi My Friends,

Here is one of the best Chomsky interviews I have seen in recent years.

I hope you will enjoy it.

I am a Noam Lover, and not a Midnight Toker.....

Here is where Chomsky states his views concerning things like whether or not language influences perception of reality.

This is definitely one of Chomsky's best interviews in recent years, simply because the interviewer is not a fool, and asks the right questions to draw out Chomsky on more interesting questions.

And concerning Midnight Toking....

You might like the Steve Miller Band, too....

ALL GOOD....

Any thoughts?

Gamma Gametes!

I just LOVE your Peaches!

Is that the interview where Chomsky wanted to round up the unvaccinated and put them in camps?  Kind of rich coming from a Jew.  I didn't hear about any Japanese Americans/Canadians advocating for the same. 

4 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Is that the interview where Chomsky wanted to round up the unvaccinated and put them in camps?  Kind of rich coming from a Jew.  I didn't hear about any Japanese Americans/Canadians advocating for the same. 

Over egging this a bit aren't you?

In an interview recorded earlier this year, which went viral last month, the 92-year-old philosopher offered his views on mandating vaccines and while disagreeing with the policy, suggested those who refuse jabs "should" isolate to avoid becoming “a danger to the community".

"People who refuse to accept vaccines, I think the right response for them is not to force them to but rather to insist that they be isolated," Chomsky said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/noam-chomsky-calls-for-unvaccinated-to-be-isolated-from-society-b2182947.html

17 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

LINK....PLEASE....

Back up your spurious claims....PLEASE.....

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Over egging this a bit aren't you?

In an interview recorded earlier this year, which went viral last month, the 92-year-old philosopher offered his views on mandating vaccines and while disagreeing with the policy, suggested those who refuse jabs "should" isolate to avoid becoming “a danger to the community".

"People who refuse to accept vaccines, I think the right response for them is not to force them to but rather to insist that they be isolated," Chomsky said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/noam-chomsky-calls-for-unvaccinated-to-be-isolated-from-society-b2182947.html

Thank you for your correction of the spurious comment by the commenter who might not know much about Noam, but only listens to third-hand biased views about Chomsky.

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

LINK....PLEASE....

Back up your spurious claims....PLEASE.....

I had immense respect for Chomsky until he said that. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/noam-chomsky-says-the-unvaccinated-should-just-remove-themselves-from-society

There's a lot of incoherent babbling in the interview. Hell, the dude's in his 90's.

Perhaps it wasn't a direct mention of camps, but rather isolation, and "how those isolated people get food is their own problem".  Pretty damned authoritarian. 

Even this former genius failed to explain how someone who was unvaccinated against a disease could be a danger to someone who was. A first year philosophy student would mop the floor with him now. 

4 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

I had immense respect for Chomsky until he said that. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/noam-chomsky-says-the-unvaccinated-should-just-remove-themselves-from-society

There's a lot of incoherent babbling in the interview. Hell, the dude's in his 90's.

Perhaps it wasn't a direct mention of camps, but rather isolation, and "how those isolated people get food is their own problem".  Pretty damned authoritarian. 

Even this former genius failed to explain how someone who was unvaccinated against a disease could be a danger to someone who was. A first year philosophy student would mop the floor with him now. 

You may have misconstrued Chimpsky's words if you came away with this false interpretation.

However, there is no point arguing with a chimp.

• Like 1