Missing Finnish Man Found Safe in Patong after Losing Contact with Family in Finland

webfact

2 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

At least the one on the right will get a much needed fashion makeover by the jailhouse ladyboys.  That flowery shirt is dreadful.

This is a very common fantasy amongst some members of AN 

This must be the great economic success of the highly celebrated North-European social democracy, that every one in this world envies!

This model makes such marvels that Finnish kids have to scam their own parents in order to finish their holidays in a much more affordable country!

And shall I mention all those cheap Scamdinavians coming on holiday to Hua Hin, and at the same time pressuring local tailors and dressmakers to make cheap prices to the point of not even covering all costs??

And that shall be the successful North-European model??

• Confused 5

On one hand this is dreadfully what this ahole has done to his parents but on the other I find it amusing that people from around the world are now coming to Thailand to fake being arrested by the world class RTP but then the other people are paying them because it's the way the police here extort money from everyone, world class coppers

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, JayClay said:

if they're planning to go off-grid for any significant amount of time,

The Finn has been incommunicado for 12 days .FFS That is nothing.

His parents should stop curtain twitching.

My son lives about 7500 miles away. I haven't talked to him for longer. I haven't filed a police report.

No news is good news.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

The Finn has been incommunicado for 12 days .FFS That is nothing

If you usually heard from your father, daughter, best friend, whatever every day and all of a sudden you didn't hear from them for 12 days in a row, you would not be worried?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Modern Coding said:

This must be the great economic success of the highly celebrated North-European social democracy, that every one in this world envies!

This model makes such marvels that Finnish kids have to scam their own parents in order to finish their holidays in a much more affordable country!

And shall I mention all those cheap Scamdinavians coming on holiday to Hua Hin, and at the same time pressuring local tailors and dressmakers to make cheap prices to the point of not even covering all costs??

And that shall be the successful North-European model??

All those cheap Scandinavians? What are you on about?

Well, asking for 7000 Euro is a bit too much to extend your holiday, IMO.

And, the parents apparently sent the money already, then contacted the police due to no contact with the kid.

Probably the worst criminal in the world, because he was too drunk or too high to simply thank the parents for the money in a timely manner, which would have avoided the cops getting involved.

Now, it will probably be the police who will benefit from the 7000 Euros, and I don't see any jail time for the kid, because there was no actual crime committed in Thailand, and the cops will be more than happy with confiscation of the proceeds......

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bangkok Post. That's why I didn't link it.  There's more to news sources than AN's aggregations!

You are correct. There is also the Phuket Express and TNN International who also carried the story. But not the Nation yesterday

Also what you forgot to mention is that this is NOT the original post but a completely new follow up post 48 hours later which is why I asked where you goy the information from.

I know that you cannot link articles from the Bangkok Post directly but you are allowed to mention their name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Well scamming your parents has to be the low of the low 😱

These 2 quality Tourists need to go to 

Jail and deported back to Finland 🇫🇮 

It seem that Mr A is already 141 days into overstay. It would be interesting to know if he is locked up in the Immigration IDC or in the regular police Bangkok 'Hilton'.

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

If you usually heard from your father, daughter, best friend, whatever every day and all of a sudden you didn't hear from them for 12 days in a row, you would not be worried?

I would be proud of them for finally moving out of the basement with daily requests to you! 

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I know that you cannot link articles from the Bangkok Post directly but you are allowed to mention their name.

I know, that's why I quoted the name "Bangkok Post" in my response to your question!

"Also what you forgot to mention is that this is NOT the original post but a completely new follow up post 48 hours later"

The article in the Bangkok Post was not 48 hours after this thread started, I did not "forget" to mention that.