Fury grows over Tory visa rules where ‘only the rich’ dare fall in love

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I would say it's too early to drink, apparently you thought otherwise.

Come on Steven, you're better than that.

If you feel the analogy is inaccurate, feel free to point that out. I feel it is an accurate portayal of the power an EU Parliamentarian has when selecting the President of the EU but if you don't then let's discuss it as adults instead of resorting to childish, facetious attempts at humour.   

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've never paid more entrance fees anywhere.

I have social security so don't know about hospital fees. Even before that I had Thai private health insurance.

My tax was always at the same rate. I was on a Non B visa, sometimes on Non O. I used to go to the tax office myself to get the final statement.

Buying land? No problem. I'm married so it's purchased under " Sin som rot" rules.

I'm not pretending anything. Just pointing out your errors.

Purely anecdotal on entrance fees. Most foreigners know the truth of the situation beyond your gaslighting. It is an official policy clarified by the government many times.  

Do Thais have to marry another Thai in order to purchase land and even then only co-own it? No, they don't. They can remain single and own all of it outright in their name. The crumbs they throw to foreigners as workarounds in this regard are nowhere near the rights of Thai nationals in terms of land ownership. 

Like I said, you are attempting to gaslight with very poor examples to prove you have the same rights as a Thai national when you clearly don't.

No comment on the foreigner forced to pay extra for cancer treatment when compared to a Thai national, a decision later upheld by the courts? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

More fool you.

I agree. I was a fool to think it was a good idea to become a nurse and put up with bully managers so I could help the sick and dying for a pittance.

I'd be sitting pretty had I gone to work in the Aussie mines instead. I'd even have been better off becoming a tube driver.

So yes, I was just a fool.

Sooner or later all the other nurses are going to wake up and leave for a better occupation without bullies that pays a decent wage.

Guess who is going to suffer on that day?

A while back I had my teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist. She came from a nursing family- mum and sisters- and they told her not to become a nurse- it's just not worth it.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Purely anecdotal on entrance fees. Most foreigners know the truth of the situation beyond your gaslighting. It is an official policy clarified by the government many times.  

Do Thais have to marry another Thai in order to purchase land and even then only co-own it? No, they don't. They can remain single and own all of it outright in their name. The crumbs they throw to foreigners as workarounds in this regard are nowhere near the rights of Thai nationals in terms of land ownership. 

Like I said, you are attempting to gaslight with very poor examples to prove you have the same rights as a Thai national when you clearly don't.

No comment on the foreigner forced to pay extra for cancer treatment when compared to a Thai national, a decision later upheld by the courts? 

No gaslighting.. Just saying it as it is.

Cancer treatment? Like I said, I have Thai social security. Others should have insurance. Only fools would live abroad without it.

Crumbs? No. Just as in UK, my wife and I always buy as a joint venture.

Once again, I'm not trying to prove anything. Certainly not trying to prove things that aren't true. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree. I was a fool to think it was a good idea to become a nurse and put up with bully managers so I could help the sick and dying for a pittance.

I'd be sitting pretty had I gone to work in the Aussie mines instead. I'd even have been better off becoming a tube driver.

So yes, I was just a fool.

Sooner or later all the other nurses are going to wake up and leave for a better occupation without bullies that pays a decent wage.

Guess who is going to suffer on that day?

A while back I had my teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist. She came from a nursing family- mum and sisters- and they told her not to become a nurse- it's just not worth it.

How strange. The hospitals I've worked in have paid breaks. 

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Cancer treatment? Like I said, I have Thai social security. Others should have insurance. Only fools would live abroad without it.

That's not the point. The point is you do not have the same rights as a Thai national.

Crumbs? No. Just as in UK, my wife and I always buy as a joint venture.

Not the point. You don't have the same rights should you choose not to buy as a joint venture. 

Once again, I'm not trying to prove anything. Certainly not trying to prove things that aren't true. 

Well you have proved that you don't have the same rights as a Thai national so don't be too hard on yourself.

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's not the point. The point is you do not have the same rights as a Thai national.

Not the point. You don't have the same rights should you choose not to buy as a joint venture. 

Well you have proved that you don't have the same rights as a Thai national so don't be too hard on yourself.

Once again, I have never said I have the same rights as a Thai national. Just as my wife doesn't have the same rights as me when in UK.

The points I make are the point. 

I'm not being hard on myself. I'm perfectly happy with my life choices and situation.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Once again, I have never said I have the same rights as a Thai national. Just as my wife doesn't have the same rights as me when in UK.

