Hostages were carrying white cloth when shot, IDF says

CharlieH

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

No surprises there. Everybody else looks at the evidence itself. Nobody "Believes" Hamas terrorists.

Yes I'm still waiting for evidence from you when you accused me of lying, but as for evidence from IDF ands their maps:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/new-idf-map-splits-gaza-into-hundreds-of-zones-residents-will-be-warned-of-active-combat/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I prefer to believe the IDF over Hamas terrorists

Up to you. I tend not to believe any government or military outpourings unless it can be independently verified.

All governments and militaries are biased in their own way. They happily publish and flaunt things that make them look good (at least in their eyes) yet downplay, ignore or simply deny things that make them look bad.

If it is bad they will blame the opposition, the media, the social media the people of the country, anybody but themselves.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Up to you. I tend not to believe any government or military outpourings unless it can be independently verified.

All governments and militaries are biased in their own way. They happily publish and flaunt things that make them look good (at least in their eyes) yet downplay, ignore or simply deny things that make them look bad.

If it is bad they will blame the opposition, the media, the social media the people of the country, anybody but themselves.

Yep up to me correct, terrorists or the governments/military. Yep still go for the governments/military especially when the evidence is there which it is.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And you seem to believe that everything that the IDF and the is the trurg and that they would never tell a lie.

The maps being published, and the public announcements regarding attacks are facts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No surprises there. Everybody else looks at the evidence itself. Nobody "Believes" Hamas terrorists.

You do not deal with 'facts', but dish your opinions, which you treat as 'facts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

@billd766

You routinely treat information provided by Hamas as credible.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So you don't believe that these hostages  were waving white flags and that they were shot by the IDF?

The IDF said they were carrying white flags and shot by them  and you don't believe them ?

You think that they weren't carrying white flags and they weren't killed by the IDF ?

The only reports come from the IDF and they weren't independently verified by anyone else 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep up to me correct, terrorists or the governments/military. Yep still go for the governments/military especially when the evidence is there which it is.

It is also up to me whether I believe or disbelieve.

This is why I prefer independent verification and not believe what is written in the first instance.

What is the difference, in your opinion, between a terrorist and a freedom fighter?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

This is why I prefer independent verification and not believe what is written in the first instance.

I couldn't care less about what you believe or not, your the one following me around...........:cheesy:

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What is the difference, in your opinion, between a terrorist and a freedom fighter?

Oh gawd............more nonsense

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I couldn't care less about what you believe or not, your the one following me around...........:cheesy:

Oh gawd............more nonsense

Why is it, in your opinion, nonsense? Do you not have an answer, or was the question too difficult for you?

OK. I will try to keep it simple for you.

Was Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. a terrorist or a freedom fighter?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Why is it, in your opinion, nonsense? Do you not have an answer, or was the question too difficult for you?

Was Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa. a terrorist or a freedom fighter?

🥱

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

An off topic question 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Now listen Bild , You aren't going to convince anyone that Hamas are freedom fighters and not terrorists .

No ones going to say, *Actually Bild, you are right, Hamas are freedom fighters and not terrorists *

You may as well save time and effort and not bother trying to convince 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Now listen Bild , You aren't going to convince anyone that Hamas are freedom fighters and not terrorists .

No ones going to say, *Actually Bild, you are right, Hamas are freedom fighters and not terrorists *

And you aren't going to convince anybody that the IDF are just defending their citizens by carpet bombing refugee camps.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Still waiting for a credible link to this unsubstantiated claim.

Citing estimates of damage to urban areas, military analysts say the destruction of northern Gaza in less than seven weeks has approached that caused by the years-long carpet-bombing of German cities during the second world war.

https://www.ft.com/content/7b407c2e-8149-4d83-be01-72dcae8aee7b

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Citing estimates of damage to urban areas, military analysts say the destruction of northern Gaza in less than seven weeks has approached that caused by the years-long carpet-bombing of German cities during the second world war.

https://www.ft.com/content/7b407c2e-8149-4d83-be01-72dcae8aee7b

You don’t get this. Can you read your own post. Can you read what you claimed?

28 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

And you aren't going to convince anybody that the IDF are just defending their citizens by carpet bombing refugee camps.

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Indiscriminate  bombing and carpet bombing are opposites (in meaning)

Carpet bombing is bombing one particular place with lots of bombs and indiscriminate  bombing is just firing bombs anywhere .

Two different meanings 

Just like "war and "conflict" huh? A distinction without a difference. Gaza is one particular place, it is not the gobi desert.

• Like 1

Just like "war and "conflict" huh? A distinction without a difference. Gaza is one particular place, it is not the gobi desert.

You are now claiming no difference in carpet bombing and indiscriminate bombing. Can you articulate that in a way that provides some logic to your claim?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Exactly, not going to waste time on such extreme comparisons, to even suggest it shows just how far removed from reality he really is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You are now claiming no difference in carpet bombing and indiscriminate bombing. Can you articulate that in a way that provides some logic to your claim?

The two terms mean exactly the same thing. Again.

The term area bombing refers to indiscriminate bombing of an area and also encompasses cases of carpet bombing, including obliteration bombing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_bombing

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1698763341798?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=2YkC

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/from-precision-devastation-unraveling-impact-legality-wesam-tqcsf

From Precision to Devastation: Unraveling the Impact and Legality of Israel's Modern Carpet Bombing Tactics in Gaza

The evolution of these military tactics has translated into a contemporary iteration of carpet bombing, characterized by the systematic erasure of civilian areas. The human cost is immense, with countless lives lost and entire communities shattered.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

1698763341798?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=2YkC

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/from-precision-devastation-unraveling-impact-legality-wesam-tqcsf

From Precision to Devastation: Unraveling the Impact and Legality of Israel's Modern Carpet Bombing Tactics in Gaza

The evolution of these military tactics has translated into a contemporary iteration of carpet bombing, characterized by the systematic erasure of civilian areas. The human cost is immense, with countless lives lost and entire communities shattered.

Exclusive: Nearly half of the Israeli munitions dropped on Gaza are imprecise ‘dumb bombs,’ US intelligence assessment finds | CNN Politics

The sad image you have posted, along with numerous others like it on the internet, serves as evidence of the consequences when Israel employs dumb bombs with complete disregard for the safety of innocent civilians.

Not sure who is dumb here, the bomb or the war criminal who use them in the first place.

• Agree 1