Trump's legal defeat in Colorado may turn into political gold

CharlieH

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

People have theorized in many ways about J6 and yours is just another version.

The breeching of the Capitol seemed to me to be an opportunity taken by the troublemakers, once they saw how weak the security was. These troublemakers were probably more surprised about being able to gain entry than the limited Capitol Police Forces available on the day. And there are plenty more theories about why that was!  

See if you can find what Steven Sund had to say about it.

That implies that the intel was inadequate which I agree with.

They normally don't employ an army around the Capitol to prevent a violent insurrection. It's never happened before.

I stole those chocolates from the shop because nobody was watching me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Steven Sund implies that intelligence, with warnings, did exist and were available pre J6 but they were not acted upon.

It seems that advance requests for an extra National Guard presence (including from Sund himself) were denied and even calls for extra help were also delayed on the day, after the trouble had already started.

https://www.newsweek.com/ex-capitol-police-chief-sounds-alarm-jan-6-cover-1817365

Conspiracy theorist.

After facing mounting pressure from Congress and the union representing the Capitol Police, Sund resigned from his position shortly after the riot.

"If I was allowed to do my job as a chief, we wouldn't be here," Sund said in the interview with Carlson. "This didn't have to happen. Everything appears to be a cover-up."

https://www.newsweek.com/ex-capitol-police-chief-sounds-alarm-jan-6-cover-1817365

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Conspiracy theorist.

After facing mounting pressure from Congress and the union representing the Capitol Police, Sund resigned from his position shortly after the riot.

"If I was allowed to do my job as a chief, we wouldn't be here," Sund said in the interview with Carlson. "This didn't have to happen. Everything appears to be a cover-up."

So you pasted in two selections from my link?

What is your point?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

The breeching of the Capitol seemed to me to be an opportunity taken by the troublemakers, once they saw how weak the security was. These troublemakers were probably more surprised about being able to gain entry than the limited Capitol Police Forces available on the day. And there are plenty more theories about why that was!  

Can you explain why so many of the J6 insurrectionists brought megaphones and weapons to the Capitol?

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Talk about a ridiculous effort to apologize for Biden's deficient mental state.  Everyone can see it. No gerontologists are required here as I did not bring up his age. Some people are quite capable at his age. It is well documented that he doesn't do much and spends more time on vacation and resting (by far) than any of his predecessors. I'm sure you're quite aware he is a puppet on a string, being carefully handled by his "team".

Do you have any apologies for Biden not submitting to a cognitive test this year? I'd love to hear your excuse for that.

Biden is pretty much the same as he was 10 years ago.

On the other hand, Trump is in decline, per Megan Kelly.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, candide said:

It seems that there have been a few warnings which have not been seriously considered before Jan.6.

However I fail to follow the coherence of your posts. On the one hand you claim that the assault was spontaneous and not planned, and on the other you stress that there have been warnings about a possible assault.

Previous claims suggested that it was planned by Trump. That is different. It wasn't. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

You really don't know what your talking about. Theres plenty of facts about what happened,  not just therories as you like to claim.. Keep reading and you might get the real picture. 

If you looked at what Sund said then you just ignored it.

Where are your "plenty of facts?

40 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Can you explain why so many of the J6 insurrectionists brought megaphones and weapons to the Capitol?

They brought megaphones to badger the police into submission.

How many guns were found?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Steven Sund implies that intelligence, with warnings, did exist and were available pre J6 but they were not acted upon.

It seems that advance requests for an extra National Guard presence (including from Sund himself) were denied and even calls for extra help were also delayed on the day, after the trouble had already started.

So much for your claim that trumps 1 sentence in his speech calling for a peaceful protest had any effect after stirring up the crowd or was even heard 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Note that MAGA calls these troublemakers "political prisoners". It seems that you agree that those who provoked the crowd should have received long prison sentences.

As I have posted before, there really has not been a lot said about the link between the White House and the troublemakers. Some has been posted here, but so far, its not widely publicized - yet.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

You mean this Steven Sund?

