The Children of Gaza = More than 7000 Killed.

CharlieH

Just now, Morch said:

What is up with your lies?

I did condemn him in posts on here, and it's not exactly news even. Not for anyone who's been following things.

You act like you've got some 'a-ha' moment, you don't.

You got as far as "poor choices" LOL. Or was that somebody else? What words did you use to "condemn" him?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

You got as far as "poor choices" LOL. Or was that somebody else? What words did you use to "condemn" him?

As said - you do not read topics.

This was discussed before.

It was mentioned on topic years ago.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Precisely what words did you use to condemn Netanyahu? I'm calling BS on your claim.

Precisely? Read the topics. Read past topics.

Why do you think you are entitled to jump into discussions and demand things be spoon-fed to you?

BS? That's all you've got on offer.

Making claims you can't back up, lying about other posters positions or what was posted.

That's how you roll.

Just now, Morch said:

Precisely? Read the topics. Read past topics.

Why do you think you are entitled to jump into discussions and demand things be spoon-fed to you?

BS? That's all you've got on offer.

Making claims you can't back up, lying about other posters positions or what was posted.

That's how you roll.

The rules of the forum allow me to read and respond as I see fit. I have neither the time or inclination to read and respond to all of the posts in any given topic. You're nit picking because you've got nothing better.

Just now, ozimoron said:

The rules of the forum allow me to read and respond as I see fit. I have neither the time or inclination to read and respond to all of the posts in any given topic. You're nit picking because you've got nothing better.

You are not allowed to troll, though.

And jumping in on a topic, claiming things people said or haven't said, demanding 'proof' and so on - that qualifies.

I am not nitpicking - you're doing this on a regular basis.

It's how you roll. You do not know much on the subject matter, so what you offer instead is hot air, bogus claims and an attitude.

Human Rights Watch on Monday accused Israel of intentionally starving the civilian population in the Gaza Strip, citing comments from high-ranking officials and interviews with displaced Palestinian people in the Hamas-run enclave.

“Israeli forces are deliberately blocking the delivery of water, food, and fuel, while willfully impeding humanitarian assistance, apparently razing agricultural areas, and depriving the civilian population of objects indispensable to their survival,”

Human Rights Watch charged in a statement.

Among other comments, the statement cited Defense Minister Yoav Gallant on October 9, two days after the Hamas terror group’s murderous rampage in southern Israel, announcing that he had ordered “a complete siege on the Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/human-rights-watch-claims-israel-starving-gaza-civilians-as-a-method-of-warfare/

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

“I’m proud that I prevented the establishment of a Palestinian state because today everybody understands what that Palestine state could have been,” he said at a news conference Saturday night. “Now that we’ve seen the little Palestinian state in Gaza, everyone understands what would have happened if we had capitulated to international pressures and enabled a state like that” on the West Bank.

Mr. Netanyahu is hoping to hold on to power after the war, despite popular fury that Hamas built itself into a military power and invaded Israel on his watch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/17/world/middleeast/netanyahu-israel-gaza-hostages-politics.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why don't they just surrender and become part of Isreal?  

That would end the war. 

They are the same people. The only difference is their stupid religions. 

It's crazy in this day and age people will wage war and see innocent children and their famlies get killed due to being stubborn about made up religious beliefs and land borders. 

We are all humans and all the same. Why on earth can't people just relax and get along?

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

That would end the war. 

It's crazy in this day and age people will wage war and see innocent children and their famlies get killed due to being stubborn about made up religious beliefs and land borders. 

We are all humans and all the same. Why on earth can't people just relax and get along?

Why doesn't Israel just open the vote and submit to the majority Palestinian vote? I'm not advocating this but it's the counterpoint to your question. I do agree, the insanity is that this is a religious (racist) war.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Why doesn't Israel just open the vote and submit to the majority Palestinian vote? I'm not advocating this but it's the counterpoint to your question. I do agree, the insanity is that this is a religious (racist) war.

It's not a religious war. It's a geopolitical conflict.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not a religious war. It's a geopolitical conflict.

I agree. I said that before. My claim above is that it's insane to claim it's a religious war. Which also means that criticism of Israel is, by definition, not religiously motivated but political as you suggest.

