Excellent service from K Optics

poppysdad

22 hours ago, poppysdad said:

My current Ray Ban glasses are around 5 years old, top quality lens and my eyesight still excellent and no new prescription needed but yesterday noticed the plastic on the arms where it bends around the ears was breaking off and actually scratched my ear. So this morning into K Optics where my wife got excellent service when getting her first glasses a few months ago. 

Showed the boss my problem and he immediately started trying to find some plastic covers but couldn’t find any that would fit, so he sent his assistant into the back shop and a few minutes later he emerged with around a dozen complete sets of frames with me fully expecting the sales speel but to my surprise he started taking them all to pieces. He placed them all around my existing frames and asked which ones I liked, I chose a pair of arms, he then took my specs to pieces then sterilised all the old parts, put everything back together but with the new arms on them, told me to try and a perfect and comfortable fit. 

My wife asked how much to pay and he replied with no charge at all just pleased to help. Being there 2 of them and near lunchtime my wife gave them 100 baht each and thanked them profusely. We were there around 90 minutes and he still had to put all these other frames back together again. Excellent service and I know where I will go or recommend to others in the future. 

Kudos to your wife!

Apologies for not saying where but the branch in Robinsons in Kamphaeng Phet. Still find it difficult to believe what he did for free. 

If it had have been Top Charoen, then I wouldn’t have believed 

Apologies for not saying where but the branch in Robinsons in Kamphaeng Phet. Still find it difficult to believe what he did for free. 

On 12/26/2023 at 5:32 PM, poppysdad said:

Hi poppysdad, thanks for the info. The dropdown list of KT Optics which another reader kindly posted was so helpful. I’m phoning the branch at BigC, Phetchabun tomorrow. I’ll relay my experience on here, but it sounds like a different mindset to the Top Charoens of this country. 👍

Can anyone suggest optician who can do prescription glasses both for driving/reading in one including colour changing at reasonable prices in Pattaya.

I tried couple of places but price with excellent lenses are around 28000 THB plus frame. Please suggest one who does best at reasonable price.

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I doubt all branches give that level of service.

The OP could have mentioned the precise location of this amazing shop.

I also get excellent and free service at their branch in Robinsons in Sakon Nakhon. I always pop in there when I'm that side of town for an ultrasonic clean and have the screws checked for security. Last year they replaced the nose pads for me as well.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  Have you had a bad experience with them?

No, but in 65+ years of living on the planet, I've dealt with hundreds of branches of chain stores and franchises, often with very different results from one location to another.  Sometimes different even with the same branch depending on who's working that day and how they're feeling.

I believe that mentioning the specific location would have been useful information.  Seems the OP did, too- given that he did come back and mentioned the specific branch. 

Which I appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 8:00 PM, AjarnMartin said:

Hi poppysdad, thanks for the info. The dropdown list of KT Optics which another reader kindly posted was so helpful. I’m phoning the branch at BigC, Phetchabun tomorrow. I’ll relay my experience on here, but it sounds like a different mindset to the Top Charoens of this country. 👍

I visited KT Optics before Xmas at BigC, Phetchabun and was met with the same interest and customer care. I was tested whilst they adjusted my ‘old’ glasses and I ordered a new pair which were available for collection this week. I’m most impressed…

• Thumbs Up 1