He says in the book that former President Donald J. Trump behaved irresponsibly when he fired up a crowd, directed it to the Capitol and watched the violence for hours without trying to intervene. 

https://archive.ph/QYSvo

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/03/us/politics/steven-sund-jan-6-attack.html

Or is it some other Steven Sund you're referring to? It's true Sund blamed others but Trump didn't escape his criticism. So even if Sund's version of events was accurate, how does that absolve Trump?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

How many guns were found?

Court documents, video evidence and news coverage directly contradict this characterization. Several rioters had firearms and dozens more wielded knives, bats and other real and makeshift weapons.

Why would anyone bring weapons to a Trump speech?

Unless they knew in advance that there would be an attack on the Capitol to stop Mike Pence from presiding over the vote certification.

I understand this is a difficult concept for a follower of the Orange Jesus to comprehend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

If you looked at what Sund said then you just ignored it.

Where are your "plenty of facts?

I never said I ignored anything so keep your comments accurate.. Try reading up on the trials and convictions of the people involved in the insurrection. They were not just a few troublemakers involved that found lacks security as you stated. Several group even got guided tours of tge capital by gop staffers ahead of time. There were organized group, Proud boys, oath keepers and a number of other groups.   Its all out there on the internet.   since your so found of googling and cherry picking your info im sure you can find it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan O said:

So much for your claim that trumps 1 sentence in his speech calling for a peaceful protest had any effect after stirring up the crowd or was even heard 

You obviously have not been paying attention. I made no such claim about effect.

The loons at the Capitol could not hear Trump anyway.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Note that MAGA calls these troublemakers "political prisoners". It seems that you agree that those who provoked the crowd should have received long prison sentences.

As I have posted before, there really has not been a lot said about the link between the White House and the troublemakers. Some has been posted here, but so far, its not widely publicized - yet.

Note I did not say anything about prison sentences.

I'm sure there's a lot not widely publicized - yet.

Who is MAGA?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You obviously have not been paying attention. I made no such claim about effect.

The loons at the Capitol could not hear Trump anyway.

Many marched there. Many were convicted of conspiracy. That means not actually spur of the moment.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

You mean this Steven Sund?

He says in the book that former President Donald J. Trump behaved irresponsibly when he fired up a crowd, directed it to the Capitol and watched the violence for hours without trying to intervene. 

https://archive.ph/QYSvo

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/03/us/politics/steven-sund-jan-6-attack.html

Or is it some other Steven Sund you're referring to? It's true Sund blamed others but Trump didn't escape his criticism. So even if Sund's version of events was accurate, how does that absolve Trump?

Yep. I can't check the text of the book but I can see errors even in this short piece - Trump did not call anyone to violence or criminal activity - that rubbish had already been started by the lunatics at the Capitol before Trump had finished speaking. 

• Haha 2

“If presidents had absolute immunity, Jim, presidential elections would become a stampede for the criminally minded so they can get to the Oval Office,” Eisen said. “It’s not just election overturned. Where would it stop? They could do bank robberies, kidnappings, murders. That is inimical to American law.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4376404-cnn-anchor-raises-nixon-pardon-in-questioning-trump-immunity-defense/

• Love It 1

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Many marched there. Many were convicted of conspiracy. That means not actually spur of the moment.

Most of the people from the Ellipse arrived at the Capitol, later, after the breech.

Any convictions of the truly guilty are fine by me.

Convictions were for a variety of crimes but very few for actual conspiracy.

• Sad 1

The sickos in our society.

Despite two recounts (each costing $600,000) in Georgia, supervised by Republican election officials, that validated the original results; more than 60 unsuccessful court challenges in battleground states; a $787 million settlement by Fox News for groundless on-air claims about Dominion Systems voting machines; and a pending Smartmatic defamation suit alleging over $2 billion in financial losses, the former president continues to issue constant diatribes about “the rigged” and “stolen” election.

He threatens judges, prosecutors and political opponents, and insists that in Georgia tens of thousands of votes were cast by dead people, individuals who had moved out of the state, or sold their mail-in ballots to Democratic “harvesters” for $10 apiece.

Nonetheless, Trump is the presumptive favorite to receive the GOP nomination for president.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4374655-the-elephant-in-the-giuliani-defamation-courtroom/