Fire Destroys Luxury Sedan Belonging to Police Officer in Kathu

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong-A fire in Kathu destroyed a luxury sedan belonging to a Patong Police officer.

Firefighters from the Patong Municipality were notified of the fire after midnight on Friday (December 15th) in front of a hotel near a gas station on the Phra Baramee Road in Kathu.

image.jpeg

Firefighters with a fire engine and the Phuket Express reporters arrived at the scene to find the sedan was already heavily ablaze. The area was temporarily blocked to traffic while firefighters put out the fire which took half an hour.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-12-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

In the first 'still' the car on fire looks like an Accord, Teana or Camry. The flames in the still seem to be going along the road so maybe that's ICE fuel running out before ignition. Smoke looks too grey to be a diesel fire but it's hard to guess.

As most people are interested simply in the facts, why don't the reports carry this simple point, ICE (more likely) or EV.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

In the first 'still' the car on fire looks like an Accord, Teana or Camry. The flames in the still seem to be going along the road so maybe that's ICE fuel running out before ignition. Smoke looks too grey to be a diesel fire but it's hard to guess.

As most people are interested simply in the facts, why don't the reports carry this simple point, ICE (more likely) or EV.

I would go with ev or hybrid  as a good bet. Petrol/diesel fires normally ignite and burn under the hood and not under the seats where the batteries are stored.  I personally would not let my family go in an EV I think they are far to dangerous.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What's a policeman doing with a luxury sedan? 

It's (was) only an ordinary BMW, many Thais are able to buy them so why not a police officer, especially the Deputy Chief of Police?   Have you never heard of financing or trading up, how many people, generally, buy their cars outright?

11 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

BMW.

24 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I would go with ev or hybrid  as a good bet. Petrol/diesel fires normally ignite and burn under the hood

"Petrol/diesel fires normally ignite and burn under the hood".

From the remarkably clear OP..."

"All of a sudden, smoke began coming out from the engine room in front".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

how many people, generally, buy their cars outright?

That is the only way I have/would ever buy a car!  I have had a few in my time and all bought new from saloons-sports cars to Range Rovers except for my first car which was a 2nd hand MG Midget!

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

how many people, generally, buy their cars outright?

That is the only way I have/would ever buy a car!  I have had a few in my time and all bought new from saloons-sports cars to Range Rovers except for my first car which was a 2nd hand MG Midget!

But you're, clearly, not most people in Thailand.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

I asked you, your knowledge, experience and training on car fires, as I believe you have none, and you are so thin skinned you report post and it gets removed?

If you want real knowledge on car fires ask someone who knows what he is talking about, not some amateur on youtube.

Seems you don't like facts, if it does not meet your agenda.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

George I did not report your post so as i said before, grow up !

I have no agenda, though I do wonder why we can't be told the type of vehicle it was.

Ah... the OP said....it was a luxury sedan....there you have it! :whistling:

So many odd comments on this thread. Of course it is a point of interest whether its another ICE fire or an EV. On reflection, I agree with Britscot's comment about the appearance of the fire but anyway it's statistically  more likely to be an ICE fire. I don't know why the ICE/EV question is not dealt with in the reports, as if it were a secret.

Nothing wrong with a policeman of any rank having a car of that type - as I said before, maybe it's old or maybe he has a loan. Up to him how he spends his money