U of Chicago Study on Meat and Cancer

save the frogs

https://biologicalsciences.uchicago.edu/news/tva-nutrient-cancer-immunity#:~:text=Trans-vaccenic acid (TVA)%2C a long-chain,from the University of Chicago.

Nutrient found in beef and dairy improves immune response to cancer

Scientists at UChicago discover that trans-vaccenic acid (TVA), a fatty acid found in beef, lamb, and dairy products, improves the ability of immune cells to fight tumors.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I would't put any stock in any of the so called 'finding' i have read many hundreds of studies, experiments and finding by the most prestigious universities in the world, that many of them contradict themselves and others, one day you read that this substance is good for you, days, weeks later you read the opposite...

Edited by ezzra
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I would't put any stock in any of the so called 'finding' i have read many hundreds of studies, experiments and finding by the most prestigious universities in the world, that many of them contradict themselves and others, one day you read that this substance is good for you, days, weeks later you read the opposite...

Absolutely right!

Studies... studies... who knows what is right or wrong? 

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Everyone knows alcohol is bad, tobacco is bad, processed meat is bad. Does any serious research contradict that?

15 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Why do cows have to die don't tell me it's to save the planet???? Yes ???

no I mean if we eat them. 

elon musk on cows:

4:51 - don't worry about the cows. cows are fine. cows are not going to destroy the environment. farming and cows do not have a meaningful effect on the environment. 

10 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

no I mean if we eat them. 

elon musk on cows:

4:51 - don't worry about the cows. cows are fine. cows are not going to destroy the environment. farming and cows do not have a meaningful effect on the environment.

Utterly false.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cattle-farming-bad-environment-anumeenacare

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/31/avoiding-meat-and-dairy-is-single-biggest-way-to-reduce-your-impact-on-earth

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

I don't see this topic lasting long. I think that that posting random articles is against the rules, anyway. Keep it to answering specific health questions by posters. :thumbsup:

Role models! Happy meatless Breathaians:

image.png.a1337f9dd8b2a32ae5b4073f3b1c690f.png

At least one, maybe more has died already. That short but happy life.

Without my bothering to do any work, a couple of articles from the vault:

Meat and mental health: a systematic review of meat abstention and depression, anxiety, and related phenomena

Should offer some needed tightening of the ol' screws.

Study: Meat Consumption is Positively Associated with Life Expectancy 

To sum up all you need to know, going forward:

The old diet/exercise paradigm:  

low fat  
grazing  
sugar and starches
AVAP (as vegetarian as possible)  
seed oils  
aerobics / Ken Cooper-inspired cardio  
inefficient, time consuming, joint-destroying Arnoldian strength training (ask Sylvester Stallone)  
shade  

The new paradigm:  

low carb  
intermittent fasting  
eggs, meat, fish, full fat dairy, veggies, berries, avoiding sugar and starches
unrefined fats and oils, low in PUFA or high in Omega 3  
intervals, possibly (say 20 min twice a week)  
some walking (say, 30 min 3 times a week)  
efficient, intense Arthur Jones/Mentzer/Ken Hutchins strength training with lighter weights/body weight/bands/suspension trainer; few sets & reps  
sun (say 15 min 3 times a week) 

• Thanks 1

Most of the "WARNING! Meat May/Might/Could…."  studies with attention-grabbing headlines are funded by billionaires. They are the people heavily invested in plant-based food production, especially synthetic, heavily processed fake meat made from vegan pea protein granules.  All these so-called studies are epidemiological (observational) and do not show causation. Observational data in and of itself is junk research and has no place in the public domain. Scientists are supposed to use it to potentially generate hypothesis, not pass on weak associations as potential dangers to media outlets. But they do!

AVOID REAL FOOD!

It's ironic that—according to researchers—certain real foods have become harmful to human health, such as meats, eggs, fish, poultry, etc. Well, look what happened to the peoples of the world after the dietary guidelines suggested low-fat, low-cholesterol, as the way forward. How's that working out for your waistline?

WHO CONTROLS THE NARRATIVE?

What most people don't realize is that the the powerful plant-based lobbyist control what you see, hear, and read. Studies that disagree with their vested interests are buried so deep that they never see the light of day. For example, how many of you reading here know anything about the study below? Not many, that's for sure, but it deserves as much publicity as sensational headlines controlled by those invested in and pushing the vegan and vegetarian lifestyle.

THE HARVARD CARNIVORE DIET STUDY

In 2020, a team of researchers at Harvard University conducted the first mainstream study on the carnivore diet. The study surveyed over 2000 carnivore dieters. And the findings were published on 2 November 2021 in Current Developments in Nutrition.

NATIONALITY

64% of participants were from the United States and Canada, 11% from Europe, and 8% from Australia.

SEX

Two-thirds of the participants were male. One-third were female.

Participants’ ages ranged from 18 to 85. The median age was 44.

WEIGHT

Participant body weight ranged from 38 kg to 176 kg (84 lb to 388 lb). The median weight was 76 kg (168 lb.)

CHANGES IN HEALTH STATUS

• 95% improved overall health
  • 91% improved hunger/food cravings
  • 89% improved energy
  • 85% improved mental clarity
  • 83% improved focus
  • 78% improved strength
  • 76% improved endurance
  • 69% improved sleep
  • 69% improved chronic disease
  • 66% improved memory

HOW CHRONIC CONDITIONS CHANGED

• 98% improved or resolved diabetes and insulin resistance
  • 97% improved or resolved gastrointestinal conditions
  • 96% improved or resolved musculoskeletal issues
  • 96% improved or resolved psychiatric symptoms
  • 93% improved or resolved overweight/obesity
  • 93% improved or resolved hypertension
  • 92% improved or resolved urologic issues
  • 92% improved or resolved dermatologic issues
  • 89% improved or resolved autoimmune conditions
  • 84% improved or resolved cardiovascular issues

HOW MEDICATION USE CHANGED

• 100% discontinued other diabetes injectables
  • 92% discontinued insulin for type 2 diabetes altogether
  • 90% discontinued or decreased insulin
  • 84% discontinued oral diabetes medications.

IN CONCLUSION

Shhhhhhh! There's no big money in a proper human diet or profits for big pharama who treat your factory food-born obesity and associated illnesses.

Edited by AddyA
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1