I love everything about Pattaya what about you ?

georgegeorgia

9 hours ago, Denim said:

Don't  forget the SAS. It's where former members go to die. More there than Hereford.

There is a secret underground tunnel linking the 2 places so that arms can be got to them quickly in case they are needed again.

Try picking up one of their Zimmermans. Very heavy as both front legs are rifled and loaded with 3 rounds each. The handles are packed with explosives and can be detached to use as grenades.

As for all the ladyboys,  don't  be fooled. Mostly SAS on secret missions.

If in doubt about their bonafides ask them what colour the boathouse was, and who else was on the balcony...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yeah, it's not perfect but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Phuket is out, everywhere else too boring except Bangkok (I'm not talking about bars) and Bangkok has too much pollution. Maybe in 5 years. For now, Pattaya. Always something happening, they are setting up on the beach for huge NY festivities. Rents are still fairly cheap and infrastructure is good and close by. Food is cheap, if not as cheap as woop woop but one can only eat so much.

Where do you eat? I have been going to the same handful of places every single day, so much that I'm bored, and I'm in central. I can't even find any new thai places anymore. The food at many places is also pricey for thailand, reaching to 130 baht a meal or so, about $4 Usd.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It varies a lot. I frequently eat Thai out of a small home restaurant in a dead end soi near me. 50 baht for most meals, extra 10 with fried egg. About once a week I'll get a salmon steak out of Alex's Bistro (KTK) for 260 with 10% discount. Lately I have been getting either fish or chicken with brussels sprouts and beans from the roast counter at central festival. The food hall at central marina is not bad either for khao mun gai. An open air restaurant on the corner of klang and soi 10 named Dang Dum (red black) is excellent for Thai / Chinese and Pat Thai is their signature dish. Then there is a decent small restaurant next door to Piyanas on Klang, I can't remember the name of it. About once a month I get a hankering for palak panir and the Jai Jinendra vegetarian Indian on P Klang, very close to road 2 does a good one for about 230 plus a garlic naan. Occasionally Hemmingways or the Wine Connection where I ate tonight.

Well I prefer Bangkok for food. I'm here for a year eating out every day. The selection is not adequate in my opinion for long term.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I disagree with you yes is you like Thai food, but nobody can beat Farang food in Pattaya 

There's an excellent French restaurant in soi 11 or 13 (I forget) Sukhumvit I think. Also I've been to a good Italian on the ground floor of terminal 21. The farang food I find in Pattaya is good but not really standout. I'm not a steak eater. Most of the food I eat is Thai. I always ask for no sugar.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've been to Pattaya several times, does little for me. Expensive. Chiang Rai is my preference, each to his own.

Note to BMT: There is plenty of sex available in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

I loved staying in Chiang Rai. The only issue that I have is pollution ... I really couldn't stay there for a full year. Take that away and it would be my favourite place to stay in Thailand.

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

Pattaya is by far the worst place in Thailand.

It is even worse than Phuket.

bob

It's cheaper though..........!

I think the OP is unaware of the traffic situation we get this time of year!

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I get so peeved off when I read posts that just knock Pattaya continually .

I was actually in tears last night reading posts on another forum where the writer was so negative Pattaya 

Please let's be grateful 

I love Pattaya and as soon as I can I'm going to retire there., but I'm planning in the next few years .

For those of you who haven't retired what's your dream about living in Pattaya ?

Mine is to live in the Arcadia resort in Soi 5 Jomtien and walk to the RAGE fight academy where they have muay  Thai boxing for seniors 

Wake up every morning to the sunshine  with a coffee on the balcony , stroll thru my day with the gym and Canterbury Tales bookshop ,

What a life to enjoy in Pattaya 

Relax at night in a bar ,enjoy our trip me left 

If only I could retire ...we all love Pattaya !! 🤗

Some of your threads seem(ed) genuine, but this is comical and obviously fake news.

Fortunately, fake threads still generate real comments. 

Stop crying!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I loved staying in Chiang Rai. The only issue that I have is pollution ... I really couldn't stay there for a full year. Take that away and it would be my favourite place to stay in Thailand.

I just crank up the air purifiers and aircon during that period. Two months where I don't go out much.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, newnative said:

The problem is, as you say, you never venture beyond central Pattaya.  So, yes, you are hitting some of the same restaurants--especially if you think 130 baht is expensive and mostly eat at cheaper places.   There are loads of restaurants all over that you can try.  You can eat at a new restaurant every day if you want.  Why not hop a baht bus and try some of the restaurants in Jomtien for a change.  Or, try north Pattaya or Naklua.  Not far to go.

Because I can't take a baht bus to jomtein three times a day, plus I have already lived there and ate at all those places already. Also, it's not that big. I was pretty much eating at the same places down there as well. Taking a taxi out of the area to eat every day is not an option either 🤣, so don't bother.

Your suggestions suck.

Edited by JimTripper

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Wake up every morning to the sunshine  with a coffee on the balcony ,

Or the wind and driving rain, stink from drains, floods, and pollution. Walking anywhere, uneven trip hazard, blocked footpaths, dodging traffic as you step on the road. Living somewhere is a lot different from being on holiday one month a year. I hope I didn't make you cry too much.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I made a fast trip down to Pattaya to see my Dermatologist. The Big C Extra on Central Pattaya Rd. needs to be gutted. As soon as you walk in , there is a very strong sewerage odor. Tukcom is a shell of itself from ten years ago. A lot of commercial space , almost empty now . 2 top floors closed . Soi 7 had the Pig and Whistle , my favorite spot for Sunday Roast. Gone now. Also gone on Soi 7 The Tequila Reef. Probably the best spot to enjoy Mexican cuisine while watching NFL Football. My last stop before heading back to the bus station was the Harbor Mall. Horrid. They close at 6PM. Maybe Anunkin can get them to stay open till 9....:unsure: Laaaaaalllll.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I don't think my suggestions suck--lots of restaurants in the 3 areas I mentioned and I doubt you have eaten at all of them.  I think what sucks is your lack of interest in trying new areas and just actually trying to make each day an interesting and enjoyable one for yourself.  Get out and do something different--for a change.  

Lack of interest in new areas 🤣. I can't wait to get out of here! My lease ends in 5 months. I will send you a postcard.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I thought he was the Alta ego of mac mickmanus who also disappeared soon after 

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes, I've wondered what happened to Leaver, too.  Perhaps you have given the answer.

A lot of people used to get banned. They just come back under a new name. Looks like the banning has stopped for the most part.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1