That's the exact point that I have been making all along. Good to see you've come across to my way of thinking.

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not being hard on myself. I'm perfectly happy with my life choices and situation.

Me too, life is so much better when you don't carry around a sense of entitlement. 

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's the exact point that I have been making all along. Good to see you've come across to my way of thinking.

Me too, life is so much better when you don't carry around a sense of entitlement. 

Not "come across" to anything.

Once again, I've never said what you suggested I did.

As an aside, foreigners can claim unemployment benefit when working in Thailand. Foreigners cannot claim such benefits when in UK.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

As an aside, foreigners can claim unemployment benefit when working in Thailand. Foreigners cannot claim such benefits when in UK.

Foreigners working in the U.K can claim unemployment benefit and numerous other benefits

27 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Foreigners get all types of benefits when in the UK. Free accomodation in hotels for example. But don't worry it only costs UK taxpayers 8 million a day.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-66855830

Try that in Thailand. You'll be locked up in IDC until you can pay for a flight out. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Foreigners get all types of benefits when in the UK. Free accomodation in hotels for example. But don't worry it only costs UK taxpayers 8 million a day.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-66855830

Try that in Thailand. You'll be locked up in IDC until you can pay for a flight out. 

I said " those working". Like for like.

Changing the subject does not change the truth.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you mean on a tourist visa ?

Then they wouldn't be working then 

If they work and pay tax, then they can claim benefits 

No, I don't mean a tourist visa.

Work visa, lose your job, lose your visa, leave the country. No benefits.

Spouse/ family visa, working too, paying tax and NI, cannot claim benefits.

No, I don't mean a tourist visa.

Work visa, lose your job, lose your visa, leave the country. No benefits.

Spouse/ family visa, working too, paying tax and NI, cannot claim benefits.

So if they lose their working visa and leave the U.K

Then they wouldn't be working in the U.K.

Having a temporary UK work visa doesn't give you the right to claim U.K benefits for the rest of your life in the UK

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So if they lose their working visa and leave the U.K

Then they wouldn't be working in the U.K.

Having a temporary UK work visa doesn't give you the right to claim U.K benefits for the rest of your life in the UK

I don't recall ever claiming they could.

As I said, those in UK on a visa and working cannot claim benefits. Foreigners working in Thailand are entitled to claim, in line with rules for Thais.

On 12/10/2023 at 7:05 PM, Doctor Tom said:

The limit is £38,700.  Frankly, if your income, pre tax, is below this, you have no business sponsoring anyone into the country.  

£38,000 = no spouse or family life.......you have to a be a true blue.

I don't recall ever claiming they could.

As I said, those in UK on a visa and working cannot claim benefits. Foreigners working in Thailand are entitled to claim, in line with rules for Thais.

What do you mean "on a visa" ?

All foreigners  will be "on a visa" 

If you lose your job in Thailand, you also lose your work visa . so you cannot claim benefits in Thailand 

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What do you mean "on a visa" ?

All foreigners  will be "on a visa" 

If you lose your job in Thailand, you also lose your work visa . so you cannot claim benefits in Thailand 

I've explained so many times. 

Those in the UK on a working visa cannot claim benefits. Those on spouse/family visa also cannot, even if they are working.

Foreigners working in Thailand can claim unemployment benefits, in line with rules for Thais. One does not need to be on a "work visa"(I assume you mean NonB) to work in Thailand. 

Edited by youreavinalaff

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've explained so many times. 

Those in the UK on a working visa cannot claim benefits. Those on spouse/family visa also cannot, even if they are working.

Foreigners working in Thailand can claim unemployment benefits, in line with rules for Thais. One does not need to be on a "work visa"(I assume you mean NonB) to work in Thailand. 

Ah, now I understand . 

You initially claimed that Foreigners cannot claim  benefits when in UK. , but you changed that to people on working visas cannot claim benefits . 

Two different things 

Foreigners can claim befits in the UK depending on which visa they have 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Ah, now I understand . 

You initially claimed that Foreigners cannot claim  benefits when in UK. , but you changed that to people on working visas cannot claim benefits . 

Two different things 

Foreigners can claim befits in the UK depending on which visa they have 

No.

I added " not when on a visa" to your first reply. I did not specify work visas.

Those in UK on working visas or spouse/ family visas, even if working, cannot claim.

No.

I added " not when on a visa" to your first reply. I did not specify work visas.

Those in UK on working visas or spouse/ family visas, even if working, cannot claim.

The UK Government clamped down on that to stop mail order brides and people marrying Asians just to get more benefits .