National crackdown underway as German spurned in love, is arrested for a 5-month visa overstay in Krabi

webfact

A marvellous article Carla Boonkong and Pranee O'Connor, another love-sick farang completely forgetting about the all important permission to stay stamp date, maybe this Crackdown will produce serious numbers :wink:... looking like a white Xmas for Mr. Manuel....

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Previously, the unlucky foreigner, whose visa expired five months ago, set off from the notorious resort city of Pattaya seeking love and reconciliation with his estranged Thai girlfriend in Krabi. He had high hopes.

Was a really important to include this into this article about overstay.

Is overstay from a heart-broken man worse than if he would be happily married?

And if a women would be heart-broken, would this also be included in the way it is in this article?

Most of us were heart-broken at some time in our life. It hurts. And other making fun of it doesn't make it better.

t a good

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Surely it happens, maybe not to the scale that it does here (low level criminals), as other countries may be a bit more discreet, or it goes higher up the chain, as I read 'human trafficking' is a billion $$$ business.  

Large scale illegal immigration operations can only operate with corrupt official, ground level, and up.  You really cant traffic that many people, if #s are even close to accurate, without more than a few people turning a blind eye, with the hand out, collecting big bucks.

Back to TH, IF not for so many willing to part with their money to support the Imm corruption here via use of agents, maybe the corruption wouldn't be so rampant.  You do need both the supply & demand for it to prevail.  A self supporting business by criminals on both sides of the equation.

Why I'm totally against the use of agents at Imm, unless simply for convenience sake, of simply not Q'ing up, then fine.  But to skirt the requirement, then no, but yet, so many forum members support it, even recommend it.

But surely against it in their home country.  Hypocrites

Indeed it dose happen in Europe. I was on redeployment leave from Germany. So, I tried my luck  and loaded up a suitcase with lots of goodies. Got to Heathrow, nothing to declare, stopped checked. custom officer took half and left me half. His half was for the "staff Christmas party". (so he said). Mind you i still got through with 1,000 cigarettes and 2 one-liter bottles of whiskey and 2 one-liter bottles of vodka. guess the weight gave it away. Ha! this was back in the early 80s.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Posters that say his arrest is bad obviously have no problem with illegal immigrants in their country.

On the surface yes,but the ones arriving in Europe are costing a fortune, having to be housed,fed and supported,then frequently reward that kindness with criminal and terrorist acts. UK hotel costs for those is £6million per day!

The overstaying German...not so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

The heartbroken German needs to realize that the relationship is over and move on.  Not sure where he met the "love of his life" but I'm sure that he can replace here very soon if he was living in Pattaya.  

He should have sorted out his immigration status months ago but that is a whole different matter.  

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

They tolerate farang until the money euns low or your behavior is out of hand.  Probably not smart to act boisterous for months in and around a place like Krabi. 

On the other hand you know nothing about his behavior in Thailand. He didn't appear to be aggressive with arrest and no apparent bar complaint. Just passively depressed. 

41 minutes ago, redwhiteandblue said:

ASEANNOW. Could you try NOT to sound like you are enjoying this man's misfortune so much please?

We don't know the full extent of his situation, What he's gone through or going through.

Please stop this anti-foreigner rhetoric you have taken on lately.

Please just report the news.

If you actually read and understand the original post you may find that this is a Thai Examiner.com report.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the Thai Govt is ever going to realise that 'punishing' all the 'good' Expats by forcing them to do all their reporting and annual extensions and house visits and TM30s/28s and all the other crap, does not actually stop the 'bad' Expats from over-staying. In fact, given the small amount of fines, it is worth avoiding all the troubles by just not doing anything.  It is not as if the Immi Police actually go looking for any Expats who have not left the country inside the required timeframe. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

what a quandary, Thailand is desperate for more tourists but eager to kick out tourists that overstay. if only there was an amnesty to get them legal so they can stay and spend more money. the visa process is frustrating and that doesn't help either

Thailand does want tourists, but it doesn't want foreigners living in Thailand on tourist visas or overstayers 

6 minutes ago, superal said:

Coming to Thailand soon . Leg tracker for all tourists and long stayers .

image.png.9b012ebe3b37d3a538d1479b2e43b2bc.png

That will definitely mean Expats leaving :biggrin: 

Income taxes is one thing, but forcing us to wear ugly ankle bracelets is just not on !! 

If they were made of gold and diamonds - then OK - maybe.  

• Haha 1