What are most Russians doing here and how are they financing themselves?

bob smith

32 minutes ago, gearbox said:

The Thais have much better deal than most of the countries in Europe,  they don't pay anything, only collect. Compare this to Europe where millions of so called refugees from that shole Ukraine are collecting benefits for almost 2 years. No wonder the far right is rising fast everywhere there.

I think the move to the far right is hitting most of the western countries as they are the favorite countries for those fleeing the autocrats as the immigrants keep finding govt to give them something for nothing while the citizens get taxed higher to pay for the bennies for the immigrants and for making the schools bi-lingual!

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

I see many russian families in my project these days,

they seem to be here for months on end

kinda got me thinking.

what are the vast majority of them doing here?

how are they supporting themselves and their families without working?

how long are they going to stay here?

they make lots of noise, especially late at night,

their kids are the worst, shouting and screaming till all hours.

they leave trash everywhere,

i've witnessed their kids spitting on the floor numerous times.

will they ever go home?

why dont they just go back to russia, put on their army uniforms and face the music.

they started the war after all,

best go back home now and fight it imo.

bob.

A good way to answer your questions: ask them🎄

The Russians are doing the same here as people from other countries are doing. They're enjoying the low prices and relative peace Thailand provides. I do think they mostly keep to themselves in public but if you went back to their condo they'd be a lot more open. 

Yes, a few act out in public but every foreign country has a few that go a little wild. I remember last Dec about a minute after the World Cup final a westerner sped his bike down Soi Buakhao and crashed into a 7/11 killing himself and an innocent bystander. Around the same time a Russian Berserker singlehandedly destroyed a different 7/11 on walking street but nobody died which incident is worse? 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Furioso said:

The Russians are doing the same here as people from other countries are doing. They're enjoying the low prices and relative peace Thailand provides. I do think they mostly keep to themselves in public but if you went back to their condo they'd be a lot more open. 

Yes, a few act out in public but every foreign country has a few that go a little wild. I remember last Dec about a minute after the World Cup final a westerner sped his bike down Soi Buakhao and crashed into a 7/11 killing himself and an innocent bystander. Around the same time a Russian Berserker singlehandedly destroyed a different 7/11 on walking street but nobody died which incident is worse? 

Russians are aggressive, violent and totally unpredictable.

and that's just the women :tongue:

in all seriousness though, you only have to look back at years of russians behaving badly in Thailand to see what I mean

Did you see that naked bloke the other week punching that Thai who was just sat on his scooter with his mrs?

shocking.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, bob smith said:

in all seriousness though, you only have to look back at years of russians behaving badly in Thailand to see what I mean

Did you see that naked bloke the other week punching that Thai who was just sat on his scooter with his mrs?

shocking.

Thailand's got a lot of foreigners doing wild antics - what you can't handle it? 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, bob smith said:

shocking.

Are you a professional troll or just someone who attracts trouble?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have yet to meet a nice one.

Even allowing for your (sometimes quite hilarious) borderline trolling, that is a pretty sad comment.

The war refugee intake I've generally found quite polite (as opposed to the old guard who I found pushy and impolite) if reserved. And I've also met a few very pleasant ones, as neighbors and one landlord and one landlady. 

It strikes me that Russia is losing a whole generation of largely young, talented, capable and decent people who have no intention of fighting Putin's criminal war. And all power to them.

The ones who didn't get out for whatever reason are not to be envied.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Bob, if you will care to remember, most russians were quietly living their lives in russia, before this so-called "military operation" in Ukraine.  Now, thousands are dying weekly, trying to put Putin's dreams to reality, which ain't gonna happen.  They are here, escaping certain death due to one madman, and I would feel a bit of pity for them.  If they are misbehaving, discipline them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I know where you can meet/see Russians everybody loves (except other women):

On North Dongtan beach playing volleyball. Aaaah.... so pretty, so sexy in floss bikinis! And they play well too.

How do I know? I walk there and happen to take a 2h brake just that spot. That's why.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

does anyone know if they are infesting Cambodia same as they are thailand?

not as much as Thailand, but plenty of them are there as well, because Cambodia has better and cheaper visa policy.  China is Hainan island only but just tours, to South Korea russians go to work as Cambodians or Lao go to Thailand to work at the factories or agriculture, lots of them are in the Phillipines. But the most infested country is Turkey

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, anandra said:

not as much as Thailand, but plenty of them are there as well, because Cambodia has better and cheaper visa policy.  China is Hainan island only but just tours, to South Korea russians go to work as Cambodians or Lao go to Thailand to work at the factories or agriculture, lots of them are in the Phillipines. But the most infested country is Turkey

I heard also Bali has a few, Russians 

• Thumbs Up 1