Pattaya visa scam leaves hundreds of tourists out of pocket and overstaying

webfact

19 minutes ago, smedly said:

you think it's the agents making most of the money ?, they get a cut maybe 30% and the rest of it goes to #### #### 

I know where it goes but I didn't want to say here, one guy here in Phuket has been at it for years still at it as far as I know and has been raided a couple of times, there was a time here in Phuket were they had dodgy stamps, 

Over 100 Tourists Allegedly Duped in Passport Scam, Agent in Pattaya Faces Legal Action
By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Over 100 foreign tourists in Pattaya were allegedly scammed by a visa agent who promised to handle their passport extensions. However, the agent reportedly kept the passports far past agreed upon dates, without processing the extensions, leading to some of the tourists overstaying their stays in Thailand and keeping money paid by the tourists.

For our video report of this story on our YouTube channel tap or click here.

The incident came to light on December 19th, 2023, when a group of 30 tourists, accompanied by their representative Ms. Chanidapa Thosakul (36), brought Ms. Supawadee, whose last name was withheld pending an ongoing investigation, (33) under custody to the Pattaya Police Station.

Ms. Chanidapa revealed that the 30 tourists were allegedly lured by Ms. Supawadee’s promise to deal with their passport extensions with Royal Thai Immigration. The tourists paid around 32,000 baht each for Ms. Supawadee’s services. However, the tourists alleged that Ms. Supawadee took their passports and never returned the documents, nor processed their extensions, which were for a variety of reasons but mostly education visas.

The situation worsened when it emerged that over 100 tourists from more than 10 countries were reportedly impacted, some allegedly having their passports confiscated by Ms. Supawadee far beyond their authorized stay of 30-90 days in Thailand. This forced several tourists to face legal action and potential deportation, Ms. Chanidapa said.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-12-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Celsius said:

Visa agents :cheesy:

How can people just surrender their passport to these scumbags, lol

I hope the issuing countries keep a tab on every mug who willingly surrenders the passport to these so called "agents" never issue a replacement passport again.

I think it works like this:

Go to the agency to arrange a dodgy Ed visa stamp, pay the fee and hand over your passport..

they will go to IO and get everything done....

TiT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1