Auschwitz Museum Decries Israeli Mayor's 'Sick' Call to 'Empty' Gaza

The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Poland on Sunday decried what critics called genocidal remarks by the mayor of an Israeli town who said all of Gaza should be ethnically cleansed of Palestinians and turned into a museum like the notorious Nazi death camp.

"The whole Gaza Strip needs to be empty. Just like in Auschwitz," Metula Mayor David Azoulai said in a radio interview on Sunday, according to The Times of Israel. 

https://www.rawstory.com/auschwitz-museum-decries-israeli-mayor-s-sick-call-to-empty-gaza/

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I agree. I said that before. My claim above is that it's insane to claim it's a religious war. Which also means that criticism of Israel is, by definition not religiously motivated but political as you suggest.

That's quite a stretch buddy.

Some criticism of Israel is related to Jew hatred and some isn't.

Also once again you've made the error of conflating Judaism with the Jewish people 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's quite a stretch buddy.

Some criticism of Israel is related to Jew hatred and some isn't.

Also once again you've made the error of conflating Judaism with the Jewish people 

I have done no such thing. You continue to cast slurs and unsupported false allegations at me. I have made it very, very, very clear that I accuse Israel only of war crimes and nothing else. You continue to vicariously misrepresent my position. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

How would you feel if a group of  marauding barbarians comes in to your home on a sleepy Sabbath morning, burn, loot, rape, murder 1,200 of your people and kidnap old and sick people many of whom are children ?

would you have a whole lot of love for them? and mind you, those people, many of whom works and earn a living in Israel,

enjoy social care and aid courtesy of the Israeli government and it's people... Hate them? not really, they should hate themselves and the way of life they chose and the people who they allowed to bring this catastrophe on themselves...

Seriously, it's like you completely ignore the israeli occupation and oppression for past many decades, and were living in peace and harmony with Palestinians till one day they out of nowhere decided to go and kill israelis.

You even seem to think Palestinians should be grateful to israelis for allowing them to go work for israelis on what used to be Palestinian land till Euro people far away decided to take it away from them.

It's like you are not even aware that israelis raid West Bank Palestinians all the time, destroying their infrastructure with bulldozers, destroying their houses, and even killing them.

It's like you are not even aware that settlers are illegally occupying Palestinian land and forcing the legal occupants out of their own land and houses, all done under the eyes of the israeli military.

If israelis live in fear of Palestinians, they need to look at what they did to create that.

As the secretary general of the UN said, October 7 "did not take place in a vacuum".

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

That would end the war. 

Israel to my knowledge doesn't allow non Jews to become israeli citizens ( the present Arab citizens of israel were already living in the area that became israel and hadn't been driven out ), and definitely don't allow any Palestinan refugees living outside the israeli/ West Bank border to return to their own property.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Israel to my knowledge doesn't allow non Jews to become israeli citizens ( the present Arab citizens of israel were already living in the area that became israel and hadn't been driven out ), and definitely don't allow any Palestinan refugees living outside the israeli/ West Bank border to return to their own property.

Wow really?  Well, that goes to show how racist they are! 

Both sides of this war are as bad as each other.  Let them fight it out themselves. We can't solve these problems for these people. They will never be happy with any compromise. 

They don't care about their civillians, the children....those in power only care about getting more control and more power.. 

Fancy Isreal not allowing non Jews to become citizens. Imagine their anger if the UK, Europe of America did allow Jews to become citizens! Idiots. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Wow really?  Well, that goes to show how racist they are! 

Both sides of this war are as bad as each other.  Let them fight it out themselves. We can't solve these problems for these people. They will never be happy with any compromise. 

They don't care about their civillians, the children....those in power only care about getting more control and more power.. 

Fancy Isreal not allowing non Jews to become citizens. Imagine their anger if the UK, Europe of America did allow Jews to become citizens! Idiots. 

You listened to that extremist lying Israel demonizer?

Israeli citizenship is open to non Jews upon application criteria.

But it is open to most Jews based on Jewish ancestry.

But guess what?

Many countries offer citizenship based on ancestry.

But Jew haters focus on Israel.

Also note that the rest of the Arab world and Middle East is almost completely Jew free.

Google Jewish nakba.

It's pathetic. Haters obsess about the existence of one tiny Jewish state in a world with so many Islamic, Christian, Buddhist majority countries.

