Lazada Credit Card refunds - time taken?

Digitalbanana

I bought a prepaid item online late November and paid for it with a Thai bank credit card. The Lazada vendor then immediately cancelled the order within 5 minutes as they decided they had no stock after my order.

Q. Lazada now says the refund was processed to my card a day later and if I don't see the refund on my account I need to call my bank. Has anyone experienced this? Is calling the bank futile? Surely its up to Lazada to ensure I get refunded?

Its only a small amount so I have not wasted time with my bank or Lazada following up so far except I can see online my refund is not on my credit card.  I will follow up though when I get time to see if I am ever going to use Lazada again?

They usually turn up on the next bill (unless the refund was close to the billing time).

Oddly, they don't appear online until the actual billing time (but the transactions then appear in the "right" place on the statement).

I'd give it until your next billing cycle, but look for the transaction against the actual refund date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I'd give it until your next billing cycle, but look for the transaction against the actual refund date.

Thanks for that. Yes, Lazada does say to wait for next billing cycle so I will do that. Until your reply I was uncertain as the daily activity of my card shows nothing like you say. Hopefully it works out and I can continue to use their service.

• Like 1

I never had to wait this long to get a refund. I always get it within 3 business days using my non Thai credit card.

However, when my wife tries to explain how Thai billing cycle works it often leaves me confused because she will never, ever pay off her credit card early, only when she gets the bill.... to avoid confusion.

When you log in to your Lazada account and check refunds, there should be a note of he date the refund was sent to the bank (or card). 

Also, make sure it did not end up in your Lazada wallet.

I will make a general comment about refunds from anywhere on the Internet.

You may have noticed that when you press confirm to pay for something, the money has immediately left your account, been received and confirmation of the order is acknowledged in just over a nanosecond.

However justified a refund is, the reverse is a procedure that for reasons due mainly due to a lack of motivation or interest by the Supplier, is hardly process-free and often time-consuming to the point of distraction and frustration.

• Agree 2

On 12/26/2023 at 3:53 AM, Digitalbanana said:

I bought a prepaid item online late November and paid for it with a Thai bank credit card. The Lazada vendor then immediately cancelled the order within 5 minutes as they decided they had no stock after my order.

Q. Lazada now says the refund was processed to my card a day later and if I don't see the refund on my account I need to call my bank. Has anyone experienced this? Is calling the bank futile? Surely its up to Lazada to ensure I get refunded?

Its only a small amount so I have not wasted time with my bank or Lazada following up so far except I can see online my refund is not on my credit card.  I will follow up though when I get time to see if I am ever going to use Lazada again?

Takes from 3 days to a week to get a refund on plastic card.

On 12/27/2023 at 1:15 PM, Card said:

Lazada holds the payment for quite a long time before transferring it to the vendor so it's probably Lazada that's taking time to give you your refund.

I disagree. Refunds just about always credited to my Thai bank within 2-5 days after I send the goods back via Post Office.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:57 PM, Speedhump said:

I disagree. Refunds just about always credited to my Thai bank within 2-5 days after I send the goods back via Post Office.

"Refunds just about always credited to my Thai bank within 2-5 days...".

Using a debit card, yes?    Refunds on a debit card go directly to the bank account. 

Refunds on a credit card go to the card account, not to the bank account.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 12/27/2023 at 1:15 PM, Card said:

Lazada holds the payment for quite a long time before transferring it to the vendor so it's probably Lazada that's taking time to give you your refund.

No they do not! I've had quite few refunds paid out to both my Thai debit card and to my UK credit card. It's never taken longer than 4-5 days. Sometimes even quicker.