Man's razor with a "rigid" head.

5davidhen1

5 minutes ago, freeworld said:

That takes a steady hand and a lot of learning and skill.

Just joking. Worse would be a Thai woman holding a straight razor near your crown jewels. Shudder.

Some guys do like to use straight razors. Maybe started off as meeting a challenge. Bit of a hobby for some, as wetshaving in general can be. I once messed around with a shavette and decided it's not worth my developing the skill.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:09 AM, 5davidhen1 said:

I can't abide all these new-fangled razors which "blend with the contours of your face."

Year's ago, Tesco (UK) made/sold a cheap 2 or 3 blade razor with a rigid head, but unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued. Whilst I suffer from shaky hands, I am a man, and am perfectly capable of holding the razor in a way which suits my shaving fashion.

Unfortunately, all razors, with varying numbers of extra heads, are packaged in such a manner as to be unable to determine whether their heads are indeed rigid, or "swivel." Back in the UK, most supermarket staff wouldn't have a clue as to whether a razor has, or doesn't have a rigid head. I would imagine that here in Thailand, with the "lost-in-translation" language problem, that getting an accurate answer to the question in point would be nigh on impossible.

So, to the question: Does anyone know where I can buy a man's razor with a rigid head, either here, or in the UK? The manufacture's name of said razor would be a help, even better, a picture of one.

TIA.

David.

N.B. I am only interested in the above --- NOT the old-fashioned razors with removable/replaceable blades.

B and Ms in the UK sell them in packs of three or four with fixed heads.

They are cheap at about 1.99 GBP a pack.

They are made by BIC and are called Flex four or Flex three.

Both have rigid heads.

I buy them all the time when in the UK and keep a stock in Thailand of them.

I've just been in the bathroom and checked, they do have a slight swivel.

Sorry!

Edited by Scouse123

On 12/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, VocalNeal said:

No <deleted> sherlock they've got Flexi written on them.

My BIC have Flex written on, they are rigid with a slight swivel.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

You're not pressing hard enough.

I've just checked, they do swivel slightly, I was wrong!

First and only time I'll be wrong, in 2024!............:clap2:

But they don't swivel much, anyway, they work well for me!

Happy New Year 2024, ASEAN NOW moaners!

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I've just checked, they do swivel slightly, I was wrong!

First and only time I'll be wrong, in 2024!............:clap2:

But they don't swivel much, anyway, they work well for me!

Happy New Year 2024, ASEAN NOW moaners!

Taking a screenshot of that....555

• Haha 1

I can't abide all these new-fangled razors which "blend with the contours of your face."

Year's ago, Tesco (UK) made/sold a cheap 2 or 3 blade razor with a rigid head, but unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued. Whilst I suffer from shaky hands, I am a man, and am perfectly capable of holding the razor in a way which suits my shaving fashion.

Unfortunately, all razors, with varying numbers of extra heads, are packaged in such a manner as to be unable to determine whether their heads are indeed rigid, or "swivel." Back in the UK, most supermarket staff wouldn't have a clue as to whether a razor has, or doesn't have a rigid head. I would imagine that here in Thailand, with the "lost-in-translation" language problem, that getting an accurate answer to the question in point would be nigh on impossible.

So, to the question: Does anyone know where I can buy a man's razor with a rigid head, either here, or in the UK? The manufacture's name of said razor would be a help, even better, a picture of one.

TIA.

David.

N.B. I am only interested in the above --- NOT the old-fashioned razors with removable/replaceable blades.

Aye,

You can't beat a 'rigid head ' :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, freeworld said:

That takes a steady hand and a lot of learning and skill.

It doesn't take that long. I cut myself the first few times due to applying too much pressure and now I cut myself every once in a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavidB1960 said:

Great little disposable. Been using them for years.

https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32825552913.html

Those seem a bit expensive. How many shaves you get per blade?

I have a classic Schick Krona I used for a time as a travel razor--on longer trips when I could pack it in checked luggage. Finally decided it's too mild for me and retired it to the cabinet.

TIA.

David.

I went back to the old style with removable blades. I find it to be way better than any modern junk. I spied some blades in the 10

Bhat shop so I tried them and am super pleased with the result. They give an awsome shave and last a long time. You should try it you will not be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:08 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Mr DIY has a selection of razors, pretty cheap from 17 baht for 5. Trial and error to find ones that are sharp enough and last long enough

At 17B for five ... they aren't DESIGNED to last!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, JohnAllan said:

At 17B for five ... they aren't DESIGNED to last!

I used to use some from Tescos, 10 for £1, they were good lasted a while.

Of course at MrDIY it's trial and error to find the best ones for the price