National crackdown underway as German spurned in love, is arrested for a 5-month visa overstay in Krabi

webfact

12 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

A true woke progressive liberal that loves Biden and Harris (and wanted Killery to win, and also loves the race baiting Obamas).

Are you and the Harley guy one and the same individual? Or are you the spokesperson for that fellow?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ironmike said:

Such a Huge  crime overstaying your visa and getting drunk in a bar but I would like to know why it is not a crime here in Phuket to get so drunk that you can run down 2 kids on a motor bike,, Kill them both on cctv and just go on with your life as nothing has happened maybe these Russians are above the law or paid the law off??? Please take a look at this cctv footage and give me one reason why this women is not locked up, her name is Ireana Pavalova. 

Well said Mike. I admire your campaign to get this woman Ireana Pavalova brought to justice. Why are the police in Phuket frightened of the Russians?

The Ukrainians aren't!

• Like 1

From today's AseanNow:-

"Local police in Krabi confirm a national crackdown on overstaying tourists is underway..... Immigration police have launched another national crackdown targeting visa overstayers........"

From AseanNow dtd Friday 7 July 2023:-

"Thai Senior Immigration Officer Vows to Purge the Country of All Overstayers Within Three Months

By Tanakorn Panyadee  -

Friday, 7 July 2023, 14:16"

I suppose the excuse will be "That was under the old Government - nothing to do with us"!

15 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

I'm not sure even sherlock could solve this mystery he can not get back together with girlfriend then someone tips off immigration :whistling:

Or, there's what actually happened as the article reported...

"Mr Manuel by Krabi police, drowned his sorrows in alcohol at local beer bars. Little did he know that his inebriated state would attract the attention of vigilant Immigration officers. 

In short, a concerned member of the public reported the foreigner to the police. Subsequently, the German drove his motorbike dangerously from beer bar to beer bar on Ko Lanta. He attracted public attention. 

Following this, the German engaged in uproarious behaviour, spooking local people".

17 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

what a quandary, Thailand is desperate for more tourists but eager to kick out tourists that overstay. if only there was an amnesty to get them legal so they can stay and spend more money. the visa process is frustrating and that doesn't help either

This is a country of laws...unlike a few countries in Europe and America who ignores their immigration policies and let folks abuse the system.  I love Thailand and am so happy they kick people out who ignore the generous time offered them to visit here.  No one is forcing tourists to over stay here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Or, there's what actually happened as the article reported...

"Mr Manuel by Krabi police, drowned his sorrows in alcohol at local beer bars. Little did he know that his inebriated state would attract the attention of vigilant Immigration officers. 

In short, a concerned member of the public reported the foreigner to the police. Subsequently, the German drove his motorbike dangerously from beer bar to beer bar on Ko Lanta. He attracted public attention. 

Following this, the German engaged in uproarious behaviour, spooking local people".

Well I did read the article perhaps its just me initially I thought can't the girlfriend be the one that phoned this vigilant immigration officer 😳

It would not be good to name the informant I should imagine. 

I'm not sure if the writer looks for unusual words to describe something or its his/ her usual dialogue for example uproarious surely most of us would use obstreperous 555

In the decade(s) i've been here, the changes they've made have left the place a ghost town during the down season, the 20,000 baht fine and leave when ever was more suitable to the Thai economy IMO.

South America still operates on such a system and a lot of expats there don't even have valid passports.

9 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Pathetic - truly pathetic.  Get a life mate - it will do you the world of good.

What are you talking about, Grumpy old man? I would recommend getting a brain, but ,unfortunately for you, that isn't possible yet .

Edited by thecyclist
Error

On 12/20/2023 at 12:57 AM, tandor said:

at least revert to the short-lived 45 day Visa.

(A 90 Day Visa would be more appropriate)..IMO

Malaysia gives you 90 days visa exempt on entry - a smile to go with it and a welcoming ''Enjoy your stay'' as well 555 ...

Edited by BusyB
  • Love It 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Red Forever said:

Well said Mike. I admire your campaign to get this woman Ireana Pavalova brought to justice. Why are the police in Phuket frightened of the Russians?

The Ukrainians aren't!

The Ukrainians don't get money of Russians but Thailand does.

On 12/20/2023 at 1:03 PM, Caldera said:

By all means, crack down, but don't be too boastful about it - especially as you keep finding foreigners on multi-year overstays that should have been found long ago.