As far as allowing Arab right of return beyond the existing 20 percent Arabs that are Israelis, Israel can never do that and remain Israel.  The Arabs would become a majority and end the point of Israel, the one nation homeland with a Jewish majority.

Of course Jew haters and Israel demonizers would love that.

Israel isn't about to commit suicide to please their enemies. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your knowledge is flawed.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, Morch said:

True to Independent form, they managed a heart breaking (it is) account, while dropping any mention of what prompted Israel's offensive, or even acknowledging Israeli children were murdered.

These thousands of children would have been alive today, if it was not for the Hamas 7/10 attack.

The only truth is “he who has the gold makes the rules” and controls the narratives. 

after 75 years of illegal occupation, blockades, oppression, apartheid and biased news from the mass media? 

Hamas attack does not mean attack on civilians. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You listened to that extremist lying Israel demonizer?

Israeli citizenship is open to non Jews upon application criteria.

But it is open to most Jews based on Jewish ancestry.

But guess what?

Many countries offer citizenship based on ancestry.

But Jew haters focus on Israel.

Also note that the rest of the Arab world and Middle East is almost completely Jew free.

Google Jewish nakba.

It's pathetic. Haters obsess about the existence of one tiny Jewish state in a world with so many Islamic, Christian, Buddhist majority countries.

As far as allowing Arab right of return beyond the existing 20 percent Arabs that are Israelis, Israel can never do that and remain Israel.  The Arabs would become a majority and end the point of Israel, the one nation homeland with a Jewish majority.

Of course Jew haters and Israel demonizers would love that.

Israel isn't about to commit suicide to please their enemies. 

Couldn't possibly have a real democracy. So what happens to these millions of refugees? They spend the rest of their lives in forced exile to suit Israeli nationalism? What do you think should happen to them?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Zab1e said:

The only truth is “he who has the gold makes the rules” and controls the narratives. 

after 75 years of illegal occupation, blockades, oppression, apartheid and biased news from the mass media? 

Hamas attack does not mean attack on civilians. 

Are you for real?

The Independent usual line is anti-Israeli and pro-Palestinian.

Many other media outlets, channels and venues are the same.

So who controls the Independent's narrative, then?

I've no idea what your last line was supposed to mean.

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Couldn't possibly have a real democracy. So what happens to these millions of refugees? They spend the rest of their lives in forced exile to suit Israeli nationalism? What do you think should happen to them?

They could be offered a path to a citizenship by their current host countries, or others. Same as many refugees elsewhere. Considering many of them live for a long time in their host countries, assimilation should be less of a problem. If and when there's a Palestinian State - it may choose to allow all of them back to it's borders, grant them citizenship and all the rest.

Jews that formerly lived in Arab countries and fled/left post 1948 faced a similar situation.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

They could be offered a path to a citizenship by their current host countries, or others. Same as many refugees elsewhere. Considering many of them live for a long time in their host countries, assimilation should be less of a problem. If and when there's a Palestinian State - it may choose to allow all of them back to it's borders, grant them citizenship and all the rest.

Jews that formerly lived in Arab countries and fled/left post 1948 faced a similar situation.

The same argument could be applied to the centuries that Jews spent in Europe if one was so inclined. Many of the Jews who went to Israel from Europe and Russia after WW2 could surely not trace any ancestors back to the holy land, other than to point to their religion? All of them were citizens of their host countries. That's the essence of your argument, that they've been away so long it doesn't matter. Let alone the question of living in a refugee camp.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The same argument could be applied to the centuries that Jews spent in Europe if one was so inclined. Many of the Jews who went to Israel from Europe and Russia after WW2 could surely not trace any ancestors back to the holy land, other than to point to their religion? All of them were citizens of their host countries. That's the essence of your argument, that they've been away so long it doesn't matter. Let alone the question of living in a refugee camp.

No, that would be you twisting things again.

I'm not that interested in your opinion that Israel should not exist and so on.

Same for your questioning of Jews right to the land and so on.

They are pointless.

What I am addressing is a current situation and the question you raised in relation to it.

Realistically, what I posted is where it's at.

There will be no mass return of Palestinians to Israel, even if you feel strongly about it, and even if you feel it's unjust.

• Like 1