Experts say lowest ever PISA score is a wakeup call for Thailand’s failing education system

snoop1130

On 12/14/2023 at 5:00 PM, keith101 said:

You can't blame the students the failure lies squarely with teachers and their obvious lack of skill and or knowledge in actual teaching

I'm guessing you are not a teacher. I'm also guessing you are not a teacher in Thailand. Maybe your teachers also failed in your education as you seem to have very low skills in punctuation.

Are we talking about education οr schools baby parking?

Schools, as in the West, have become baby parking in order for guardians to get rid of their children......But too bad because there are education platforms for a €1-€2 subscription a year underage students can watch online repetitions of the week's lessons.My friend in a school of 200 students pays €2.5 subscription......a year for his underage daughter. In addition, students can attend online foreign language lessons.

Responcible is Thai Education Ministry to find appropriate edu platforms for students in each class grade and to be to equipped the ministry with server that cost €50.000.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:00 PM, keith101 said:

You can't blame the students the failure lies squarely with teachers and their obvious lack of skill and or knowledge in actual teaching

Raise the standards of teachers and pay them a living wage. This new govt. have earmarked 2 a measly 2.4% of GD for education. They need to start investing in their Human Resources and more science,technical and vocational training.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, brianthainess said:

My mate, walked right up to the stage in assembly and asked who taught his girl English, and in front of the whole school berated the teacher. To cut a long story short they asked HIM to correct their book, he said NO I pay 6k a term YOU sort it out. that was about 10yrs ago.

What a horrible way to behave.  I'd be surprised if any pupils would want to learn English if it meant having to associate more with people like him.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, greeneking said:

What a horrible way to behave.  I'd be surprised if any pupils would want to learn English if it meant having to associate more with people like him.

And what about his 8yr Daughter who had come home in tears, because she had not got 10 out of 10, for spelling because the day before he had checked her homework, 2 nights before where she had written THAY and he had told her that was wrong, it is THEY, to which she already knew, but wanted to write, thay as was written from school because she wanted to keep her 10/10 score, I was there at the time and she was crying then, he said love go get the dictionary and look, ''but daddy I know,'' just go check, so she wrote THEY, and came home in tears because of her score. That is why he personally took her to school instead of her normal minibus. The other pupils never had to associate with him until that morning, he wasn't shouting or behaving badly. 

So you would let a school teach your child incorrectly. Says a lot about you.