A Local good news story for a change

orchidfan

Due to sporadic water pressure issues for the last 6 months ( don’t ask, it’s a long story ) here in Ayutthaya we have had 3 visits by water trucks and yes our experience has been the same.

Two guys working non stop to fill the tanks of the moobahn residents, a couple of bottles of cold water are eagerly accepted.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

We always keep an emergency bin full of water in our toilet for such occasions, just to clean ourselves.

If there was no supply and my tanks ran dry, then I would have to pay for a water tanker.  

Yes, we have 3 of those, 1 in our bathroom, 1 in the kids and one outside. We can fill these bins up slowly but it won’t make it up into the tanks ( an underground tank would be ideal ). In fact we have showered from these bins for the last 6 months !

Guy next door bought a small pump ( looks like a fish tank type ) and pumps water from a bin into his tank, I’ve been looking at ways to do it without using electricity but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, we have 3 of those, 1 in our bathroom, 1 in the kids and one outside. We can fill these bins up slowly but it won’t make it up into the tanks ( an underground tank would be ideal ). In fact we have showered from these bins for the last 6 months !

Guy next door bought a small pump ( looks like a fish tank type ) and pumps water from a bin into his tank, I’ve been looking at ways to do it without using electricity but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

I have one 1,000 liter tank  raised just high enough for it to enter the bathroom, we only have a single story house, just the old way of throwing cold water over you, going without a shower for a day won't kill you,  If there is no water the toilet just doesn't get flushed just one of those small bowls of water gets thrown in, and maybe a splash of bleach. Luckily our water is normally back in a day. Have even used the 20ltr water bottles for washing up.

22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have one 1,000 liter tank  raised just high enough for it to enter the bathroom, we only have a single story house, just the old way of throwing cold water over you, going without a shower for a day won't kill you,  If there is no water the toilet just doesn't get flushed just one of those small bowls of water gets thrown in, and maybe a splash of bleach. Luckily our water is normally back in a day. Have even used the 20ltr water bottles for washing up.

I have a routine now, the kid gets up for school at 6 so i get up with him and open the taps to fill the 2 inside bins ( using the pump bypass ), around 7 am the water pressure drops off to a dribble as people are waking up and showering/washing clothes etc.

We use the bins for showering, watering the garden and filling the washing machine, everything else we use the pump and the 1500 litre storage.

Initially we thought it was a temporary thing but now we have adapted to it and the moobahn do actually tell us via a line group when the water will be completely turned off.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I have a routine now, the kid gets up for school at 6 so i get up with him and open the taps to fill the 2 inside bins ( using the pump bypass ), around 7 am the water pressure drops off to a dribble as people are waking up and showering/washing clothes etc.

We use the bins for showering, watering the garden and filling the washing machine, everything else we use the pump and the 1500 litre storage.

Initially we thought it was a temporary thing but now we have adapted to it and the moobahn do actually tell us via a line group when the water will be completely turned off.

Luckily Andrew the water to our 2 story house, 3 bathrooms and kitchen (they all are in this moo baan) and garden are fed from the underground tank (2000 or 5000 litres I think) via the pressure pump....so never any pressure problems, except if, as happened yesterday, the government water supply fails or is turned off.

As I mentioned previously, we had no idea of this cut in supply (it is extremely rare here,  maybe 3 times in a 5 year period ) so we were merrily using water everywhere until Mr Hitachi got hot and shut down.

Thank goodness for that auto function and not burning out the motor !

Incidentally, since reconnection, the "mains" water seems to be at 3 or 4 times the previous pressure.

(There is one tap on this mains line,in the garden, that I can turn on and check. But otherwise that water pipe runs underground only to our main storage tank.

14 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Luckily Andrew the water to our 2 story house, 3 bathrooms and kitchen (they all are in this moo baan) and garden are fed from the underground tank (2000 or 5000 litres I think) via the pressure pump....so never any pressure problems, except if, as happened yesterday, the government water supply fails or is turned off.

As I mentioned previously, we had no idea of this cut in supply (it is extremely rare here,  maybe 3 times in a 5 year period ) so we were merrily using water everywhere until Mr Hitachi got hot and shut down.

Thank goodness for that auto function and not burning out the motor !

Incidentally, since reconnection, the "mains" water seems to be at 3 or 4 times the previous pressure.

(There is one tap on this mains line,in the garden, that I can turn on and check. But otherwise that water pipe runs underground only to our main storage tank.

When we moved in here 6 years ago the pressure would drop only at weekends but now it is any/every day.

Never had the water trucks until 6 months ago.

There’s a lot of construction nearby which I think is the reason for the decline in water supply, can’t see it improving unfortunately.

I even tried a makeshift hosepipe directly from the meter to the tank ( as there’s a few 90° elbows underground which I thought might restrict pressure ) but nope … it’s just p1ss poor pressure !!

• Haha 1