Illegal Bangkok Bar Raided, 100-Plus Drug Users Found

webfact

19 minutes ago, joonchan said:

Sorry, I don't understand something, aren't the police supposed to be doing this kind of raid???  All the countries (Japan, South Korea & US) I've lived in or visited normally the police did type of work, no?

Of course this is the cops' job but the local cops won't take any action because the bribes from these big pubs are a big source of income to them. If they are  brought in the loop, they will warn the pub and it will be closed that night. Anutin uses the excuse that the licenses are issued by district offices which are under DOPA at his interior ministry.  In this case the pub didn't even have a license which is quite common because the licenses for a large entertainment venue are quite hard to get and need to meet some basic standards like fire exits. Many are designed in a way that they can never pass anyway. The owners find it easier to just pay a flat fee or even a share of profits to the local station commander, some of which gets shared out amongst his men.  If any other cops were involved, you can be sure they were not local police or even Bkk Metropolitan police HQ which gets income up the pipe from the local cop shops but from one of the national police units with SWAT teams like Central Investigation Bureau or Crime Suppression Bureau which is part of the CIB that are not benefitting from the revenue flow from pubs. The interior ministry also has its own DOPA SWAT team which is now Anutin's private militia.  Since he didn't have police to the pee pee tests, he brought in the Office of the Narcotics Control Board to handle the golden liquid.

Having said all of that I would not surprised, if the pub was back in business after a year or two after greasing the right palms - perhaps when Anutin is gone from the interior ministry.  

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

If police raided  the bar mostly thais i imagine a few farangs too.All with a pee test if turned purple they will go to rehab weekly or mthly.Name noted families probadly know too,until clear or not purple then the case is over.Happened to my friend and that is what happened and how she got caught in cnx a few yrs ago

13 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

What does "Minister-cum-interior" stand for exactly? :unsure:

I'm no English native speaker (in case this refers to an English langauge term) and not familiar with Thai politics, so sorry for my ignorance. :sad:

He likes to 'cum'?

On 12/11/2023 at 5:54 AM, pepi2005 said:

What does "Minister-cum-interior" stand for exactly? :unsure:

I'm no English native speaker (in case this refers to an English langauge term) and not familiar with Thai politics, so sorry for my ignorance. :sad:

I think it means he doesnt pull out, he just lets go inside. :whistling:

10 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

100% he did this for the photo-opp and news report, all part of his plan to be PM ASAP

Maybe.

Or maybe he knew the local popo are crooked as a dog's hind leg and nobody would do it if he didn't.

Personally, I don't know in this case or with this guy.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:07 AM, spidermike007 said:

People can't just go out to a bar or a club and enjoy a few drinks anymore, half the crowd was doing drugs? What on Earth is going on, what are these people thinking, why are their lives so incredibly unfulfilling? 

At 30 baht a tablet, and 180 baht for  little bottle of beer, I wonder why?