Best RardNa in Chiang Mai?

McTavish

Anyone have a favourite rardna restaurant you'd like to share.  Mine is Kwan's Kitchen on Canal Rd, Mae Hia.

Always tasty and filled with quality veggies and meat: chicken, pork or prawns, it's the best I've had anywhere.

image.png.ac249eb3052e321c4ac59b681087a256.png

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, McTavish said:

rardna

What is 'rardna?"  I do better if a Thai food is written in Thai or in transliterated Thai as English translation of Thai word suck.

ราดหน้า doesn't have an English equivalent.  The best I can ascertain is "topping."  "Topping" for what?  What is it?

• Sad 1

😃

When I order it sounds like... lahdnah.  

The one I like best is not so far from Mae Hia.  It's just South of Hang Dong road.  Extra large size (peesate) with pork is 45฿....and it is quite a large serving with plenty of decent quality pork.

Bon appétit.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1vaELM9MU3L94wHJA

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, McTavish said:

Anyone have a favourite rardna restaurant you'd like to share.  Mine is Kwan's Kitchen on Canal Rd, Mae Hia.

Always tasty and filled with quality veggies and meat: chicken, pork or prawns, it's the best I've had anywhere.

image.png.ac249eb3052e321c4ac59b681087a256.png

1 hour ago, connda said:

What is 'rardna?"  I do better if a Thai food is written in Thai or in transliterated Thai as English translation of Thai word suck.

ราดหน้า doesn't have an English equivalent.  The best I can ascertain is "topping."  "Topping" for what?  What is it?

Radna, ราดนา. Aroy mak. Wife cooks it up every once in awhile 

<a href="https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/rad-na/">Rad Na: The Most Underrated Thai Noodles - Recipe & Video</a><br>

quoting from this article: The name refers to the pouring (raad) of the gravy onto the "face" (na) of the noodles.

Note that in the south, the pronunciation of the letters L and R is often interchanged, yielding "lad na". "moo" is pig or pork.

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Also depends on your personal preference.  Some places make the gravy pretty runny and others almost like a slime, depending on how much starch they put into it.

Very true. 

Kwan's is 90% consistent with a moderate gravy-like consistency.   The flavour of her stock is, IMHO, just perfect.