The joke is on them; despite dozens of papers we fill out, reporting our whereabouts regularly, and their computer systems, they still do not have a clue how long and where we are staying... (To name an example; went to the immigration office, filling out a TM.30 form, the IO asks me where I was staying before... Why didn't she just look it up on her computer, where she should have found five TM.30 reports from hotels where I stayed before moving to an apartment?)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, thecyclist said:

What are you talking about, Grumpy old man? I would recommend getting a brain, but ,unfortunately for you, that isn't possible yet .

ROFLOL  You sound like either a Millenial or a GenZ - either way I will refer to my original comment = PATHETIC (and get a life and stay away from social media all day ever day).

15 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

In the decade(s) i've been here, the changes they've made have left the place a ghost town during the down season, the 20,000 baht fine and leave when ever was more suitable to the Thai economy IMO.

South America still operates on such a system and a lot of expats there don't even have valid passports.

I gotta agree. Years of 90 day reporting, annual extensions, home visits, and all the costs - VERSUS - staying as long as you like (until caught) and then pay 20K and get deported (buy a ticket to Cambodia and review where to go next). If I was much younger, and not married, and I had the means/reasons to stay for 5-10 years, then I reckon overstay is the way to go.

When are they going to realise that imposing all this khrapp (and soon maybe income taxes) on the 'good guys' is just causing less and less of us to come and live in Thailand, and that they are giving incentives to the 'bad guys' to overstay and enjoy life without the fear we have of being deported (they just accept it as 'times up'), and they are offering criminals the option to buy a Visa so they can avoid it all and do what they do.  Ignorant and Stupid - that is what that is. 

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy

6 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I gotta agree. Years of 90 day reporting, annual extensions, home visits, and all the costs - VERSUS - staying as long as you like (until caught) and then pay 20K and get deported (buy a ticket to Cambodia and review where to go next). If I was much younger, and not married, and I had the means/reasons to stay for 5-10 years, then I reckon overstay is the way to go.

You omit the (horrendous) stay in the IDC. Which can be a few weeks even if you have the money for ticket home. 

And usually have no choice in where deported to, it will be to your country of nationality

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You omit the (horrendous) stay in the IDC. Which can be a few weeks even if you have the money for ticket home. 

And usually have no choice in where deported to, it will be to your country of nationality

Yes the IDC stay is something to take into account - I assumed I would have enough money to immediately buy a ticket out - so therefore a day or two stay only.  Definitely not something that an old bloke/lady would ever want to go through - but OK for a young fit male.

I did not know it was only to your home country.  That definitely makes my 'idea' less attractive for those of us from USA, Aust and Europe. But if you are from India, China etc then it is still an OK strategy. 

36 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes the IDC stay is something to take into account - I assumed I would have enough money to immediately buy a ticket out - so therefore a day or two stay only. 

No, longer.

Many procedures to occur first and these are only done during working hours.

First police "investigation". You can be held up to 7 days for this alone. 

Then a court appearance.

Once deportation order issues, other formalities.

You'd be lucky to get out within 7 days, could easily be 2 weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No, longer.

Many procedures to occur first and these are only done during working hours.

First police "investigation". You can be held up to 7 days for this alone. 

Then a court appearance.

Once deportation order issues, other formalities.

You'd be lucky to get out within 7 days, could easily be 2 weeks. 

Well that stuffs my idea Sheryl :wacko:  

Not worth it - 7 days in IDC is not a good thing.

On 12/19/2023 at 11:20 PM, cncltd1973 said:

what a quandary, Thailand is desperate for more tourists but eager to kick out tourists that overstay. if only there was an amnesty to get them legal so they can stay and spend more money. the visa process is frustrating and that doesn't help either

All very well, but I doubt any country allows an overstayer much compassion. If they did, flocks of tourists would take advantage. 

8 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

ROFLOL  You sound like either a Millenial or a GenZ - either way I will refer to my original comment = PATHETIC (and get a life and stay away from social media all day ever day).

MY ORIGINAL COMMENT = PATHETIC. Blablabla. Projection.

IF only websites required a minimal level of education and a basic IQ, we wouldn't be subjected to inane and incomprehensible rantings from farang kee nok like you. 

Not an admirer of the Siamese intellect  either, but they are on to something with their "farang kee nok " concept.