Questioned and nearly denied entry at BKK

On 12/17/2023 at 5:52 AM, VinnieK said:

True..but you can turn back at no cost and say gbye to this rigmarole.

I hear ,a neatly folded 500b item in the pport, can perform wonders.

As others have said..if you have abused the visa system,avoid coming in by plane.

500 baht. You stingy barsta

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Why don't you quit farting about, get married and acquire THAT visa instead of playing lucky dip at border hops?

This just in... The person checking your passport at the airport or land border works for the Royal Thai Police Immigration Division, not the Revenue Department.

Hope this helps.

Come on, as if he has a girlfriend he is planning to marry..:biggrin:

On 12/17/2023 at 2:16 AM, tmax said:

I have not returned to my home country in a while

Your home country being the USA, by any chance? If so, then what have you got to say about American immigration officers who appear to take great delight in subjecting Americans and non-Americans alike who have, in their eyes. the temerity to want to set foot on their hallowed turf to a Spanish Inquisition-style interrogation in a particularly aggressive and overbearing manner?

Or are only Thai immigration officers to be demonised for indulging in such practices in your view, whereas we should all, on the other hand, be skipping up and down our sois in a state of unbridled ecstasy, fulsomely singing the praises of their American counteparts to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread?

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2023 at 3:27 AM, daveAustin said:

Not surprised. Tougher nowadays with lots of stamps. You should get a real visa through marriage, that’ll satisfy them. Only problem is you’ll have to put up with wives and families n shiit. 👍

Its better tunneling in instead of getting married.  

• Haha 2

On 12/17/2023 at 3:27 AM, daveAustin said:

Not surprised. Tougher nowadays with lots of stamps. You should get a real visa through marriage, that’ll satisfy them. Only problem is you’ll have to put up with wives and families n shiit. 👍

And don’t put <deleted> in females name , it’s costly but I got  my truck back 

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, tmax said:

I am following the rules buddy

Sort of, kind of, maybe.

Whether you can keep coming and going is not of my concern. Since I do enjoy living in Thailand, I understand why you like being here. Because the system exists as it does, you are not breaking any rules, though maybe, sort of, kind of abusing what's there. Still, it's up to Thailand if they don't like what you are doing.

I suspect things will change and become more difficult to come and go as you do. The main reason is probably not that Thailand doesn't want you (TAT probably LOVES you long time, because each entry is another notch on TAT's Tourist Numbers Bedpost), but rather that Immigration guys have authority, and damn if they don't want to use it. Best you spend some time thinking of alternative ways to be here. That's advice, not criticism.

Over the years I've visited Thailand many times. I came just before Covid on a 30-day Tourists Visa, then got stranded. I enjoyed the amnesty, and then decided I wanted to stay longer term, so I bought a business and switched to a Non-B Business Visa. Because of Covid, I was able to switch Tourist to Non-B without ever leaving the country. Not sure if one can still do that. If you're under 50 (no Retirement Visa), but have some cash, why not buy something here? It's always a good idea to have a challenge, as too many who retire young end up glued to a barstool for what becomes a shorter lifespan. Then you have the challenge of running something, deepening the relationship with your GF, and enjoying Thailand for as long as you want.

• Agree 1

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

There is no database, or note on your record.

Come in on another day, another IO, through a less hostile airport and you'll 'probably' be ok.

In the end, having built up a life here, the 'probably' along with the associated anxiety each trip wasnt worth it.

I went for an elite visa - I figured it cheaper than a marriage visa.

My first 2 years in Thailand I got a 1 year Non-O multi for 'visiting friends', in the UK for 100quid.  Easier times.

PS I dont 'get' all the naysayers - this panto is common for people living here on tourist visas.

I had trouble coming into BKK from London last September on a multi-entry non-o marriage visa.

They asked why I had been to Savannakhet so many times to get previous visas and started grilling me about if I’ve come to work.

Luckily my wife was with me and spotted me not getting through, she then gave the officer an earful and let me through.

Not sure if I’m on some list, or they don’t like Savannakhet visa runs, but next time I’ll be getting the Non-O from UK instead.

Not the thing I’d expect entering on an existing visa and being present with my wife. Maybe I should have brought some proof of funds.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

PS I dont 'get' all the naysayers - this panto is common for people living here on tourist visas.

Don't mind those with the patience and ability to border-bounce ad infinitum.

Don't care for those that do the above, but post their FIGJAM here.

• Sad 1